Does every new character need to use 400+ kyros?

Notthatguyfrombefore
1089 posts Member
edited March 2023
As above. Obviously kyros are the new bottleneck, but does EVERY new character really need at least this many kyros to reach relic levels. It’s 4x the number needed for most older units and just feels excessive.

This is on top of most units having at least one zeta, and possibly an omicron too (looking at you new tuskens). Do all new units need to be this resource intensive?

I know they aren’t going to change anything for toons already released, but if half of the new toons planned only needed 300 kyros, or if the kyros needed could be in gear 11 so they limit at the same time as the shards for 7*, it might seem like less of a slap in the face every time a new toon comes out.

Even after spending all get2, get3 and GAC currency and doing up to 100crystal refreshes on kyro nodes it barely touches the side. Does the bottleneck need to be this thin?
Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg

Replies

• Fredy5
    328 posts Member
    Options
    May the greed be with you ...
    99% of the gears are useless and are here just to make you think you earned something trough the events ....
  • Options
    Short answer - apparently, yes
  • Options
    Some players have every character at relic 7 minimum... Either grind it out or open your wallet. Simple as that.

Be grateful they have made things easier in some other areas of the game
  • Options
    Some players have every character at relic 7 minimum... Either grind it out or open your wallet. Simple as that.

Be grateful they have made things easier in some other areas of the game

They should be grateful someone was wise enough to ease the crunch where they did or they risked losing players from burnout.
  • Options
    Oh I’m not expecting them to do anything, just venting frustration after unlocking Starkiller and realising he needs 400 kyros on top of those I wanted to use on the two new tuskens which look like fun. I am of course grateful for the ease on carbs which has made taking older toons to g12 considerably faster.

Bottlenecks just suck when you’re staring them in the face. I already have made the choice to not lead a charge for new Cal, and my inqs are woefully under-geared. This is about resource management after all. I would like to see those extra kyros moved to g10/11 though. It would be nice when gearing a toon, even a new one, to know you can get (close) to g11 and then you’ll be waiting there for shards anyway. At g11 most toons are usable at least in the GCs that are sure to follow.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    I think kyro valves are where they need to be. They too ease up after a while.
  • Options
    Great now that you let them know; I'll be expecting them to bump it up to 800 per new character moving forward...
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Great now that you let them know; I'll be expecting them to bump it up to 800 per new character moving forward...

Now that I thought about it, they can go as high as 1800 if all gear slots are just kyros from 8-11.
  • Options
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Now that I thought about it, they can go as high as 1800 if all gear slots are just kyros from 8-11.

Don’t spoil the next conquest character Kyro McKyroface
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Don’t spoil the next conquest character Kyro McKyroface

Well...they can even use g12 slots if they want xD (besides the finisher piece)
  • Options

When do they ease up? I'm at 9.6mil GP and I need hundreds right of each right now ...
  • Options

When do they ease up? I'm at 9.6mil GP and I need hundreds right of each right now ...

When you have every character reliced they ease up
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, you are pretty close to where it eases up. At 10.1 I basically have everything from back chasing, I'm piling up for everything new and revamped factions at the speed I can get shards anyway. But it's the g12+ pieces that's now bottlenecking me more. You can farm fleet only so much as f2p and these stuff aren't coming in as fast as kyros do. Anyway here's the bulk outlook of the situation for me. You shouldn't be that far off:

ilv6p3hrqy8w.png

So about 4k for the most needed and 2k for the other one left for me. This is quite towards the end and past the initial mountain of needs. You will keep needing them for a year to come or more, but at some point the balances of needs tips off towards other things (just like core gear is melting pretty fast for everyone rn). I'm still farming kyros from ls/ds, but half of the time I need to farm g12+s as well now.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, you are pretty close to where it eases up. At 10.1 I basically have everything from back chasing, I'm piling up for everything new and revamped factions at the speed I can get shards anyway. But it's the g12+ pieces that's now bottlenecking me more. You can farm fleet only so much as f2p and these stuff aren't coming in as fast as kyros do. Anyway here's the bulk outlook of the situation for me. You shouldn't be that far off:

ilv6p3hrqy8w.png

So about 4k for the most needed and 2k for the other one left for me. This is quite towards the end and past the initial mountain of needs. You will keep needing them for a year to come or more, but at some point the balances of needs tips off towards other things (just like core gear is melting pretty fast for everyone rn). I'm still farming kyros from ls/ds, but half of the time I need to farm g12+s as well now.

Or from the farming perspective, this is a moment I almost have no kyro stocks left. But checking rest of the table, I'm sure kyros won't be my main worry clearing it. They will auto-complete similar to core gear and certainly b4 g12+ needs.

1suwdybz0ns6.png
    4kz2l9cy0pvs.png
  • Options
    @MaruMaru how do you get that list of all gear needed? Is it a hotutils thing? Swgoh.gg just lists it by full gear pieces which is next to useless
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    @MaruMaru how do you get that list of all gear needed? Is it a hotutils thing? Swgoh.gg just lists it by full gear pieces which is next to useless

https://gear.swgohevents.com/

and hotutils free tier on the website usage.
  • Options
    Oh I’m not expecting them to do anything, just venting frustration after unlocking Starkiller and realising he needs 400 kyros on top of those I wanted to use on the two new tuskens which look like fun. I am of course grateful for the ease on carbs which has made taking older toons to g12 considerably faster.

Bottlenecks just suck when you’re staring them in the face. I already have made the choice to not lead a charge for new Cal, and my inqs are woefully under-geared. This is about resource management after all. I would like to see those extra kyros moved to g10/11 though. It would be nice when gearing a toon, even a new one, to know you can get (close) to g11 and then you’ll be waiting there for shards anyway. At g11 most toons are usable at least in the GCs that are sure to follow.
    As you seem to care about the resource management aspect of the game, let me give you a non-sollicited advice if you didn’t already unlocked every journey character: don’t gear up characters at all until you have them 7*. Your gear will have more impact being used on a character you can g12/13
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options

Starts to kind of ease up when you get here
    7bzy6wlm00e1.png
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Options
    Not every character require 400 kyro. Take a look at Reva 👍
  • Options
    Yeah, I've noticed an easing of my Kyro backlog. I'm at 9.7M.

Obviously I still need a lot, but there are no newer characters that I can't zoom to g12 the moment I have them at 7*, and the old ones don't need Kyros, so I bring them along at my leisure. For me the Kyro needs are balanced with other gear needs. Imperfectly but they're not that far off, and I have to have something to do with my crystals.

That said, I'm not so self-centred that I can't agree that there should be SOME newer characters released with lesser Kyro requirements. I wish that they had a couple Kyro-based pieces that only required 50 instead of 100 so that they could require 250, 300, 350, and 400 for different toons. Paying tons of Kyros for a toon like DBBoba is ... not worth it.

So, yeah, I'm making decent progress, but I still think that some easing toward g12 would be good and they can't do that by increasing Kyro rewards without messing up the economy long term. Requiring lesser Kyro investment for certain toons here and there would be like a Kyro boost, but without the long-term impact on the Kyro economy.
  • Options
    Bartek wrote: »

Holy *****! 700 kyros. No wonder she can take down GLs with that kind of gearing. 😱

• Options

I wish that they had a couple Kyro-based pieces that only required 50 instead of 100 so that they could require 250, 300, 350, and 400 for different toons. Paying tons of Kyros for a toon like DBBoba is ... not worth it.

It is nice to hear people saying that the crunch eases eventually. This above is the kind of thing I was talking about though. Sure characters like CK and the rest which will be needed for the new JG Cal you could accept needing 400 each. Same with the Inqs, they’re working towards something bigger, and there needs to be a gate to keep whales spending. I get why CG do it. But would it hurt them that much if the tuskens, or Zorii, only needed 300 kyros. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    U know what we need to ease our pain?

a kyropractor.

i’m sorry if you don’t speak english that probably didn’t make any sense.
    Bartek wrote: »

Holy *****! 700 kyros. No wonder she can take down GLs with that kind of gearing. 😱

• Options
    U know what we need to ease our pain?

a kyropractor.

i’m sorry if you don’t speak english that probably didn’t make any sense.

🤣
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Starts to kind of ease up when you get here
    7bzy6wlm00e1.png

Holy moly ... I'm 9.8M GP and have 43 toons below G12 (and 3 not unlocked). I would have thought that it would accumulate to more than the 430K ish GP you're ahead of me.