Increase the font size on TB screen or enable zoom in

The new look of the TB is fine, but the font sizes are too small. This is unfortunately a long-standing process, that CG constantly reduces the size of the fonts in several places. You are maybe playing or testing on big monitors, but most of us use mobile phones. There is a huge difference between the two in terms of visibility of dimensions.
So please, increase the font size on TB screen or enable zoom in all area of the game.
Thx!

Replies

• Options
    Umm… i’m not trying to be mean, but you may need to get your eyes checked.
  • Lumiya
    1518 posts Member
    Options
    Umm… i’m not trying to be mean, but you may need to get your eyes checked.

Maybe it works differently on different devices.

It is fine for me on my phone.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Olderaan
    184 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Look, I am a relatively older guy (was born when the first Star Wars movie released). My eyes are still pretty good, I can read the all the game text, but not comfortably. Some of the text font sizes are too small or narrow (of course, depends on the size of the device/screen), and I don't think I am the only one who has this issue. A zoom option would be useful.

5qd7x3ast8at.jpg

vd7qwq0j9kk6.jpg
  • Options
    Just try to stand about 1-1.5 meters away from the photos above and read the circled parts. Maybe then you will understand what I am talking about, then you will see what I see on my phone. I could put the phone in front of my face, but for obvious reasons I don't want to look too closely at the screen all the time.
    In summary, I think it's a small problem that CG could fix somehow if they wanted to.
  • Options
    I think most people play on a mobile tablet so don't have that issue or a computer emulator.
  • Options
    I think most people play on a mobile tablet so don't have that issue or a computer emulator.

Maybe you are right, I don't know how many people play this game in mobile phones. So, I didn't say it's everybody's problem, I said it's my problem and maybe for some others.
  • Options
    The UI is really poorly designed for accessibility in general. Font sizes too small / opacity too low / color choices etc. As a blind person, I agree with the post.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    I think most people play on a mobile tablet

Oh really
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    OP I'm older than you and have no issues on my phone.
  • Options
    Some phones have bigger screens than others
  • Options
    My phone has a zoom feature.
  • Options

I wish that were true, as I like my tablet, (new Samsung in 2019). However, it crashes if I try to play anything where I am fighting, or even if I level up more than 10 mods. No, I am playing on my much smaller phone.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    I agree, i play on an older iphone (7) and the text and graphics are tough for the eyes
  • Options
    agreed with OP, also of an age group that watched the originals in drive-ins
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    agreed with OP, also of an age group that watched the originals in drive-ins

And my GF thinks that it's just kids playing, lol. I saw the movie in a theater first time 'round.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Options
    Meanwhile i saw rise of skywalker in the movies the first time around (skull emoji)
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    Some phones have bigger screens than others

I have a Galaxy S9. It's not that big.
  • Options
    My main is on an ipod touch :D
  • Options
    The old “I don’t have this problem so it must not be a problem” argument. Some text in this game is pretty tiny. I’m considerably younger than OP but still struggle to read if I’m not on my tablet. However, phone is more convenient most of the times and fine for battles so I’m usually on mobile. I have to resort to using built-in magnifier for small text that my 30-going-on-80 year old eyes can’t read.

I’m not sure exactly what their fix would be. They have to fit paragraphs of text into small 1”x1” boxes all over the screen.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Good to know.
    And I thought I was the oldest one here.
  • Options
    The old “I don’t have this problem so it must not be a problem” argument. Some text in this game is pretty tiny. I’m considerably younger than OP but still struggle to read if I’m not on my tablet. However, phone is more convenient most of the times and fine for battles so I’m usually on mobile. I have to resort to using built-in magnifier for small text that my 30-going-on-80 year old eyes can’t read.

I’m not sure exactly what their fix would be. They have to fit paragraphs of text into small 1”x1” boxes all over the screen.

I think it just needs a little effort and not too much redesign.
    Step 1: testing the game on smaller devices.
    Step 2: review all the text and set a value so that none of it can go below a certain size.
    Step 3: where an increase in font size is required, check that it does not expand out of the box containing the text, and fix it if necessarry.
  • Options
    Sometimes more complex than that. It's often a choice between too small a font or too many scrolls.
  • TVF
    36658 posts Member
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

Good to know.

I'm not even the oldest in my guild.
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

Good to know.

I'm not even the oldest in my guild.

pedro-monkey-puppet.gif