Lightspeed bundles suck

I’m not in anyway on the absolute worst end of the stick here, however I have both SLKR and Rey R8 so all this hype has no effect on me, so now a new player can be at my level which has taken years to get to in a day. Surely these new packs should at least grant some of the relic mats used for these characters back to keep existing players onside? I woke up this morning and felt like deleting the game as it was a major kick in the teeth. Hopefully there might be some more beneficial bundles out soon but who knows idk how many people are also in this position.

Replies

• Options
    Emac wrote: »
    I’m not in anyway on the absolute worst end of the stick here, however I have both SLKR and Rey R8 so all this hype has no effect on me, so now a new player can be at my level which has taken years to get to in a day. Surely these new packs should at least grant some of the relic mats used for these characters back to keep existing players onside? I woke up this morning and felt like deleting the game as it was a major kick in the teeth. Hopefully there might be some more beneficial bundles out soon but who knows idk how many people are also in this position.

You are right, kind of. You are free to feel like you got the short end of the stick but this is the first wave of the lightspeed bundles. If they do well and considering what i see from casual players, they will do great, other gls and legendaries will also find their way in to these packs.your day will come too.
  • Options
    How's your mods? How long did it take to cultivate those mods?
    How do you think the mods are on the accounts that are starting and buying these kits?

They'll have the GL's, they won't have the Zetas for quite a while, nor the mods to beat you.
    You HAVE to have catch up mechanics. Trying to recruit in a high end guild is quite difficult right now. The game needs fresh players and if you expect it to take them 7 years to accomplish what you have if you started Day 1, there's a near 0% chance the game will survive. That would hurt my teeth a lot more.
  • Options
    Today is the day I lost my F2P tag...Oh well. I feel good saving a boat load of time for a minimal cost. However, I do feel bad for the individuals who put in the grind for these units for free. I would be upset too. At the end of the day. Everyone is going to get it as they continue to make packs like these.
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    edited October 2023
    Options

there are other packs in the store for people like you that care about r8 and r9

You lived through the hyperdrive bundle, you will live through this one too
  • Options
    They do suck, I’m annoyed that I got them and have to zeta them up. /s

More of this please CG.
  • Options
    I'm going to have to diasagree, if you got Rey/ SLKR (what 2/3 years ago?) then you've benefitted from her in Raids, TBs and Conquest etc so the payback is quite high in terms of crystals and rewards in game. I left Rey behind as each new GL got released, I chased the new ones - I was always a year behind and that suited me to benefit from the accelerated drop rates for toons. Rey just never interested me until today - for $20 I went from 4/14 to 12/14 toons and only need to R7 Rey scav and BB8 - one week max and I'm farming LS tix for Rey and 7/8 GLs done.

So thank you GL - we'll forgive your errors of judgment in conquest...well maybe
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    I think they're kind of awesome. I'm at 10.9M GP and bought the Raddus one because my Carth, T3 and Lando were all still g12. Straight to r5 for them (and r3 to r5 for RP) was easily worth it. And then I took Lando to r6 so next time I can do that Combat Mission.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I think they're kind of awesome. I'm at 10.9M GP and bought the Raddus one because my Carth, T3 and Lando were all still g12. Straight to r5 for them (and r3 to r5 for RP) was easily worth it. And then I took Lando to r6 so next time I can do that Combat Mission.

I'm in the same boat almost exactly (would also get my L3 to R5). 5 relic levels for $5 per toon.... I'm tempted, but still so angry about Scamquest that I don't want to give CG any of my money.
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options

Feel the same bro I have Rey, SLKR and SK at R8 where is the £10 pack for us that contains the gear and relic mats that are the equivalent to what you get in those cheat packs ?
  • Options
    The packs are fantastic. I own SKLR and was halfway to SK. I bought the Ray packs to get access to a GL I never planned to get. Still farming SK. Fantastic investment. Super stoked for the game today. There are a ton of packs I never buy and as with those I do not feel these are kick in the teeth to anyone. As always we have a choice to buy or not to buy.
  • Ultra
    11548 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tattz wrote: »

Feel the same bro I have Rey, SLKR and SK at R8 where is the £10 pack for us that contains the gear and relic mats that are the equivalent to what you get in those cheat packs ?

cheat packs lol
  • Tattz
    192 posts Member
    Options
    True story
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options

I would have paid quite a bit more money if it was all those characters to r8. But these packs just aren't for you, so just ignore them and move on with your life.
  • Jarov
    13 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I would have paid quite a bit more money if it was all those characters to r8. But these packs just aren't for you, so just ignore them and move on with your life.

It's perfectly fine for people to express their opinions and concerns. If these posts aren't for you, I guess you can ignore them and move on with your life.
  • CrispyFett
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Even though I already have SLKR, Rey, SK and Raddus, the packs have been a boon for my guild. Many of my guildmates have bought the packs, and our GP has gone up a bit. I can understand people's frustration if they just unlocked Rey or SLKR, etc. in the recent past. I would probably be frustrated as well
  • Options
    I don't like Rey and I don't have her. I like SLKR and I have him. I am going to get Rey just because of this bundle and I am going to see a lot more Rey's in TW and GaC.
    I am "proud" of the work I put into getting SLKR, it was a special day to get the unlock.
    I hope everyone that unlock SLKR with the bundle are very happy when they do, but it just a powerboost.
    Just as Rey will just be a boost for me and not a proud moment.

The level of entry has increased though, think anyone have to give that new players that hoped to not spend a dime and compensate with skill or time investment will find themselves hopelessly behind those that spent just 10$. But again, there are many that proud to get things slower and fight against stronger opponents.

• Options
    I’m considering getting the packs (just unlocked SK so I’m good there). You still gotta do some work to take the grind to the finish line, but it’s a heck of a boon. I wasn’t particularly excited for Rey or SLKR but I wouldn’t mind adding them to the roster. I’ve got JML and JMK, and I wouldn’t begrudge anyone who got a nice score to get them.

This isn’t pie. More for others doesn’t mean less for you.
  • Options
    9re3xshqoyxo.jpg
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options
    9re3xshqoyxo.jpg

This is now stolen. Thank you
  • Ftwk
    29 posts Member
    Options
    I never farmed any SLKR or Rey so these packs are amazing deals for me.
  • Options
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    Today is the day I lost my F2P tag...Oh well. I feel good saving a boat load of time for a minimal cost. However, I do feel bad for the individuals who put in the grind for these units for free. I would be upset too. At the end of the day. Everyone is going to get it as they continue to make packs like these.

0vbq0qg2xum4.png
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • Options

0vbq0qg2xum4.png

Taking this. Thank you!
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • scuba
    14101 posts Member
    Options

Somehow I gained FTP status with some update a while back. I will carry on your title
  • Options
    So can someone pls clarify what you get in GL Rey bundle: all specified chars in relics + GL rey r5 ? with ultimate or no?
  • Options
    So can someone pls clarify what you get in GL Rey bundle: all specified chars in relics + GL rey r5 ? with ultimate or no?

You don't get BB8, GL Rey, Raddus, or Jedi Training Rey. You get the characters needed to complete these journeys at R5. To get GL Rey some will need to be improved to R7.
  • Options
    You also don't get Finn or Vet Chewie.