CAT scavenger pieces price

Jpfit262
545 posts Member
edited August 2021
Seriously, 5 shards for 600 crystals or 500 conquest currency? Didn’t you say that their cost would be slightly reduced after their rotation? RC has been out of rotation 1 time now and CAT is fresh out. But these prices are no cheaper and you ONLY get 30 CAT pieces for max crate.

Max crate is well past impossible at this state of the game and the rewards are seriously not anywhere near what they should be. Forcing players to choose made sense when there were only 2 options, but now you are adding a 3 and not making it any easier to option pre-existing characters.
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Checking.
  • Options
    It’s ridiculous to justify these changes with some players going through the conquest too soon. Rather, their problem may have been that many of us took it through without crystal spending. Well that's why it became harder and more expensive. CAT’s rise in price is just another slap in the face, and it really wasn’t promised.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Same thing applies to RC shards -> 600 crystals for 5 and 400 conquest currency for 5. I don't really mind crystal shard cost but 400 seems a lot for a toon that's no longer in the box
  • Options
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Same thing applies to RC shards -> 600 crystals for 5 and 400 conquest currency for 5. I don't really mind crystal shard cost but 400 seems a lot for a toon that's no longer in the box
    But then you don’t get maul
  • TVF
    36634 posts Member
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

You don't get maul anyway....have you seen nuConquest?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

You don't get maul anyway....have you seen nuConquest?

Oh yea I have no chance at it. I saw fully relic’d BB and stopped trying. All squad fully relic’d - Jawas, revivable imps, Phoenix (the only manageable one) and then I get to BB. Are you kidding me? Yep I’m done.
  • Options

You mean you expect some reasonable explanation from them? They probably explain something, but you already know whats their top reasons actually are for this.
  • Options
    I am 100 shards short of CAT and the max in a crate is 30?
  • Options
    Such a joooookeeeee
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seriously, 5 shards for 600 crystals or 500 conquest currency? Didn’t you say that their cost would be slightly reduced after their rotation? RC has been out of rotation 1 time now and CAT is fresh out. But these prices are no cheaper and you ONLY get 30 CAT pieces for max crate.

Max crate is well past impossible at this state of the game and the rewards are seriously not anywhere near what they should be. Forcing players to choose made sense when there were only 2 options, but now you are adding a 3 and not making it any easier to option pre-existing characters.

I didnt get a chance to see them in store, but they are checking. I am told the price should have been reduced from 105 currency per shard to 95.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

I didnt get a chance to see them in store, but they are checking. I am told the price should have been reduced from 105 currency per shard to 95.

Ok and is RC supposed to be there or just CAT?
  • Options
    Rip normal mode players. just dont buy CAT unless you have kenobi
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous to justify these changes with some players going through the conquest too soon. Rather, their problem may have been that many of us took it through without crystal spending. Well that's why it became harder and more expensive. CAT’s rise in price is just another slap in the face, and it really wasn’t promised.

Time was never a factor. Cost was. Player going through it too free.
  • Options
    Bah. I'll just wait a year until she goes to a hard node or something. Conquest is not fun anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Ok and is RC supposed to be there or just CAT?

I'm asking.
  • Options
    Are they going to give us alternative ways to get CAT shards?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    pnett_13 wrote: »
    Are they going to give us alternative ways to get CAT shards?

Nothing beyond the outlined plan
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/244212/road-ahead-april-2021
  • Options
    I didn't check box prizes before the event ended, how many CAT shards were in the gold and red boxes?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    90/30 in Red Crate Hard for Maul/CAT.
  • Options
    Oh CG. Just had to mess around with one of the few fun parts of the game that was still there. At some point I’m going to recognize the last 5 years as a sunk cost.
  • Options
    Can't bloody well buy shards at any price now!

A whole month of waiting and Conquest gets shut down again a few hours after it starts.

They should at least open up the Conquest store and add shards there so those of us who have Conquest currency can spend it.
  • Options
    Maybe the devs should just rerun Conquest 6 until they get this all sorted out
  • Options
    I have been saying this from the beginning. You are crazy if you thought they would keep letting everyone get a free character every 3 months. What they have done is really devious. They want to reward a broad roster which you can't develop because they funnel everyone's progress into the same areas with galactic legend requirements. Conquest was meant to reward whales. They just didn't know how to tune it at first.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I didn't check box prizes before the event ended, how many CAT shards were in the gold and red boxes?

30 in the top box, 25 in the one below it

• Options

That's not much of a reduction tbf...
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »

Ah. So I'll get 75 free. Need to buy 5. Thanks for the help!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Gorgus wrote: »
    Maybe the devs should just rerun Conquest 6 until they get this all sorted out

This, please!! Stop punishing the community for situations that are not our fault.

Roll it back so we can at least get some rewards while you guys work out this mess. First the delay, then the increase in energy cost/nerfing rewards, then cancellation again…c’mon man.

You guys used to be better than this.
  • Options
    Calbion wrote: »

Ah. So I'll get 75 free. Need to buy 5. Thanks for the help!

Bahg. I have 200, so should be at 275 (pray they dont alter it further) ... and i aint spending like 6k crystals on the remaining 55 shards. Looks like ill miss out unfortunately.