Daka or Fett

I've searched a lot for a Thread but I only find divided opinions.

I already have 4* Daka with 60/65, so I only need 5 Shards from Cantina for a 5* Daka.

I have 53/80 Fett Shards, because I farm him a lot the last time, because many people say he is very solid with his AoE Ability Block and his stats.

Should I go for Daka first?

Her Revive skill is awesome but his heal isn't as good as like my Lumi,Barris or JC.

Some Opinions of advanced Players would be nice and helpful. :)

Replies

• Options
    I like Daka better than Fett, but they serve 2 diff purposes. Both have pros and cons.
  • ToBakai
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Is Fett only good, because the AoE Ability Block or has he another reason why you should play him?
    Post edited by ToBakai on
  • Options
    Push #1
  • Options
    They really are just so different it depends on your needs. Fett has never impressed me, but I have others that can fill his skills.
  • ToBakai
    26 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    As Healers I have Lumi, JC and Barris.
    Lumi is the only one who can use Ability Block and only on 1 Target.

But when Boba Fett is only good, because of his AoE Ability Block Skill, then I can't understand why many People say he is so awesome.
  • Options
    In summary, all my learning is Daka is not very good for Arena, even at 6* and likely at 7*. Your team will drip to +10,000 in a week after mist people level their A-team to max stats.

Daka is good tonfinish dark missions for thevgear you need, and anywhere where you don't have to defend. But GW will very soon feature heavy dps teams that will crush your health and Daka will die first most often and revive maybe once each GW if you are amazingly lucky.

My perception has shifted as enemies become 7*x5 teams.
  • Options
    As far as advancing through the darkside PVE missions you're going to have to at the very least unlock Daka if you want to max the gear on some of your toons. It's pretty much a necessity. But you dont have to invest any further in her once unlocked as a 4* Daka does fine in PVE. It wouldnt hurt to 5 star her tho since you're so close.
    Boba is one of the most well rounded characters in the game. One of only 3 characters you can advance to the second epic tier atm. But many people use him in a jedi or single target DPS team comp & and he really doesn't do as well synergy wise in those types of teams. So most write Boba off. But in an AOE heavy team Boba is a god. He is durable, has highest DPS of all tanks, self rez and he just got buffed. Poe is the sleeper, he could be awesome but theres not enough information on him atm to make a judgement.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    5* daka then drop her for boba. you can always come back and 7* her if you're a completionist
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Okay, I make Daka 5* tomorrow.
    Apart from Poe, is Fett the ,,best" charakter, which I can get from Cantina?
    Or is CT-5 better?
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You know I read people praising Fives but I have him at 6* and he does much less damage than Boba, doesn't have a rez, aoe ability block or a great leadership skill. His shining star is the assist attack and low chance to counter attack. Other than that Idk. Poe might be better than Boba I honestly don't know as I dont have Poe. But judging from his skill descriptions at least on paper Boba seems to have more tools. Maybe once more information comes out as more people level Poe we will see how he performs.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    Boba is one of the most well rounded characters in the game. One of only 3 characters you can advance to the second epic tier atm. But many people use him in a jedi or single target DPS team comp & and he really doesn't do as well synergy wise in those types of teams. So most write Boba off. But in an AOE heavy team Boba is a god. He is durable, has highest DPS of all tanks, self rez and he just got buffed. Poe is the sleeper, he could be awesome but theres not enough information on him atm to make a judgement.[/quote

I'm in the situation you described above as I'm kinda F2P save for a few crystal sub packs and 1 Dooku pack. Really want to start a building an AOE team but I nvr had the confidence cause I think the AOE team hinges on Lando and I doubt I'd ever get him.

Was thinking of the following:

1. Sid (Lead)
    2. Boba
    3. IG-88
    4. Datcha
    5. Kylo Ren

This is based on one character from each table so I won't have characters fighting for shards.
    Anyone think its viable? Seems like no synergy at all haha
  • Options
    Poe unquestionably is the best hero in the canteena. Exceptions exist, as whipit stated, bobofet is a great option in an aoe team. However, that is a very specialized team that is not easy to get as you're coming up. Daka is essential for darkside missions. I suggest capping her out at 5 for now. You can always reconsider and continue farming her later, as she is already up there at 5 stars. As for your switch, Poe is the way to go. Awesome in lightside missions, arena, and GW, and can easily synergise into any team.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    I have a 7* daka in pvp and she is extrememly productive. I stay below 200. She could be the weakest link in my side but sometimes she can turn the side of the battle. I've had her bring 3 characters back from the dead then have lumi heal then to full health in 2 turns....
    Defence wise in pvp she's an easy target. But aren't they all?