Update Reinforcement Priority if Using Sith Fighter in Starting Lineup

CG, I make a humble request, update the priority for reinforcement on the Tie Dagger (Dorito) to be equal to the sith fighter. This way you can use either in the starting line up and have mk VI reinforce 2nd. I prefer the bonuses from sith fighter in the starting line up. If you don't I'll be forced to use tie dagger.

Change:
Fixed an issue where Mark VI does not reinforce second, it will now reinforce in this order (Sith Fighter and/or Tie Dagger > Mark VI > Scimitar)

Replies

• Options
    It does seem like an odd way to fix a bug, by forcing everyone to use the same starting lineup or be subject to the bug anyway. I'm hoping this is just a temporary fix until they figure out how to fix it the right way
  • Options
    I think it's not really a bug, but how the reinforcement system is designed unfortunately. It'd require a massive overhaul to change it.

I don't love sith fighter's reinforcement bonus, it makes the ship weaker over the battle. I also prefer the extra bonuses it gives via unique ability from the start (foresight and TM gain)

But now that the mk 6 interceptor will reinforce first if sith fighter is in the starting line up, it won't snipe a ship and will die before getting enough stacks to snipe a ship on auto. It almost makes it better, if placing on defense, to not place it in the reinforcements.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    I think it's not really a bug, but how the reinforcement system is designed unfortunately. It'd require a massive overhaul to change it.

I don't love sith fighter's reinforcement bonus, it makes the ship weaker over the battle. I also prefer the extra bonuses it gives via unique ability from the start (foresight and TM gain)

But now that the mk 6 interceptor will reinforce first if sith fighter is in the starting line up, it won't snipe a ship and will die before getting enough stacks to snipe a ship on auto. It almost makes it better, if placing on defense, to not place it in the reinforcements.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the TM gain useless against Prof anyways?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »

You are not wrong, but sith fighter helps against other fleets that don't prevent TM gain. And against profundity, the foresight becomes increasingly annoying because you miss more frequently which slows down your download progress.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

You are not wrong, but sith fighter helps against other fleets that don't prevent TM gain. And against profundity, the foresight becomes increasingly annoying because you miss more frequently which slows down your download progress.

Fair.... I mean, I don't mind running Dagger, but they should really just hard code MK VI to come out second anyways....
  • Options
    Fair.... I mean, I don't mind running Dagger, but they should really just hard code MK VI to come out second anyways....

Yeah, my main point is more about trying to give me the freedom to do that if I want to. I'm sure I'm not alone either.
  • Options

This. Regardless of what ships we use (maybe I want to run it with Lando's ****....j/k) MK VI should just always reinforce second. I'm not sure why thats difficult for CG to do
  • Options
    Thanks CG for censoring the shorthand for "Millennium Falcon" lol. They can do that, so please actually fix MK VI/Levi
  • Enigmatic_Potato
    796 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Sith Fighter starting is more for the mirror.

I doubt they'll change the reinforcement priority again. You'd be better off finding another ship that has a higher reinforcement priority.

From memory, Palp's shuttle will come out before mk6. It might need to be placed first in the reinforcements though.
  • Options

I doubt they'll change the reinforcement priority again. You'd be better off finding another ship that has a higher reinforcement priority.

From memory, Palp's shuttle will come out before mk6. It might need to be placed first in the reinforcements though.

It's not only "more for the mirror" there are other benefits. And I don't want to use palp's shuttle with the fleet if I'm placing it on defense.
  • Options

that's not acceptable. do other capital ships have a forced lineup to use or you're affected by a bug? I don't want to use palps shuttle, and we shouldn't be forced to use any specific ships
  • Options
    CrispyFett wrote: »

that's not acceptable. do other capital ships have a forced lineup to use or you're affected by a bug? I don't want to use palps shuttle, and we shouldn't be forced to use any specific ships

Exactly this. CG completely botched this release. I don’t think I’ve seen a release as bad as this since I’ve played this game. I’ve played since day 1 mind you and I really think this one takes the crown. It has fundamental flaws that need to be addressed if they are going to stand by their statement of it “profoundly executing” fleets and creating “a Capital Ship that’d surpass them” (the executor and profundity). As it stands, at 7 star it barely breaks even with executor and profundity. I have yet to see it actually “surpass” them both in terms of being the “best if the best”.
  • Options

It's not a bug. Manipulating the reinforcement priority is something that exists in some way for basically every fleet.

It's why you only really use 2 reinforcements on defense.

Like deliberately not putting a tank reinforcement for Nego to try and increase the chances for the AI to call Plo first.
  • CrispyFett
    974 posts Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

It's not a bug. Manipulating the reinforcement priority is something that exists in some way for basically every fleet.

Like deliberately not putting a tank reinforcement for Nego to try and increase the chances for the AI to call Plo first.

it was a bug. CG acknowledged it was a bug. it was listed in the developer tracker. a fix was created, and hotfix implemented. just not properly
  • Options

I used SF against Prof 3 timed (by forgetting to change team after mirror matches) and that ship is first to die. I never had Dorito dying, but SF is dead before 1st reinforcement...
    Is it really slowing something on defence? 🤔
    (I haven't noticed any changes in how far I dropped with different starting teams)
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Options

Mark VI doesn't die after Sabotage the Hangars when an enemy reinforces with it.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Is there an accurate list of relative reinforcement priorities for all ships out there somewhere over the rainbow that can be shared?

• Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Is there an accurate list of relative reinforcement priorities for all ships out there somewhere over the rainbow that can be shared?

There is.

uc842pl6h3me.jpg
  • rokota
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Ratinira wrote: »

I used SF against Prof 3 timed (by forgetting to change team after mirror matches) and that ship is first to die. I never had Dorito dying, but SF is dead before 1st reinforcement...
    Is it really slowing something on defence? 🤔
    (I haven't noticed any changes in how far I dropped with different starting teams)

Using SF vs Prof is really easy without having the ship destroyed if you

- just use basics with SF
    - with Fury use 2nd special first
    - mark B28 both times when sabotage hangars (first) and engines (second)
    - call Darth Mauls ship first and stealth everyone except B28
    - call MK6 second and instakill Y with basic

Everyone will survive, you don't need Tie Bomber to prevent assists, but until the reinforcement order is fixed, your fleet struggles more than necessary on defense :/

• KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Or you know just go back to left to right reinforcement calling....
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    That would be nice…
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    Tiig wrote: »

Mark VI doesn't die after Sabotage the Hangars when an enemy reinforces with it.

That's because it's immune, read the kit......