Is it possible to retrieve an old account?

Up until a year ago I used to play Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes a lot but due to some issues I had to delete my old Google account and therefore my Google Play account which was linked to the game on my Android phone. I began playing the game again a few days ago and I've attempted to talk to EA/Capital Games about getting my old account back.
They asked for my Player ID, Ally Code and Mayhem ID. I gave them all the information they required but the answer I got was that since my account was linked to Google Play and that account is deleted, my save file is gone forever.
But my old Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes was and still is linked to my swgoh.gg profile so why can't EA/Capital Games ask the people behind that website for help?
Besides, when I checked my profile on swgoh.gg it said that it has been updated (synchronized) a day ago. How can the website synchronize an account if it is permanently deleted as EA/Capital Games claim it to be? That doesn't make any sense to me at least.
I would love to get my old account back and any tips on how to get it back will be appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    was it connected to facebook?
    or to the webstore?
  • Options
    or to the webstore?

It was connected to Google Play, Facebook and swgoh.gg. I've lost Google Play and Facebook but my swgoh.gg is still up and running.
  • Options
    Fiskaren95 wrote: »
    or to the webstore?

It was connected to Google Play, Facebook and swgoh.gg. I've lost Google Play and Facebook but my swgoh.gg is still up and running.

swgoh.gg is useless for recovery unfortunally.

you sure you didnt connected to webstore?
  • Options
    This person was able to recover a deleted account. Hope this helps!

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2417037#Comment_2417037
  • Options
    or to the webstore?

swgoh.gg is useless for recovery unfortunally.

you sure you didnt connected to webstore?

Yes I am 100% sure. I only linked it to my Google Play, Facebook and swgoh.gg.
  • Fiskaren95
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    KDC99X wrote: »

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2417037#Comment_2417037

Thank you. I will try to convince the EA Help with the method mentioned in that thread. They keep on asking me the same questions, "What is your Player ID?" and so on. When they were able to retrieve an account linked to Google Play, they should be able to retrieve one linked to swgoh.gg.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

Thank you. I will try to convince the EA Help with the method mentioned in that thread. They keep on asking me the same questions, "What is your Player ID?" and so on. When they were able to retrieve an account linked to Google Play, they should be able to retrieve one linked to swgoh.gg.

No they shouldn't.

SWGOH.GG is not affiliated with EA, EA Capital Games, Disney or Lucasfilm LTD.

swgoh.gg is a player created and run site.
    Your "link" to swgoh.gg means nothing to EA/CG
  • Options
    I know they are not affiliated with any of them (I did mention in my original post that EA/Capital Games should ask them, referring to the fact that they are not affiliated) but when my profile in the game is still viewable I think it is possible.
    If it said "error", "profile deleted" or something similar when someone checks it I would accept it was gone forever. I asked a friend of mine to check if he saw it in the game yesterday and he did. He was able to click on my profile and look through my characters there so it is still there!
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

No they shouldn't.

I know they are not affiliated with any of them (I did mention in my original post that EA/Capital Games should ask them, referring to the fact that they are not affiliated) but when my profile in the game is still viewable I think it is possible.
    If it said "error", "profile deleted" or something similar when someone checks it I would accept it was gone forever. I asked a friend of mine to check if he saw it in the game yesterday and he did. He was able to click on my profile and look through my characters there so it is still there!
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

No they shouldn't.

No of that has anything to do with swgoh.gg though.
    The website does the same thing that your friend did. It looks in the game to see accounts.
    EA/CG help won't use someone else's website (swgoh.gg) to recover your account.

Anyone can link a playerId to a swgoh.gg account, at least in the past, as long as it wasn't already linked to someone. Same thing my bot allows. So it doesn't prove you own it.

There are a bunch of third party tools that can be linked to your game account and see your playerId.

I have not doubt your account still exists, they all still exist just the link between the game account and Android/iOS device goes away or gets broken.

You can see your playerid if you still have access to your swgoh.gg account, settings & sync will show it.

IMO though knowing playerId is not helpful anyway because many people can get any playerId for any allyCode.

Tldr;
    I have no doubts that EA/CG can see your account exists. The issue or problem is most likely proving that you are the account owner. A 3rd party website, that they do not control, is not going to help with that.
  • Options

No they shouldn't.

The website does the same thing that your friend did. It looks in the game to see accounts.

Anyone can link a playerId to a swgoh.gg account, at least in the past, as long as it wasn't already linked to someone. Same thing my bot allows. So it doesn't prove you own it.

There are a bunch of third party tools that can be linked to your game account and see your playerId.

I have not doubt your account still exists, they all still exist just the link between the game account and Android/iOS device goes away or gets broken.

You can see your playerid if you still have access to your swgoh.gg account, settings & sync will show it.

IMO though knowing playerId is not helpful anyway because many people can get any playerId for any allyCode.

Tldr;
    I have no doubts that EA/CG can see your account exists. The issue or problem is most likely proving that you are the account owner. A 3rd party website, that they do not control, is not going to help with that.

I just pray I will get it back.
  • scuba
    14066 posts Member
    Options

No they shouldn't.

Tldr;

Good luck
  • Options

No they shouldn't.

Tldr;

Good luck

Thank you.