Datacron bust

Drim
360 posts Member
I’m a day one player and all I got to say is this launch is a bust. We got one datacron to “test”. I can all ready see you will need many of them to make anything happen. Roll up to level 2-3 look at stats think about a team “see below if said team can even use” and start over or keep going. The hole relic gate is also dumb. I have a bunch of mixed g12 relic teams no datacron for them! At 8+m GP I literally only have so many full R3+ teams and if we’re talking defense team even less far far less. I was super excited about this until actually realizing that it’s just not going to work for me literally

Replies

• Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Options
    Considering I'm doubting your average F2P player will be able to even level more than 2 datacrons to max per cycle I'm not really sure it matters if you only have a couple teams that can use them.

I'm going after one for JMK and one for Rey and maybe a low level one for DV and not expecting to be able to do more than that.

Most rewards are in the conquest pass, so not F2P available.
    Red crate literally doesn't give you enough to max out a single datacron.

So while you can likely pretty easily max ONE datacron via guaranteed rewards and store purchases for SSC/Ally points, you're going to be relying on TW rewards + grinding treasure nodes for any others, which unless sector 5 significantly increases on reward amounts, isn't a notable amount per attempt at all, so again, "maybe" 2 or 2 1/2 F2P. 3 to 3 1/2 at best.

Which is basically GLs + maybe one or 2 other teams.

So functionally all this did was make GLs better for your average player, and become an even bigger resource sink for whales.
  • Options
    Good luck getting a Rey or JMK omicron F2P.

They said character mechanics are weighted. My bet is Rey is 1% and Finn/Resistance Trooper are 99%.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Drim wrote: »
    I’m a day one player and all I got to say is this launch is a bust. We got one datacron to “test”. I can all ready see you will need many of them to make anything happen. Roll up to level 2-3 look at stats think about a team “see below if said team can even use” and start over or keep going. The hole relic gate is also dumb. I have a bunch of mixed g12 relic teams no datacron for them! At 8+m GP I literally only have so many full R3+ teams and if we’re talking defense team even less far far less. I was super excited about this until actually realizing that it’s just not going to work for me literally

You really don’t understand these at all, do you?

My first stat was crit damage, second stat was health steal. Even if it rolls a Light Side ability at level 3 I can still use that datacron on any Dark Side team with at least relic 3 and get crit damage and health steal for all of them.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Not being able to click on the components to find out where they are available is awful. There are too many and they are too similar looking - I shouldn't have to write down a shopping list.

Please make them like gear or relic materials; not sure how this was overlooked. The game UI/UX shouldn't be getting worse over time.
  • Lucada
    10 posts Member
    Options
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Not being able to click on the components to find out where they are available is awful. There are too many and they are too similar looking - I shouldn't have to write down a shopping list.

Please make them like gear or relic materials; not sure how this was overlooked. The game UI/UX shouldn't be getting worse over time.

This. I tried to click on the needed item (like every other game mode) and it wouldnt allow me to "find" it. I gave up at that point since the screen is so small and I don't want to mistakingly get the wrong thing. Waste of time.
  • Mattysvk
    28 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Well...why should i even bother make even one set, when it´s only temporary? It feels too complicated, time consuming, unrewarding and complete game of chance. For a little boost in GA and TW? Why shouldn´t i use crystals and other recources on gear, characters, relics and much more usefull things? Where´s the fun and real motivation for majority of players except most spending whales?

That´s all i want to say. I like this game and i don´t hate this update. Only thing i feel is a complete apathy and i really don´t understand what´s the point of them. I know, making more money, but where´s the real benefit for community?
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

You really don’t understand these at all, do you?

My first stat was crit damage, second stat was health steal. Even if it rolls a Light Side ability at level 3 I can still use that datacron on any Dark Side team with at least relic 3 and get crit damage and health steal for all of them.

I mean, if they are that cumbersome to understand, isn't that yet another argument for them being a total bust? No one wanted more complexity in this game. So many characters and kits to fill your cup with complexity already.
    This comes off as a tone deaf recurring cash grab since these D-Crons are temporary.
    I want nothing more in this game right now than to have D-Crons removed from the game.
    8.2 mip GP player.
  • Options

I don't know what you were excited about since they explained all of this a while back? People don't want to invest in high level relics on most characters and CG doesn't like it. So they created a way to force you into engaging with higher relic levels.
  • Options
    Hey CG. Do you hate your playerbase?
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t understand why some are getting so frustrated. I don’t think it’s particularly complicated, draining of time or resources. All I have farmed on the datacron node in conquest is old republic and Sith global feat and I have had enough resources to start rolling stats on several datacron already. I usually do these feats on weak enemies in sector 1 anyway as these are weak teams in my roster, so now I actually get some rewards when using energy and stamina. We have not even seen the rewards for TW and there is more in the reward crate at end of conquest.

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I don’t understand why some are getting so frustrated. I don’t think it’s particularly complicated, draining of time or resources. All I have farmed on the datacron node in conquest is old republic and Sith global feat and I have had enough resources to start rolling stats on several datacron already. I usually do these feats on weak enemies in sector 1 anyway as these are weak teams in my roster, so now I actually get some rewards when using energy and stamina. We have not even seen the rewards for TW and there is more in the reward crate at end of conquest.

Start rerolling or dismantling them adn see the costs associated with those things.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options

Start rerolling or dismantling them adn see the costs associated with those things.

Okay, but it’s the same cost for everyone aside from luck which everything in this game requires, with the level of RNG. Someone may get the perfect roll they want straight up with just the resources from conquest. Which would be an amazing jackpot. If they don’t, they can make use of what they have which is likely competitive with a majority of the community or they can punch up like many skilled lower GP players do in GAC already, in the crazy matchmaking. Or they can get the credit card out and P2W like in any other free to play mobile game. Not quite sure what’s changed in this dynamic.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Okay, but it’s the same cost for everyone aside from luck which everything in this game requires, with the level of RNG. Someone may get the perfect roll they want straight up with just the resources from conquest. Which would be an amazing jackpot. If they don’t, they can make use of what they have which is likely competitive with a majority of the community or they can punch up like many skilled lower GP players do in GAC already, in the crazy matchmaking. Or they can get the credit card out and P2W like in any other free to play mobile game. Not quite sure what’s changed in this dynamic.

The advantage became temporary. While you can argue other investments are as such since they age, they don't evaporate and you can keep building them.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

The advantage became temporary. While you can argue other investments are as such since they age, they don't evaporate and you can keep building them.

Thing everyone is forgetting is that it’s a rolling evaporation. They’re talking like every month you start over from scratch.

One third of your stuff will fade each month, since there’s a cap of 30 datacrons that means roughly 10 will expire just in time for a new set to begin. You can farm 10 datacrons in a month, can’t you?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Thing everyone is forgetting is that it’s a rolling evaporation. They’re talking like every month you start over from scratch.

One third of your stuff will fade each month, since there’s a cap of 30 datacrons that means roughly 10 will expire just in time for a new set to begin. You can farm 10 datacrons in a month, can’t you?

Not sure I get what you mean, doesn't it all go away at the end of current cycle?
  • Options

Not sure I get what you mean, doesn't it all go away at the end of current cycle?

there will be 3 active at the same time max. set1 set 2 set 3 come out in stages, when 4 comes out 1 is automatically dismantled. You know, the more I talk and think about this the more ridiculously convoluted it sounds.

btw @NicWester it's a limit of 30 datacrons per set. So you could in theory have 90 active when set 3 becomes available. Which if you think about it in terms of TW.....ew.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

there will be 3 active at the same time max. set1 set 2 set 3 come out in stages, when 4 comes out 1 is automatically dismantled. You know, the more I talk and think about this the more ridiculously convoluted it sounds.

btw @NicWester it's a limit of 30 datacrons per set. So you could in theory have 90 active when set 3 becomes available. Which if you think about it in terms of TW.....ew.

Haha yeah I still don't understand. Does set 2 come after this exhibition season is over?
  • Options

Haha yeah I still don't understand. Does set 2 come after this exhibition season is over?

4klqivrf6bdk.png

we'll have 3 sets during exhibition period.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

btw NicWester it's a limit of 30 datacrons per set. So you could in theory have 90 active when set 3 becomes available. Which if you think about it in terms of TW.....ew.

4klqivrf6bdk.png

we'll have 3 sets during exhibition period.

Oh interesting--So only the first three sets will be three months, and the subsequent sets may last longer?

Also thanks for letting me know the cap of 30 is per set. That would have been a shock to discover on my own 🤣
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The advantage became temporary. While you can argue other investments are as such since they age, they don't evaporate and you can keep building them.[/quote]

You get some resources back and a new shiny set released to keep things fresh. Just invest the resources you organically drop and there is no issue of wasting extra effort.

Also, view this as an investment aimed at yielding short term rewards, such as tilting the balance in TW and GAC and winning more often for the duration. Prioritise the level of resources you want to allocate for that in comparison to longer term investments like unlocking and levelling characters.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    You get some resources back and a new shiny set released to keep things fresh. Just invest the resources you organically drop and there is no issue of wasting extra effort.

Also, view this as an investment aimed at yielding short term rewards, such as tilting the balance in TW and GAC and winning more often for the duration. Prioritise the level of resources you want to allocate for that in comparison to longer term investments like unlocking and levelling characters.

20% back of what you put in means there's actually a fair bit of wasted extra effort.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

20% back of what you put in means there's actually a fair bit of wasted extra effort.

You used it for three months--potentially longer.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options

I think you miss-understood my main point by taking one line out of context. There is no extra effort if you organically pick up resources when doing conquest feats and winning TW. This is stuff you were already doing, you just get rewards for datacrons. I think these will give enough to semi level several or fully level 1 or 2. It’s just a bonus we get some back for set 4 to kick us off.

CG released them but ultimately it is the players who will dictate how many, what level and the effort and resources invested. If most align with your outlook and do not want to invest heavily in temporary boosts, then you will maintain competitiveness with minimal to no extra effort. I am not sure if someone has a few more it will dictate a difference in win/loss, there are many factors such as overall activity, roster, skill and luck at play in TW and GAC. Also, I think there will be a big difference in investment from those with developing rosters and complete rosters (with nothing else to work on).

I am still prioritising gear to unlock a GL and executor as these will improve my roster for both GAC and TW more than datacrons and are permanent, these will also impact more areas of the game. But I am interested to use and see what strategy players use with datacrons and their temporary nature allows for strategy to change and evolve without too much complexity of dozens of active sets. But that’s my thoughts and you are welcome to disagree.

• Ragnarok_COTF
    1792 posts Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I frequently like/agree with a lot of your takes. I have zero issue with your (nor anyone else's) personal take on DCs. However, you have been taking the Kyno route of telling others that their concerns are unwarrented or don't matter (not explicitly with words, but via dismisiveness).
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I frequently like/agree with a lot of your takes. I have zero issue with your (nor anyone else's) personal take on DCs. However, you have been taking the Kyno route of telling others that their concerns are unwarrented or don't matter (not explicitly with words, but via dismisiveness).

Where has kyno gone btw?