Conquest feedback - Data discs need some predictability

Just finishing last node on hard conquest today. I follow only the challenge path so I can see every disc option. This conquest has been horrendous for offering me the same discs over and over again. Constant useless choices because I have enough of those discs.

Personally I run VA discs. I’ve had 1 white one and now today on the final disc choice of sector 5 I have a blue one.

This means for me I’ve had to adjust my strategy on discs for the entire conquest which is annoying but manageable however for someone without my roster depth this could be a big problem.

RNG is a big part of this game but for important things such as your data discs there should be some predictability so all disc options are offered and not just duplicates of the same one. Players shouldn’t be stuck on conquest because of bad luck, instead it should based on their roster/mods/ knowledge team mechanics and how these work with discs.

There’s enough nodes on the challenge track to offer all options in the first 3 sectors.

Replies

• Options
    Nah.

If you rely on certain data disks to finish, perhaps you don't deserve to finish every time.
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options
    Nah.

If you rely on certain data disks to finish, perhaps you don't deserve to finish every time.

What kind of comment is this?! This is wrong on so many levels!
    We know very well that certain cheeses for example "need" a certain disk setup to work.
    Also, not everyone is an end game player that they can fly through without any special disk combos.

Just read through the forums and see how often people talk about having the right combos/disks is important.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Conquest is not made for cheeses, its made for roster variety.

Thats exactly why they took deployable cooling systems
  • Lumiya
    1504 posts Member
    Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Conquest is not made for cheeses, its made for roster variety.

Thats exactly why they took deployable cooling systems

Sure... variety... let's call it that...
    Sorry, yes they made it with that statement but Conquest is not about variety (anymore) but very specific (new) toons or factions. It's the opposite of variety. Feats that can be done with only 1 or 2 toons because they are the only ones with the requested ability? Not variety. Feats that want specific characters to survive? Not variety... I could go on and we would still sit here tomorrow.
    But just to make it short... let's agree to disagree because it doesn't change the fact that the commenter I answered to sounded very condecending towards OP and that the forums are full with comments about how people tell other players that they need certain disks and that if these players don't have them it is the reason why they fail or have a hard time. Let's not forget the comments where people say which disks they use and how easy they come through Conquest with it and how easy it is to cheese some feats with the right disks whenever someone mentions how ridiculous or hard they find certain feats. Say what you want, disks are an important factor.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    I wasn't intentionally condescending.

I was merely suggesting that some players shouldn't be able to complete the conquest, based on their disks and rosters.

People are entitled to think thar they deserve top rewards without investment.

Conquest is the game mode for people who can tackle different problems based on their roster. If you don't have a full roster (I don't btw), there may be tasks you can't complete, and rightfully so.

If you're lucky to get disks that make it possible, even with an inferior roster, that's fine, but I wouldn't say you deserve it.
  • Options
    Yeah my suggestion above is for all the newer players. The disc choices make a massive difference and currently the challenge path doesn’t really rewards players for going that way when that could easily serve as the route players can take to get the discs they need.

They release the discs information to allow players to plan their conquest and when you have discs that don’t appear it seems a bit silly to me when another disc appears a bunch of times. Another personal example is Volutary vanguard, I got 0 last conquest and about 8-10 to pick from this conquest. The RNG just need a tweak. Again this didn’t set me back much but I’m sure 4-6mil players it might have when farming certain feats.

I’ve just about finished my conquest today, 4 malgus battles and I’m done so this feedback isnt for me as I said, it’s just for other newer players since CG ask for how to improve it and this is my suggestion.

I personally think we shouldn’t be in a place where player A and player B have vastly different conquest experiences just based on the discs they get.