Raid Blackout timing

CG has already said that the blackout will start on April 27th.

But when on April 27th? Given this is a global game, "April 27th" could mean anything within an almost 24 hour period from 0:00 just west of the international date line to 23:59 just east of it. Given typical event timing, the most likely would be 0:00 PDT, but it would be nice to have some confirmation.

Knowing when the blackout will begin will help guilds plan how to use whatever raid currency they have remaining and give everyone in the guild a chance to get some rewards before the week of no raids.

Replies

• Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Just use your raids asap before the 27th or as soon as you get them on 27th

What else planning is there to do
  • Options
    It would be nice to know. We'd like to launch raids early enough so everyone can join/participate but wait as long as possible to maximize tickets.

And our reset is in the US evening after 0:00 UTC. So if that is the cutoff, we'll miss out.

Ppint being is what I said originally "the 27th" is too vague given time zones. Would be nice if it could get narrowed down.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    edited April 2023
    Options
    CrysSyling wrote: »
    We'd like to launch raids early enough so everyone can join/participate but wait as long as possible to maximize tickets.

You should accept that its not the best approach to take on blackout day and its better that SOME members can participate and get rewards instead of none

Sucks for those who will miss out on it but it is what it is
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    You should accept that its not the best approach to take on blackout day and its better that SOME members can participate and get rewards instead of none

Sucks for those who will miss out on it but it is what it is

That’s not the best approach actually. The best approach is trying to maximize efficiency and fairness. Which we are not able to do without knowing the exact blackout start time. It’s not an unreasonable thing to ask.
  • Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is to put jelly on one slice first, then put peanut butter on the other slice second. Much easier to clean the jelly off so there's less jar contamination. It's not an unreasonable thing to ask.
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is to always cut the red wire wherever you see them. It's not an unreasonable thing to ask.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is a charge over the mine field under the cover of daylight. Its the last thing they will be expecting
  • TVF
    36762 posts Member
    Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is to take your IG-86 to R9.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Profit wrote: »
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is a charge over the mine field under the cover of daylight. Its the last thing they will be expecting

That's not the last thing they will be expecting actually. The last thing they will be expecting is a group of Spanish Inquisitors.
  • Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is always from the rear, under the cover of darkness. Always leverage the element of surprise.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is always from the rear, under the cover of darkness. Always leverage the element of surprise.

I'll try that next Valentines Day.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I'll try that next Valentines Day.

I was thinking the same thing ROFL! :D
  • Ultra
    11587 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is to take your IG-86 to R9.

a very unreasonable thing to ask!
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

a very unreasonable thing to ask!

And yet... here we are! :)
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Piatz1019 wrote: »
    That's not the best approach actually. The best approach is to put jelly on one slice first, then put peanut butter on the other slice second. Much easier to clean the jelly off so there's less jar contamination. It's not an unreasonable thing to ask.

This is not the best approach actually. It if far easier to lick the jelly off if you spread the peanut butter on each slice of bread.
  • Options
    CrysSyling wrote: »
    It would be nice to know. We'd like to launch raids early enough so everyone can join/participate but wait as long as possible to maximize tickets.

And our reset is in the US evening after 0:00 UTC. So if that is the cutoff, we'll miss out.

Ppint being is what I said originally "the 27th" is too vague given time zones. Would be nice if it could get narrowed down.

1) Obviously, no one knows. Probably not even the developers who would make the change knows at the moment. Keep your ears up for any update on reddit, discord, in-game, and on discord. Youtube may be good too.

2) Not a good idea to even risk 1 hour into April 27th. You kinda want to make sure it's at a healthy drop time where everyone can participate in the raids, so maybe 11:30 PM PST, since we know CG HQ is in California. Heck, even push 2 hours earlier if you want folks on Eastern time zone to make it too.

3) If somehow that pushes the join period into 4 hours or less, notify everyone. At worst, they miss out on rewards.