Doctor Aphra Legacy Event

rbdadk6l2peq.jpg

Has this been announced or did it accidentally slip in todays update? I was doing the Triple Z and BT event where they mention Aphra and I was like ooo I wonder if this will be the next legacy character like Starkiller/Grand Inquistor....I just happened to check the solo journey guide and I see this.

Replies

• Options
    Was announced before Hondo arrived.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Weird I usually follow all the dev announcements through discord bot, I never saw this and I don't use the forums all that much, I did a search for Aphra and didn't see anything official. Could you link me the announcement? did they mention her kit at all?
  • Options
    I don't remember any official announcement about this either
  • Options
    It was announced as part of the Hondo puzzle. It was the second portion.
  • Options
    Elidion wrote: »

Weird I usually follow all the dev announcements through discord bot, I never saw this and I don't use the forums all that much, I did a search for Aphra and didn't see anything official. Could you link me the announcement? did they mention her kit at all?

Was a puzzle like we used to get. People were trying to figure it out.

Here is when it was solve:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmVrwMoEcM&t=10s
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Elidion wrote: »

Was a puzzle like we used to get. People were trying to figure it out.

Here is when it was solve:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgmVrwMoEcM&t=10s

That didn't say anything about the droida being required
  • Options
    I'm not looking forward to this one. This is such a weird niche character. Okay, as a marquee event sure, but as a legendary unlock? Presumably close to Starkiller in power, given the similarity of requirements, I think it's a bit much. There's plenty of other mainstream, popular, powerful characters out there. This is as memeable as geonosians being a solid team and Jawas being useable at all.
  • Options
    Jacgul wrote: »
    I'm not looking forward to this one. This is such a weird niche character. Okay, as a marquee event sure, but as a legendary unlock? Presumably close to Starkiller in power, given the similarity of requirements, I think it's a bit much. There's plenty of other mainstream, popular, powerful characters out there. This is as memeable as geonosians being a solid team and Jawas being useable at all.

It's funny i've been hoping for Aphra, Triple Zero and BT1 since I started playing in 2017, I actually started playing Star Wars Force Arena before I got into this and she was a playable hero there. When I discovered this game I figured she would be here in time...not 5 years later tho lol. Not sure why it would be memable, she is the most popular new character from the comics. She is the lead in her own comic run where she's basically the female space indiana jones and it's pretty good. She's a survivor, manipulated Darth Vader, Saved Luke Skywalkers life among many other accomplishments. Just because she is from the (Canon) comics and not from a show or movie doesn't mean she isn't a legit character. That all said, now that I know she's coming, I wonder if the next character will be Sana Starros.
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options

This game isn't a power levels game, its ok to have Jabba stronger than Rey or Jedi Master Luke although in reality he is no where close to them in terms of power

To make the game interesting and fun, and diverse, you need lots of characters in similar power levels, and I don't see the issue with Aphra being a JG toon because of her popularity and success in a medium that you aren't familiar with or enjoy
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options

There's plenty of other past releases that could have fit the label "weird niche character". It's just part of the game. Even including Legendaries. Take Thrawn, for example. If one hadn't been aware of his presence in books and other various EU media he would have seemed like some random blue Imperial guy that had just showed up in season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. Even Starkiller himself being a "Legendary-plus", or however we want to label him, might seem weird and niche to someone unfamiliar with The Force Awakens. Or take a toon like Talia - a background/side character Nightsister who didn't even have any lines in the few episodes of TCW she showed up in - being one of the first characters all players got among their starting toons for almost the entire life of the game (from like 2015-2021). Or Eeth Koth being among the first generation of releases, years before we got things like R2, 3po, Chewbacca, etc. Or Pao and Bistan, one of whom literally has one single line in Rogue One, and the other getting like 2 seconds of screen time as he fires a gun.

Plenty of us are big SW comics fans and have been hoping/clamoring for Aphra and her related characters for ages now. She's definitely more than just something memeable. Personally, she's way more relevant to me as a Star Wars than Revan or any of the other KOTOR toons because I never played those particular games. Being from an entirely different era than the ~75 year period that the bulk of the rest of the toons represent, the OR stuff can feel a little out of place and hard for me to get a handle on. But still, I never whined about any of that and I've enjoyed playing with them regardless. And I'm not going to gatekeep other fans who WERE super excited to see KOTOR content.
  • Options

Ok? This is part of the game. According to journey guide, the grand inquisitor is more powerful than palpatine, the mandalorian is more powerful than yoda, and C-3PO is more powerful than commander luke skywalker.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

This game isn't a power levels game, its ok to have Jabba stronger than Rey or Jedi Master Luke although in reality he is no where close to them in terms of power

To make the game interesting and fun, and diverse, you need lots of characters in similar power levels, and I don't see the issue with Aphra being a JG toon because of her popularity and success in a medium that you aren't familiar with or enjoy

Oh please. Their Jedi mind tricks only work on weak-minded fools. What would they do vs Jabba, bargain with him??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    I mean all jabba could do would be sit on them (dang they shoulda made that his ultimate; instant kill and fear in all enemies)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    69thdoge wrote: »

Ok? This is part of the game. According to journey guide, the grand inquisitor is more powerful than palpatine, the mandalorian is more powerful than yoda, and C-3PO is more powerful than commander luke skywalker.

Well 3po was alive when Yoda was and was still alive after Luke died. Perhaps you doubt the power of the Golden God a touch much.