Allow Hoth and Geo TB.

Decicrim
235 posts Member
edited March 2022
So one thing that would be great is if CG would just allow guilds to run both both and geo territory battles instead of having to pick one of them.

Some guilds don’t run hoth anymore at all. For people that still rolo shards for jedi luke journey it is really quite a pain.

Why do we have to pick?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Altzair
    134 posts Member
    Options
    The code probably only allows one or the other due to the platoons and deployment in territories. My guess if both were allowed if you used toons in one they wouldn't be available in the other.

Also CG doesn't like players being able to double dip on rewards.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    They would only do this if they also halved the rewards for each. This is equivalent to just alternating between the two. But honestly, Geo TB rewards are far more worth it.
    Post edited by CCyrilS on
  • Options
    Decicrim wrote: »
    So one thing that would be great is if CG would just allow guilds to run both both and geo territory battles instead of having to pick one of them.

Some guilds don’t run hoth anymore at all. For people that still rolo shards for jedi luke journey it is really quite a pain.

Why do we have to pick?

I agree, this is needed!
  • Options
    At the end of the day CG would only do something like this if they also halved the rewards. That way we, the playerbase is no further ahead. Additionally, as a guild leader, I must say trying to run 2 guild events simultaneously would be too much for most of my guild. Imagine doing 2 TBs, along with conquest and GAC all in 1 day..

For ROLO shards your best bet is GET2, Galactic bounty 1 event or you could always seek out a guild looking for a merc that is running LS Hoth and switch guilds for the week.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Altzair wrote: »
    The code probably only allows one or the other due to the platoons and deployment in territories. My guess if both were allowed if you used toons in one they wouldn't be available in the other.

The counter argument to that would be to introduce code that sets a primary focus, and secondary focus.
    i.e. you only get the main rewards from the primary, but use the secondary to maybe get minor/less rewards.

I do agree that allowing both would be an issue as the gap between new and old players would get larger, but at the same time, there is no real enjoyment out of running the old Hoth guilds if you are in a guild that gets 32 stars in DS Geo, and 20+ in LS Geo

Counter point is that they do need to make things more accessible for those who didn't get a change to get probe droid and ROLO, they can be acquired from the bounty hunt, but they only occur ever 2 months and they also alternate, increasing the grind.

Would be nice to see both get used, even if reduced rewards were given, hell, just remove the crystals and that would probably mitigate any other issues people have about double dipping.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Binary wrote: »
    Altzair wrote: »

The counter argument to that would be to introduce code that sets a primary focus, and secondary focus.
    i.e. you only get the main rewards from the primary, but use the secondary to maybe get minor/less rewards.

I do agree that allowing both would be an issue as the gap between new and old players would get larger, but at the same time, there is no real enjoyment out of running the old Hoth guilds if you are in a guild that gets 32 stars in DS Geo, and 20+ in LS Geo

Counter point is that they do need to make things more accessible for those who didn't get a change to get probe droid and ROLO, they can be acquired from the bounty hunt, but they only occur ever 2 months and they also alternate, increasing the grind.

Would be nice to see both get used, even if reduced rewards were given, hell, just remove the crystals and that would probably mitigate any other issues people have about double dipping.

Simpler to just add rolo and ipd shards to geo rewards. It would make the decision easier for guilds of mixed levels with some still needing those shards, but have miniscule benefit for those already doing geo.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    I think should just increase the amt of get we get ... More get 1 and 2 for everyone
  • Options
    Just do Geo TB and use your GET2 for ROLO shards. Problem solved. Hoth is just about clicking that auto button anyway
  • Options
    Just do Geo TB and use your GET2 for ROLO shards. Problem solved. Hoth is just about clicking that auto button anyway

GET 2 is an aweful way to get rolo shards, this would put you 6-12months behind on malevolence or negotiator.

Quite frankly with the lack of economy changes CG has given, they shouldn’t care about they GET rewards. They could give us both hoth only gives you GET 1 anyway so what CG allows players to get an extra 6000-12000 GET1 each MONTH, oooooohhhhhh.
    It takes 50000+ for hoda, malak, gas, wampa each, it takes players 6months+ to save for each, a little extra GET1 would be welcome!

Moving guilds for a week or a month is just aweful! People are in a guild usually because they like the guild and the people in it.

For the comment about, having 2 TBD running would be toooo much! I’m tired of seeing this.. if you don’t want to do it, just don’t do it! Your not losing anything that you don’t have today! If you want the extra GET or shards from hoth then put in the effort :/

• Options
    This game is all about choices. So you gotta choose… do you want to do Geo TB for extra rewards or Hoth TB for ROLO shards?

Having both territory battles run at the same time is highly unlikely, and I wouldn’t want both running at the same time either.
  • Options
    Hard pass on running both Hoth and Geo TB at the same time. I'll asssume OP isnt an officer
  • Options
    Hard pass on running both Hoth and Geo TB at the same time. I'll asssume OP isnt an officer

Correct assumption like 85% of player base I’m not an officer.

But again I don’t understand why you care if HOth runs at same time. If you don’t want to put in the effort to officer both then just don’t! Your guild can just continue to do only geoTB and get the same rewards with same effort you do today!
    If your guild wants to put in effort for hoth also then yes little extra effort, and you are rewarded for it :/

Just because something is there doesn’t require you to have fomo to do it all.
  • Options
    its a no from me dog
    hello
  • Options

But again I don’t understand why you care if HOth runs at same time. If you don’t want to put in the effort to officer both then just don’t! Your guild can just continue to do only geoTB and get the same rewards with same effort you do today!
    If your guild wants to put in effort for hoth also then yes little extra effort, and you are rewarded for it :/

I'm not suprised that you're not one, if you were an officer invloved in running TB, you'd see it takes more than "a little effort" ;)
  • Options

I'm not suprised that you're not one, if you were an officer invloved in running TB, you'd see it takes more than "a little effort" ;)

Your 100% correct I have no idea what it entails from officer point of view. I’ve only been playing 1 year and don’t know all the guild mechanics at all.

I assumed for TB it could be as simple as select TB to run.
    Other than that I assumed that if you really wanted to set instructions for each section, and coordinate making sure everyone deploys where you want to deploy.
    So yes if you really were chasing and organizing I can see where it would be a lot of work.

- But I also expected that you could just simply start TB and not put effort in for setting instructions, etc…

- I also assume that guilds that are running Geo TB are larger guilds. And if they ran hoth like someone said it pretty much “auto” you wouldn’t need to set instructions or chase guild members.

Could you not just simple start a TB?
    Officer spends normal effort with their Geo TB.
    If you ran hoth could you start and then not put in extra setup effort?

What exactly do officers have to do during a TB? It would be great to know.

I ask these with sincerity, because I don’t know. But at same time ask why you couldn’t just start.
  • Options
    I checked the GP requirements. My guild wouldn’t need to do any combats at all until phase 6 on DS HothTB and even then we’d only need 10 missions at 4/4 and then full deployment for max stars. So there’s very little in the way of organising required for a guild the size of ours.

For me, it’s not really the extra work or the additional organising as an officer that’s the problem. It’s that this will absolutely never happen.

I feel like you’re trying to convince us to wear a watch that makes us age slower. It doesn’t matter if I’d wear one or not because it will never exist.
  • Options
    I checked the GP requirements. My guild wouldn’t need to do any combats at all until phase 6 on DS HothTB and even then we’d only need 10 missions at 4/4 and then full deployment for max stars. So there’s very little in the way of organising required for a guild the size of ours.

For me, it’s not really the extra work or the additional organising as an officer that’s the problem. It’s that this will absolutely never happen.

I feel like you’re trying to convince us to wear a watch that makes us age slower. It doesn’t matter if I’d wear one or not because it will never exist.

Thank you so much for confirming. So it can be run without officer engagement.
    And it also still wouldn’t require you to do hoth at all if you didn’t even want to as a guild.

I think what perplexes me the most is why people would be against having additional event game play.
    Why would people be against having more events running? More rewards? Etc..
    It like people want to advance but not actually spend time playing the game.

Yes I completely agree that there is really zero chance of CG allowing this and implementing.

No wonder CG can get away with not implementing things, with people in community saying no I don’t want more stuff that gives rewards?!? Maybe if everyone actually saw benefit, it would gain traction. But once again community divided :(
  • Options
    The only players it would benefit are the ones who’ve been playing the longest and already have deep rosters. As @DarjeloSalas mentioned, it’s not like Hoth TB would require much officer oversight once your guild GP crosses a certain threshold.

While getting additional rewards would certainly benefit me, I don’t see them as necessary or beneficial to the game as a whole.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    Options

I believe you forgot the "... for a guild the size of ours." part.
    And it also still wouldn’t require you to do hoth at all if you didn’t even want to as a guild.

.... and pass on farming resources that my competitors in GAC farm?
    I think what perplexes me the most is why people would be against having additional event game play.

Additional game play that makes sense is welcome. Hoth TBs on top of Geonosis TBs doesn't make sense.
  • Decicrim
    235 posts Member
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »

Additional game play that makes sense is welcome. Hoth TBs on top of Geonosis TBs doesn't make sense.

Everything about that post is incorrect or just proves my point further :/

1. No regardless of size, he still confirmed that you can do a TB without major officer effort, your choice if you put in more effort to get a better score.
    2. Oh you miss out on rewards others going against you in gac. Ummmm well yes if someone did want to do something that gave rewards i you made a defiant choice not to even if available. That’s your choice.
    3. Ok it would be nice for more content, but for those who like to play and get rewards, anything that gives rewards I’ll take.

What I really get is “I don’t want to put in effort to play old content I already have bonus shards from, even if it has rewards”, little self centered, but ok I get the view point.

I’ll throw out another option
    If it had the option to SIM it if guild had max starred x times, much like the old raids, that way you get rewards that includes toon shards and guild members that still need toon shards get them and you don’t fall behind because you don’t want to play old content

• Options
    I'd love to see you run a geo TB and get the maximum number of stars you could for your guild.
    You really have no clue what's involved.
    Hoth, yes, we could do that in our sleep
  • Options
    ... actually, I wouldn't wish that on your guild
  • Decicrim
    235 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to see you run a geo TB and get the maximum number of stars you could for your guild.
    You really have no clue what's involved.
    Hoth, yes, we could do that in our sleep

Jeez I sense a little hostility.

I never doubted the amount of effort GEO TB takes to be an officer for. And that was never in question. Geo TB is still tough enough and yes I could fully understand how hard and frustrating it must be to corral everyone to get platoons filled before battles deploy in correct sectors, even though I don’t know every detail. however the topic was what effort do you need to put in for hoth not for Geo.

again your response still only validated my point “hoth yes we could do in our sleep” so why would it be sooo much extra effort?!?

Or why if your guild had already max starred hoth would you say no to being able to Do your GEO tb with effort but also being able to SIM hoth?
  • Options

1. No regardless of size, he still confirmed that you can do a TB without major officer effort, your choice if you put in more effort to get a better score.
    2. Oh you miss out on rewards others going against you in gac. Ummmm well yes if someone did want to do something that gave rewards i you made a defiant choice not to even if available. That’s your choice.
    3. Ok it would be nice for more content, but for those who like to play and get rewards, anything that gives rewards I’ll take.

What I really get is “I don’t want to put in effort to play old content I already have bonus shards from, even if it has rewards”, little self centered, but ok I get the view point.

I’ll throw out another option
    If it had the option to SIM it if guild had max starred x times, much like the old raids, that way you get rewards that includes toon shards and guild members that still need toon shards get them and you don’t fall behind because you don’t want to play old content

Oh dear. I’m afraid you’re not following what I said properly.

1. I absolutely did not say “regardless of size”. I said “for a guild the size of ours”. You’re not in my guild, so when I said “a guild the size of ours” I obviously meant my guild which is just shy of 400M GP. There aren’t many guilds bigger than that, but there are thousands of guilds smaller and the majority of them would require management to run either TB.

2. Like before, you are fixating on the wrong thing. You seem to be incredulous about people who are against your idea, almost as if you think their objections are what’s stopping your idea becoming a reality. But your idea will never become a reality no matter how much support you generate.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

1. You're wrong. I'm right.
    2. But not a choice without consequences if you want to compete in GAC - so, not really a choice.
    3. I disagree.

• Decicrim
    235 posts Member
    Options
    I give up, since “a choice is not really a choice” I’m not going in circles with that again.

nobody wants to explain what you “can do” vs “have to do” as an officer.
    From what I’ve heard so far, you “could” run a TB without officer involvement.

I don’t ever expect this to be implemented at all, but I still like to understand other pov, which takes explanation and questioning.

I hope you all a a wonderful weekend!