CG lacks creativity. This TB is a missed opportunity...

I just watched Ahnalt's video where he's talking about the new TB and in the background we see Crumb playing some of the new TB missions and I have to say I'm very disappointed.

All I saw was just basic characters with cracked HP pools. The combat missions looked very basic, like thanks for making us relic 9 a bunch of characters to fight a team full of stormtroopers or a team full of separatist droids...

In my opinion the new TB combat missions should be a lot more creative, instead of waves of basic enemies just like every other TB we already have, just with more damage and more HP.

Sure some of the waves make sense to be basic, but it should have more interesting battles. I feel like each combat mission should feel more like an event battle or a mini raid phase. Like for the example the Malak battle, it just feels different from the standard 5v5. Where are the turrets, where are the special units that give you buffs when you take them out, where are the different mechanics that make you think about how to approach the fight? What about a mini raid where we fight different bosses with massive HP like the HAAT and the whole guild has to post damage to take it out?

The gameplay I saw was far from exciting, I guess this TB is gonna be no different from the others, everyone will just look forward to the rewards rather than the event itself. The resources over the gameplay and that's not really a good thing.

Replies

• Options
    I just watched Ahnalt's video where he's talking about the new TB and in the background we see Crumb playing some of the new TB missions and I have to say I'm very disappointed.

All I saw was just basic characters with cracked HP pools. The combat missions looked very basic, like thanks for making us relic 9 a bunch of characters to fight a team full of stormtroopers or a team full of separatist droids...

In my opinion the new TB combat missions should be a lot more creative, instead of waves of basic enemies just like every other TB we already have, just with more damage and more HP.

Sure some of the waves make sense to be basic, but it should have more interesting battles. I feel like each combat mission should feel more like an event battle or a mini raid phase. Like for the example the Malak battle, it just feels different from the standard 5v5. Where are the turrets, where are the special units that give you buffs when you take them out, where are the different mechanics that make you think about how to approach the fight? What about a mini raid where we fight different bosses with massive HP like the HAAT and the whole guild has to post damage to take it out?

The gameplay I saw was far from exciting, I guess this TB is gonna be no different from the others, everyone will just look forward to the rewards rather than the event itself. The resources over the gameplay and that's not really a good thing.

I do think the showcase was very lackluster but then again you’re making assumptions that the whole TB is like P1. We will have to wait until the TB comes out to actually start judging it.
  • TVF
    36683 posts Member
    Options
    Waiting for information is not how the forums work.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Do you honestly think that the things I've described are going to be in the new TB? What is the probability they will have phases similar to how Malak event works, or the probably they will have a mini raid within a few of the phases where everyone's posting damage collectively to take down the mission? Or maybe some puzzle like the Rey/Ben swolo where you have to take down one unit to half HP before you kill another one? Or perhaps a phase where you have to do a certain amount of damage within a small window of time in order to progress to the next level? Or maybe a combat mission where you have to destroy the environment like a barrier or a blow up some terrain that collapses on top of the enemies and does damage and debuff them?

I think almost everything I mentioned isn't going to be in this TB and I blame the lack of creativity because if a guy like me can come up with these ideas in 10 minutes of brainstorming they should be able to come up with even better ideas when they have had months to prepare it. Instead all we've seen so far is 2 wave battles where you fight separatist droids, stormtroopers and geonosians
  • Options

Do you honestly think that the things I've described are going to be in the new TB? What is the probability they will have phases similar to how Malak event works, or the probably they will have a mini raid within a few of the phases where everyone's posting damage collectively to take down the mission? Or maybe some puzzle like the Rey/Ben swolo where you have to take down one unit to half HP before you kill another one? Or perhaps a phase where you have to do a certain amount of damage within a small window of time in order to progress to the next level? Or maybe a combat mission where you have to destroy the environment like a barrier or a blow up some terrain that collapses on top of the enemies and does damage and debuff them?

I think almost everything I mentioned isn't going to be in this TB and I blame the lack of creativity because if a guy like me can come up with these ideas in 10 minutes of brainstorming they should be able to come up with even better ideas when they have had months to prepare it. Instead all we've seen so far is 2 wave battles where you fight separatist droids, stormtroopers and geonosians
    If a guy like you can come up with ideas that are already in the game, and you seek credit for doing it, then the forums are alive and well.
  • Options

If a guy like you can come up with ideas that are already in the game, and you seek credit for doing it, then the forums are alive and well.

Not all of these ideas are in the game, also part of it is looking outside the box and going outside of a standard lane for an event and realizing that just because something is labeled as a TB it doesn't have to be like every other TB. Either way, my point still stands, from what we've seen it's just basic units that we're already familiar with and we've seen a million times. This means that the event is going to feel like a chore and people will be looking forward to the rewards more than the event itself. I guess time will tell, in a few years when people finally access the later phases (yeah it's a joke), we'll see how far their creative teams have gone with this TB.
  • scuba
    14102 posts Member
    Options
    It is tb, same thing that has been in the game for years, just with new requirements and rename to platoons.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    It is tb, same thing that has been in the game for years, just with new requirements and rename to platoons.

It's supposed to be the the best end game pve content and I'm just pointing out that they missed an opportunity to make it more fun and interesting instead of the same old basic squads we've each fought 10000 times
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    Options
    This mode should have been more or less a solo mode people can do over 30days. It’s not a group based endgame experience
  • Options
    you mean like the 1984 Atari game play they have snuck in with Dash running along a train top or rock-paper-scissors for a GL? CG - stick to what you know a 1 or more toons standing across from a few more or the same amount duking it out based on speed then some other factors the average player does not think about.
  • Options
    I, for one, welcome the return of Droideka.

Bravo!
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

It's TB without a Reek or an Acklay or anything that feels a little different from the usual squad and fleet combat. Having played a couple of missions (one of which was bugged), it feels the same as all recent game modes with modifiers. GC, Conquest, everything churned out by their new content creation tool.
  • Options

Well, Ahnald also said that he believes the game is in "maintenance mode" and I am more and more convinced of this every day. So, I wouldn't expect anything other than rewashed content with nothing more than more toons coming. They designed this TB to be very long-term...conquest takes very little effort to change up, GAC/TW is self-running...DC's are easy and now last four months...no new raids...no sandbox...no battle with your friends....there are like 3 or 4 people left working on this game at this point. So now it's a choice to stay for the character collection or leave because there really is nothing fresh.
  • Drathuk916
    639 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Delete wrong thread
    Post edited by Drathuk916 on