1 small change needed for web store

I don’t wanna have to login every time I access the web store. At the very least make it so I don’t need a code everyday. Please Cg it’s very annoying

Replies

• Options
    Yeah....it's really kinda dumb to need to go through this logging in process every day.

Automate it....
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever used a web store for a game like this—do others need you to log in a bunch of times? Could it be an inherent vice of the system?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lumiya
    1556 posts Member
    Options
    As I stated in another thread, I understand the dislike but imho it's good they have this method because it is at least safe(er).
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    The fact that it disrupts your GoH session is a far more irritating than the 2FA. I get that they're doing this to get around the store policies, but it should be able to send you mail without causing a client restart.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever used a web store for a game like this—do others need you to log in a bunch of times? Could it be an inherent vice of the system?

Typically u only login once a month or less
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    The fact that it disrupts your GoH session is a far more irritating than the 2FA. I get that they're doing this to get around the store policies, but it should be able to send you mail without causing a client restart.

2fa is worse, I’ve got to wait for an email. At least with game restart It’s only a few seconds
  • Options
    I stopped bothering after 2 days of the trial because of having to get a code every day. I am happy to live without those daily rewards
    797-722-718
  • Options
    why can't they connect the 2FA to the regular EA account where you can use Google Authenticator?

or even better, allow it to be a text message as an option so we don't have to navigate away from the screen, or allow an authenticator that uses push notifications.

it's honestly bizarre that each time you log in to this store, it treats you like you're doing it for the very first time and you're setting up the connection in the first place. it should just be part of the EA account store and login process.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGrff wrote: »

2fa is worse, I’ve got to wait for an email. At least with game restart It’s only a few seconds

Yes, it's a hassle, but at least 2FA serves a purpose. The client restart is just sloppy coding. We get inbox rewards all the time without being forcibly logged out. It shouldn't be necessary, and is hopefully just a beta thing.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

Yes, it's a hassle, but at least 2FA serves a purpose. The client restart is just sloppy coding. We get inbox rewards all the time without being forcibly logged out. It shouldn't be necessary, and is hopefully just a beta thing.

It's not really sloppy coding. They are creating a new game session, because they are pulling your crystal and ally token counts, and if you buy something with either they take those away. I'm sure they could code around that, but why would they when they already have these things in place? Easiest way is to just log in to the game, which needs to cause any other active sessions to exit.
  • Options

Email gets waaaay faster than what it takes the client to restart lol
  • Options
    I don't even get the codes on my e-mail account. Tried several times and I get nothing, even in spam.
  • Options
    I don't even get the codes on my e-mail account. Tried several times and I get nothing, even in spam.

Yeah It doesn't send me an email code either. I have reached out and haven't heard anything from them
  • Options

Yeah It doesn't send me an email code either. I have reached out and haven't heard anything from them

Now I got it... they want you to select the spam adds beneath the field where you enter your e-mail address :/ then it works.
  • Options
    All they need to do is implement remember current device and only ask for code again if using another device.
  • Options
    So “daily” means something else for cg…?
  • Options
    I don’t wanna have to login every time I access the web store. At the very least make it so I don’t need a code everyday. Please Cg it’s very annoying

Ironically they’re coping other games that do it better. Marvel Strike Force you can simply link your Facebook and it’s a click away to log in. They also do their free deals better too with a unique additional incentive that when you purchase something it helps you unlock other rewards.

I just find it interesting that they’ve pushed this through without any consideration to make it more competitive or just generally superior.
  • Options
    We don't need a code sent to my email every time, then wait and hope you receive the code. Needs a better system. All for 2 factor but everytime is a bit much.