C3PO Nerf

Replies

• Options
    Was fun while it lasted! I was actually starting to enjoy this raid. The last one was hot garbage! Don’t know why it had to be nerfed. C3PO has been able to escape in all the previous raids so when it works in our favour it obviously has to be nerfed. It’s the CG way! RIDICULOUS!!!!
  • Options
    seems like effort to make something bad worse gg cg
  • Options
    Eh, I got 11+ million last raid only using him once.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    To me it seemed like an obvious oversight. Characters escape because they can't do damage. All bikes have basic blasters.

I mean they could've disabled him from doing any damage, but I don't think that would've made anyone happier.
  • TVF
    36633 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Eh, I got 11+ million last raid only using him once.

I "only" got 10m, but yeah, agreed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Nah, it was annoying, when I got a good score but C3PO died so I had to do the battle again.
  • Options
    Think most people anticipated this happening. Shouldn’t really come as a surprise
  • Options
    It’s not a surprise I think to most players, but it is still disappointing. By chance a feature of the raid, as it was, was one that gave a big benefit to players, and once again CG chose to chut it down rather than throwing players a sorely needed bone.

After a very erratic year PR-wise with some choices this just seems like they’re determined to erode any goodwill in the community.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    Options
    It’s not a surprise I think to most players, but it is still disappointing. By chance a feature of the raid, as it was, was one that gave a big benefit to players, and once again CG chose to chut it down rather than throwing players a sorely needed bone.

After a very erratic year PR-wise with some choices this just seems like they’re determined to erode any goodwill in the community.

Personally, that’s not how I want to be thrown a bone.

It’s a symptom of the same disease. Developers don’t understand their own code. Simply because this time around it provided a small benefit isn’t comforting to me at all, really.

It was a broken thing, so they fixed it. Needed to be done.

I just want stuff to work. That’s the bare minimum I should expect from a f2p mobile game
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

It’s a symptom of the same disease. Developers don’t understand their own code. Simply because this time around it provided a small benefit isn’t comforting to me at all, really.

I just want stuff to work. That’s the bare minimum I should expect from a f2p mobile game

It wasn't broken. The kit was working exactly as it was written. Someone either overlooked it or CG underestimated how many people would be willing to settle for less than max score. So they changed it - but it never needed to be fixed as it wasn't broken.

Don't worry - stuff works. It worked before, and now it still works even though they changed the rules.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I'm more concerned that there currently isn't (from what I've seen) a team with omicron Scout Trooper that can get 2.7 million as well. The value of that omicron is very limited if this doesn't exist given the way that the enrage meter works.
  • Options
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I'm more concerned that there currently isn't (from what I've seen) a team with omicron Scout Trooper that can get 2.7 million as well. The value of that omicron is very limited if this doesn't exist given the way that the enrage meter works.

This isn't my screenshot - taken from the swgoh raid server, from a post by a user named Cyrus on 11/8 in the #general-endor-showoff-screenshots channel:

qt7z60ctos8o.png

I know I've seen others, but that was the first one I came across in about 30 seconds of searching.
  • Options
    that should say 11/28, not 11/8 - not risking the spam filter eating my post to edit it though.
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »

It wasn't broken. The kit was working exactly as it was written. Someone either overlooked it or CG underestimated how many people would be willing to settle for less than max score. So they changed it - but it never needed to be fixed as it wasn't broken.

Don't worry - stuff works. It worked before, and now it still works even though they changed the rules.

Ok, replace “broken” with “not WAI”. It wasn’t WAI, the playerbase largely assumed as much, and it’s been corrected as most people expected it to be.