Scout Trooper omicron, is it worth it?

I can't find much info on if the omicron is worth it. Anyone add it and see a huge impact in the raid?
Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Replies

• Options
    No
  • Options
    I'm holding off on it for now - I feel like it might be good to push a single team to max score - but one out of eight teams getting max score as opposed to 70-80% of max score doesn't really feel that impactful in the grand scheme of things. I think there are better uses for my omis right now.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    General consensus I've seen on Discord is that it can add about 400k to a run and not as much of a home run as Boush's omicron was for Krayt.
  • Options
    Can only be used on ONE specific raid, one time per raid event. F--k no.

You might want to go back and read all the words
    ztq5z6qh582o.jpeg
  • Options
    To op.s question id say no, not worth it. If it makes a big difference in the next raid maybe put it in then
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Why would it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    That is another issue. The odds of Scout Trooper being needed in another Featured Raid soon seem bad.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Maybe so, but Empire is a big faction so it's sure to be needed again at some point. FWIW I have the omicron on R7 Scout and with 3PO did 1.38mil. It was pretty consistent across multiple attempts.
  • Options
    No ... Raid-omicrons are the absolute worst. The mats are super hard to come by and are needed for many other important toons in GAC and TW. Raids cycle around, so at best you'll be able to use Scouts omicron for around 9 months. Then the raid will cycle, and it's unclear if Endor Bike Race-raid will ever be back again.

GAC and TW omicrons are "eternal" ... Raid omicrons are temporary.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Leia's was totally worth it to me, the protagonist.

This one, not so much.

YMMV
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Leia's was totally worth it to me, the protagonist.

This one, not so much.

YMMV

Yeah, Boushh omicron was amazing, do not regret even a little. Scout's seems like it's not doing enough to be worthwhile, so will probably skip it.
  • Options
    I mean, be real.

Even if the Omicrons accounted for the same value per run, you get 8 runs with Speeder Bike and only 5 runs with Krayt. In each case the Scout and Boussh Omicrons could be used exactly once. So the Scout gets that Omi boost in 1/8 runs, where Boussh got it for 1/5 runs.

This means that they've slashed the value of the Omi by 37.5%. Instead of boosting the power of the Scout Omi to far beyond that of the Boussh Omi to compensate for this, the Scout Omi appears to be less effective in enhancing scores than the Boussh Omi was.

I will wait to make a final determination, but 37.5% less effectiveness combined with 2x the cost (most of us got the Boussh omi for 10 mats or bought it earlier for 20 and then were refunded 10 mats) looks very much like the value of the Scout Omi has crashed through the floor compared to Leia's.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    We get to use Scout troopers for three more months than Leias
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Have they definitely announced the lifetime of Endor? I must have missed that. Can anyone point me to the announcement?
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

Have they definitely announced the lifetime of Endor? I must have missed that. Can anyone point me to the announcement?

They said the new raid cadence is 8-9 months - so we didn't get a definitive date, but we can approximate now that it's been released.
  • Options

They said the new raid cadence is 8-9 months - so we didn't get a definitive date, but we can approximate now that it's been released.

Thanks, I was just thinking about how Krayt only lasted 6 months so wondering if there’ll be a set cadence in future.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Deathbringer59
    588 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I honestly jumped the gun and omni Scout. Is she worth it? Idk but I did it so I'm going to use it. The raid is the current way to earn MK3 and she can do some decent scores in the raid from what I've done. Makes the run a little easier and from the description she'll be used in the raids down the line. How far away that is though will be up to CG putting her as a requirement. For the next 8-9 months and I'll at least be able to get some higher scores. I didn't do Boush so I like to think I'm helping the guild out to reach the next box
  • Options
    I honestly jumped the gun and omni Scout. Is she worth it? Idk but I did it so I'm going to use it. The raid is the current way to earn MK3 and she can do some decent scores in the raid from what I've done. Makes the run a little easier and from the description she'll be used in the raids down the line. How far away that is though will be up to CG putting her as a requirement. For the next 8-9 months and I'll at least be able to get some higher scores. I didn't do Boush so I like to think I'm helping the guild out to reach the next box

Helping the guild get the next box is the thing to consider, right?
    So let's go crazy, and say the the omi is worth 1 million extra points. Tier 5 is pretty much the first place this could be the case, so we're talking r7 characters in the roster here.
    So in a guild with all people with a few r7 teams to use, reaching the 208 box is easy. 250 let's say. If every player in that guild applied the omi, with the 1 million extra points, that 50 million extra still makes zero difference to the guild box.
    For many players it might not even bridge to the next personal reward.

I think many players could make up a million points with some g12 upgrades or low relics on their bottom 3 teams.

And I really don't think the omi is going to make a million points difference. Seems like there are plenty of ways to get extra points for the guild without using up an omi.

I found the boush omi good, as I ran my Jabba team every 3 days, and it made it easier to hit max in one try. I don't see that same incentive here.
  • Options
    Can only be used on ONE specific raid, one time per raid event. F--k no.

You might want to go back and read all the words
    ztq5z6qh582o.jpeg

Ah - I did miss that. Nearly useless though, so not sure it matters.
  • MasterGomez87
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    no i took the plunge already and nets 100k more then without it but thats it.

i hate agreeing with ahnald but if it was 10 omis might be worth it but 20 seems a bit much
  • Options
    Maybe if it was only 10 omicrons like Boushh's was, I'd be interested. But not quite there yet. Especially since the speeder raid is still in flux.
  • Options
    You get half the frequency of use but charge double the omi price compared to BL? Ok CG. 😆
  • Options
    no i took the plunge already and nets 100k more then without it but thats it.

i hate agreeing with ahnald but if it was 10 omis might be worth it but 20 seems a bit much

He jumps the gun on some things, but he's right often enough to at least consider what he says.
  • Options
    I’d like to think that since they baked in that verbiage about it being used in other raids besides Endor, there’s plans to have Scout in future raids. But without clear directive and communication from CG, it makes it very difficult to confidently pull the trigger. Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever apply a raid omicron unless it’s just absolutely transcendent. At least not at 20 mats. My omi priority is GAC first (by far), TW (distant) second.
  • Options
    ItsNotMe wrote: »
    I’d like to think that since they baked in that verbiage about it being used in other raids besides Endor, there’s plans to have Scout in future raids. But without clear directive and communication from CG, it makes it very difficult to confidently pull the trigger. Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever apply a raid omicron unless it’s just absolutely transcendent. At least not at 20 mats. My omi priority is GAC first (by far), TW (distant) second.

I feel like that verbiage is more aimed at legacy raids than future raids - but who's to say? Maybe the next raid will be all about the imperial remnants.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    You get half the frequency of use but charge double the omi price compared to BL? Ok CG. 😆

1) Half the frequency, twice the rewards, same net result (and actually better results since we're getting higher scores)
    2) BL half price omi was temporary
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

1) Half the frequency, twice the rewards, same net result (and actually better results since we're getting higher scores)
    2) BL half price omi was temporary

1) That’s the same net result without Scout omi. Your response doesn’t apply to the question: “why should I apply Scout omi?”

2) Yes. I wouldn’t have applied BL omi if it wasn’t on sale; but it was, and I applied it.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯