Best leader for this team...Datcha/Jawa

DanP91
27 posts Member
edited March 2016
I have my 4 roll players but I need a character to plug in as leader for Arena.

Datcha 7* gear9
Jawa 7* gear8 (one from 9)
Poggle 5* gear8
IG86 7* gear8

My leader options are:
Sid - crit chance/dmg
Boba - higher crit dmg, and aoe ability block
Phasma - really for advantage and slow

I was farming Boba originally for this roll for ability block on heals, but thought he might be too slow now.

If you can think of other options feel free to share. I'm FTP and on an early December server and just wanted to have a change of pace team. Thanks in advance
Post edited by DanP91 on

Replies

• Options
    I would go phasma, as I think her slow goes well with Jawa's attack and TM gain really comes in handy; the only problem is that it can interfere with poggle's farming in the GW. Alternatively, Sid could also be good, or Dooku if you have him.

I was thinking going for Datcha and Jawa, how do you like them at 7 stars?
  • DanP91
    27 posts Member
    Options
    If an enemy has a debuff, jawa hits like a truck. But datcha's 40% chance to stealth for 2 turns has made him much more viable in any situation over jawa. They are fun to use, but jawa is not a good as datcha.

I have Sid maxed, phasma at 6* 8gear, and Boba 4* 8gear. I've plugged in both Sid and phasma and neither one gave me confidence even though I won. I was hoping Boba would change things, but he needs more stars to feel viable.

Poggle at 5* with Max gear is very good for now while I finish phasma.

I'm starting to think I may need to change the team composition entirely. I was using phasma(L), poggle, ig86, datcha, lum and it seemed like a stronger team. The speed lined up perfectly to have lum put up her heal in the first turn after everyone went. Got to rank 160 with this, but once I got jawa to 7* I wanted to put him in the lineup. Might not work out though lol
  • Options
    I see, I'll go for Datcha and Jawa after GS, hoping for some new jawas synergies in the future.

About your team:
    -I have IG-86 at 7* as well, but I don't like him that much, also droids seem to be running out of favor. But he works nicely with Poggle so I'd let him stay, I'd add another heavy hitter in case he gets killed before he can dps

-Boba is nice but currently he's too slow to take advantage of his ability block, since he'll likely go last and the AI will have used them already; he's also a pain to farm. He might get better in the future though.

-I think you current team looks solid, I'm just worried Datcha can't deal enough damage in case IG-86 dies. Poggle buff makes everyone hit hard so it might work. I wouldn't rule out Sid though
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    I would say

Sid
    Dathcha
    Jawa
    Poggle

Farm jawa on hard nodes, dathcha in cantina, finish up poggle in GW then switch to dathcha then switch to jawa in cantina. But that's a solid aoe team and 86 can wipe the strongest when he comes around. That's my opinion.

I run a similar aoe team in GW Sid dathcha jawa Poe Poggle to deal with droid teams. Also for Barriss lead I drop Poe for 86 switch Poggle to lead and drop Sid for GS. Gets two heavies with aoe behind to finish the job.
  • DanP91
    27 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an update after some testing.

Sid (L)- crit dmg buff just isn't big enough to kill enemies with aoe. Couldn't do enough dmg with jawa and Datcha.
    Boba(L)- he is just to slow to be a factor and again no protection for my team
    Phasma (L)- turn meter helped, but again could not out last the opponent to win

BUT....used Lum(L) 7* gear 8 and I have not lost yet on offense and haven't seemed to be targeted on defense. Her heal on her first turn is the most important to this team even if no one needs it. Usually she's blocked the second time around. Jawa has 25% TM whenever he evades and Lum bumps his chance along with Datcha as teammate. Jawa also has high potency so he doesn't get resisted often.

So far this seems to be the only combo I have that works with Jawa/Datcha pairing. Not sure how they'd do with a tank, but for now I am happy to have a little confidence using this lineup I'm the top 200 on a very deep server.

Lum(L)
    Jawa
    Datcha
    Poggle
    IG86

Fun and competitive against most teams even if I don't win.
  • Options
    Get Dooku the jedi killer. His leader ability could keep you alive. Not to mention like you said team is slow so the early stun is good. Or phasma for the VM. Victory march > AoE
  • Options
    I think ig 88 would be interesting. Jawa does speed down and IG 88 gets an increase for negative effects plus the leader ability of crit%. Or with ig 88 on the team you could always make Poggle the lead