Road work ahead? I sure hope it does…

Memes aside, June hasn’t exactly brought anything promising to the game. A lackluster Legendary character, bugs to proving grounds and TB, and something pretending to be a mod but is entirely temporary…

I can hope that the future will bring some good things to this game, but it honestly feels like the devs couldn’t care less. There hasn’t been an honest dev that’s come onto the forums to acknowledge they’ve fallen far short of our expectations and their promises.

Will there be an actual Road Ahead that’d show us what lies ahead, and one that actually fulfills what it promises? I sure hope so.

Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• Options
    I know ppl are just going to say that's what some have been saying for years; but the fact the road ahead is stuff we already talked about and not future ideas leads me to believe this game is basically on autopilot until they shut it down.the past half year has been disastrous bug and error wise, and they've doubled down on not properly communicating.
    I've given up expecting anything new and fun. It's all just the trickle of new grindquest characters and chasing datacrons that they care about now.
    And crapquisitors
  • Options
    Datacrons are a joke… I hope they shelve it after 9/5 when they expire. The time and effort they spent on that should really have been put elsewhere
  • Options
    My guild, and alot of guilds in our collective, are experiencing alot of burnout at this point. One recent departure said to me game is becoming too much of a timesink and they're right. CG are upping the time they want us to spend in this game but they're not giving us new content to do it in. "Grind conquest. Grind conquest more now cuz datacrons." TW: now with datacrons and 40+ teams per zone to fight in 24 hours! GAC is a massive amount of time to spend in-game, especially with so many teams you have to fight. I struggle to sit down and actually commit the couple hours it takes to run GAC. I miss squad arena when I could hit auto and take the dog out. Can't do that in GAC.

Plus since their most recent update my game's load time on battles in TB and GAC has become so slow it's ridiculous. one battle this morning took almost a minute to load. I thought the game was about to crash. This is the only game I play that has this issue. Solid product, CG.
  • Options
    I realize its purely anecdotal and may be limited to my shard but...the competition at the top of fleet arena has dried up dramatically the last couple weeks. It was at least one refresh to get into the top 10 but lately I'm not refreshing at all and sometimes have a battle left in the tank when I hit #1.

I can only assume people have stopped playing in my shard because why else would they stop trying to place in the top 10 when they have for a solid year? I was happy at first (easier for me) but the more I think about it that's not a good sign if its happening in a lot more than my shard.
  • Jesse36
    65 posts Member
    Options
    I think it’s likely that from now until the end of the game we get the occasional new character and lots of new progression.
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    I fear for this games future also.. relic 9 requirements for characters have stopped me from aiming for them.. if CG dare bring out a new GL and add relic 10 to the table then you will see more and more people leave the game.

They want us to spend money if we can’t earn such mats but prices are just insane, and the other side of the coin is most packs are a gamble, the chance to get your moneys worth..
  • Mohrg
    200 posts Member
    Options
    No July calendar yet, maybe they are done completely already.
    I suspect it is down to a single team of maybe 4-5 devs on this game now, anyone with all the knowledge has moved on to the LOTR game.
    I've seen it before in businesses, anything that the board doesn't care about anymore gets the rug pulled pretty fast.
  • Lumiya
    1479 posts Member
    Options
    What I find really sad is that especially as a newer player, you can see that CG/ the devs put a lot more love into the game in the past.
    If there are some new events, they are just the generic background, often with no dialogue or anything.
    I recently started the journey for JKL and that was made so lovely, all the story elements of the movies and the fights aswell.

The newer things all just seem slapped together.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Kripty
    202 posts Member
    Options
    Slapped together with a paywall
  • Options
    Mohrg wrote: »
    No July calendar yet, maybe they are done completely already.
    I suspect it is down to a single team of maybe 4-5 devs on this game now, anyone with all the knowledge has moved on to the LOTR game.
    I've seen it before in businesses, anything that the board doesn't care about anymore gets the rug pulled pretty fast.

They released the calendar on the 22nd in a content update post.
  • CT7099
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I get what you're saying, I was going for JMK before they announced PGs and now that I know for a fact that I can't farm CAT shards, I dropped everything I was working on for JMK and, instead, am trying to get Nest to G13.

Point is, I've stopped trying to get the GL clustered roster and will actually gear up the characters that I can enjoy playing with.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    I think the lack of GL content and the slow pace of communication are the main issues. Not everyone loves a new GL coming to the game, but it does tend to drive interest and engagement for players who really want that character. More communication, as pointed out repeatedly, would improve things for the better.
  • Options
    There have been some CG dev posts but I wouldn’t call it communication when the posts seem entirely tone deaf. More communication implies they’re willing to listen to feedback, and if them pushing out datacrons is any indication I doubt they have been listening