Rey tier 7 event

TheZerker111
27 posts Member
edited December 2023
Like many people I got rey in the lightspeed, since then I have tried about 6 times to get the material to get her ultimate, I've followed a ton of different guides and strategies, and been unable to come close to getting this event. Anyone have any ideas if they majorly buffed this event?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    Event remains the same since release.
  • Options
    Like many people I got rey in the lightspeed, since then I have tried about 6 times to get the material to get her ultimate, I've followed a ton of different guides and strategies, and been unable to come close to getting this event. Anyone have any ideas if they majorly buffed this event?

Screenshot your Rey stats and mods, let people take a look and maybe they can help. Also the team you are using could be the problem. It’s a difficult tier, you need excellent mods with solid strategy. I couldn’t win consistently until I took Rey to R8. BitDynasty was the best guide I found.
  • Options
    Weird. I mean, I didn't think there even was a t7. I thought that there were only 6 tiers. Let me go back and check.

Okay, there are only 6 tiers. I tried the hardest tier and went in with Rey + RHBros, Holdo, and OG Finn. Lost RH Finn to a counter on RHF's first move. Brutal, but I won then level on that first try without reading any guides or even the event info or doing an re/modding.

I'm not saying it's easy. I got a little lucky with a well-timed SLKR swipe reducing Holdo to yellow health which allowed me one more whirlwind than I thought I was going to get. Even so I beat it first try so it can't be THAT hard.

I'd say that there's something going on there, but it's not a recent increase in difficulty.
  • Haugs
    181 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Nope, they haven’t buffed it. I’ve gone Rey / JTR / res heroes / holdo and been 4-1 I believe with this comp. Not a particularly difficult event if you time healing immunity correctly and get off at least three sudden whirlwinds before SLKR gets too ramped up

Edit: 5-1 now
    Post edited by Haugs on
  • Options
    the event is difficult and time consuming, I lost two, but I won three in Rey,
  • Options
    This is the team I use
  • Options
    Is that the tier with the event ability? If so, you want to use that ability to keep taunt on JTR as much as possible. And do NOT use JTRs turn meter removal ability to remove turn meter from SLKR (you can use it on the side troopers though). Use JTR to get healing immunity on SLKR. First move I always gave Poe lifeblood (only because that’s what bitdynasty did lol). Did not lose a single battle using bitdynasty strategy.
  • Options
    the event is difficult and time consuming, I lost two, but I won three in Rey,

3-2 isn’t a great success rate to encourage others to follow your strategy, tbh. 60% would be unacceptable for me, at least. Most people want 100% or upwards of 80%.

While I never did invest much in the way of speed mods towards bb-8, so maybe the event would be radically different if mine was much faster, I don’t see a lot of value in BB-8 in the ultimate event. Really the only debuff(s) you’re applying to SLKR with that squad would be daze via Poe, 3 dots via Poe, and healing immunity via JTR, which can’t be resisted, so tenacity down isn’t really necessary. Poe should have high potency anyways.

Illuminated destiny’s a fine ability, but it takes several turns to be able to use it. I’d argue by the time you use it, you don’t really need it. You’ll have either succeeded or failed by this time (again reiterating that if a mega-fast BB-8 invalidates this, okay, but I’d still prefer Holdo for her heal and ability to give Rey at least one additional sudden whirlwind to defeat SLKR before siphon ramps up)
  • Options
    4 Wins,now
  • Options
    Have you ever heard of that saying? The team that's winning doesn't move, so even though it took a while, now I'm winning, so I'm going to keep my team, hugs.
  • Options
    oh and the two defeats I had, it was because I followed another scheme, with this team, I'm keeping the victories
  • Options
    Certainly. From my PoV, you said “I’ve gone 3-2 with this strategy”. If there’s more nuance to it, we wont know unless you tell us. 3-2 is a 60% success rate, and there are better guides out there to accomplish a better rate is all I’m saying.
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »
    Certainly. From my PoV, you said “I’ve gone 3-2 with this strategy”. If there’s more nuance to it, we wont know unless you tell us. 3-2 is a 60% success rate, and there are better guides out there to accomplish a better rate is all I’m saying.

As I said above, these two defeats I had were because I used the wrong team and scheme, when I stopped to watch a proper tutorial, I didn't lose, understand?
  • Options
    Yep!
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »
    Nope, they haven’t buffed it. I’ve gone Rey / JTR / res heroes / holdo and been 4-1 I believe with this comp. Not a particularly difficult event if you time healing immunity correctly and get off at least three sudden whirlwinds before SLKR gets too ramped up

Edit: 5-1 now

Actually if not I’m not mistaken they did buff it waaay back, where the removal of TM gives FO with SLKR health and protection, originally it did not have this Rey was like my 4th GL and watched an old tutorial where they removed TM
  • Shmoopyz
    128 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I used the Rabid Beaver guides and didn't drop a fight. Last tier is definitely not a joke though. This shows minimum zetas and gear level you need.

https://youtu.be/6fnoAqIdBWA?si=-n5heF3KcE0D_Egg

I gave my Rey R8 before the final tier. You don't actually need it but she deserves it. ;)

• Darthjobbie
    370 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Put best mods on.
    I used rey (obv) rhp rhf bb8 c3p0.
    Speed for most.
    Use lifeblood on finn
    Keep hitting kylo
    Use lifeblood around if you feel going to lose someone otherwise hit kylo
    Rey using lifeblood will unlock her specia
    Keep rhf and rhp alive, bb8 supports c3p0 on kylo
    Post edited by Darthjobbie on
  • Options
    Lost 2 fights. My first try. Second i confused the finns
  • ne_alenska
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I follow BitDynasty youtube, 3 stars on 1st try.

mq8qo8xh36np.jpg
    Post edited by ne_alenska on
  • Options
    For my case, i modded my rey go first (505 or 507 speed, forgot), then i never lose any.
  • crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    I did it with the above comps people are posting. Keep in mind, do NOT overuse JTR's hand wave move, or you will stack SLKR's health to absurd levels. Try to get through the battle only using it once or twice.

But with that comp, it can be done as low as g11 on Rey (but it takes a looooong time on lower gear levels).

As for the difficulty of the event, the only thing is the nerf to Whirlwind below r7.