Old player coming back to game, where do I start with squad building?

gafss1
3 posts Member
edited April 2023
Sup everyone? I used to play swgoh A LOT back in the days but stopped playing back in 2019. because it became boring and 300$ invested in game could bypass two years of f2p grind.
Installed game again few days ago and can't get a grip of the game (what are all these relics, and datacrons).

So, I might need some help building squads and basically every advice is really welcome, my swgoh link is https://swgoh.gg/p/692176592/

God bless yall

[CM - Edited for profanity]
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd look at building up your CLS and Rebels initially. It's still an excellent squad. Another change to the game is a Conquest mode and CLS can do some work for you there.

I'd also bump up Padme and her Galactic Republic friends - she's also helpful for Conquest.

If you're thinking about going for a Galactic Legend then Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is a good place to start. You get two squads and some useful ships to work towards a First Order fleet.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Hi, I'd look at building up your CLS and Rebels initially. It's still an excellent squad. Another change to the game is a Conquest mode and CLS can do some work for you there.

I'd also bump up Padme and her Galactic Republic friends - she's also helpful for Conquest.

If you're thinking about going for a Galactic Legend then Supreme Leader Kylo Ren is a good place to start. You get two squads and some useful ships to work towards a First Order fleet.

Thank you very much for advice, I'll definitely write down these notes. As I have CLS in pretty good shape rn, I should keep building squad around him, but my grind towards SLKR might take a looong time. I also have decent geonosian squad (and fleet) and nightsisters squad, although Merrin might take a while to farm since she looks like really decent addition to the squad.
  • Options
    1) BHunters and their ships to finish off Chewie and get the MFalc. Look at Greef to boost up your BHs (he’s on nodes that give Rebel YWing and IG11 as extras).
    2) Chewpio….
    3) Padme
    4) Look at GAS requirements after this as you will have a lot of them already with the above and your GG team.

AND ships….you need better fleets to get crystals and compete in GAC
    1) Get in a guild that’s doing at least Geo TB to get GET1 currency for GAS and GET2 for Malevolence or Negotiator. If you go for Malevolence then you also need to farm Hyena and Vulture ships.
    2) Next best fleet is probably Empire with some of the Newer ships….not easy for you
    3) After this probably FOrder fleet with Tie Echelon
    4) Wildcard = H1 with Kyles new ship and this might fit BEST into what you have. It means you can use your Rebels with MM and CLS/AA. (See video below about Ravens Claw).

Obviously Executor and Profundity are the top tier but for now maybe look at H1 Rebels and getting Mal/Neg from GET2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGIbuMiI9uY
  • Shadowscream
    971 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Worth adding SLKR will also get you that FO fleet, just don’t forget to aim early for the Finaliser in that farm. People sometimes forget about his ship requirements. If you do aim at SLKR then also farm the Tie Echelon and Special Forces Tie Fighter to get the most from the fleet.

SUMMARY
    BHs —> 7 star Chewie + MFalc —> Chewpio farm = CLS team
    Padme team —> then look at GAS unlock. (He needs 501st clones to shine)
    First Order team + ships —> SLKR

SHIPS
    Better guild —> GET1 and GET2
    Pick Malevolence or Negotiator and farm it with GET2
    Meantime H1 Rebels + look at Kyle Katarn and his ship. Check out the video for how these seemingly poor Rebel characters are no longer poor. Boosted by Mon Mothma, Admiral Raddus and Admiral Ackbar (with his omicron).
  • gafss1
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Worth adding SLKR will also get you that FO fleet, just don’t forget to aim early for the Finaliser in that farm. People sometimes forget about his ship requirements. If you do aim at SLKR then also farm the Tie Echelon and Special Forces Tie Fighter to get the most from the fleet.

SUMMARY
    BHs —> 7 star Chewie + MFalc —> Chewpio farm = CLS team
    Padme team —> then look at GAS unlock. (He needs 501st clones to shine)
    First Order team + ships —> SLKR

SHIPS
    Better guild —> GET1 and GET2
    Pick Malevolence or Negotiator and farm it with GET2
    Meantime H1 Rebels + look at Kyle Katarn and his ship. Check out the video for how these seemingly poor Rebel characters are no longer poor. Boosted by Mon Mothma, Admiral Raddus and Admiral Ackbar (with his omicron).

I can't thank you enough man, you are GOAT.
    So I was lost af searching through my squads and trying to catch meta.

I had JKR squad, and nightsisters and geonosians, and they seem pretty meh atm. But still, all of them were very viable... in 2019 :smiley:
    I was wondering what do you think under padme squad, I have her unlocked but google gives different options, dunno if they're all viable tho

I'll take the notes, I basicaly know nothing about ships as I only farmed rebel ships back then and I should obviously keep doing it. My biggest problem for GAS unlock is that I don't have Anakin and his ship as second requirement, so that should take me some time to farm unfortunately...
    I'll have negotiator unlocked soon tho, and from there I can catch these google results. I was googling about swgoh for days but somehow it looks like everyone expects me to start at either 0 gp or 10m gp :smiley:
    Post edited by gafss1 on