Could LSB’s Also be Broken into Individual Characters?

Curious what people would think about this.

Reasoning behind it is I bought a few of the 1st LSB’s. I believe the one with all of the first order characters was the “BB-8 unlock”?

At any rate, the pack had I believe all of the FO characters at relic 5. Now, a very similar pack has been released that also includes vet smuggler Han Solo. I’d very much have liked him to have been included in the original pack since he’s a SLKR unlock character, but it’s fine I’m not trying to complain. Pack’s a great value and I’m glad I bought it.

I just think it’d be nice to have the option to purchase vet smuggler Han individually, since I don’t really want to spend $10 when I bought all but one of the characters on it already. Might be skirting a thin line in terms of offering individual characters, but perhaps in cases where Light Speed Bundles change over time, the new characters added onto a very similar bundle to what was offered previously might be worth acquiring individually at perhaps a higher cost? Like $2 for a relic 5 vet smuggler Han Solo. That way, I still feel like I got max value from the pack I purchased in October and can still give CG money to support the improved pack value.

Replies

• Options
    One character is basically a 7-10 day farm so either spending the 10 or farming directly doesn't sound too painful for what you received.
  • Options
    I acknowledge that. Just advising how CG can get an extra $2 from me :D
  • Options
    I tend to believe groups/factions sold together are more in the spirit of the game as established. When you are able to purchase single-character packs, they're always more expensive than a pack that provides the same number of shards for a group of toons (or a random toon among a group).

I think if you got to pick exactly the toon you wanted and jumped it to r5 immediately it would be priced higher than $5, and if it wasn't, then it would differ too much from how they sell other things.

I mean, there's nothing wrong in theory, but it just doesn't seem in keeping with how they have offered and priced things in the past.

OTOH, I have probably spent all the money I will ever spend on this game, and it wasn't a whole lot, so why should CG listen to me?
  • Options
    Yeah, I agree. I just wonder whether this isn’t a more niche situation, since it’s all arisen within the umbrella of the LSB.

And yeah, any single item from a pack will be priced higher than how much it would cost within a group. Bulk discounts and all.

For me, it’s just the fact that it’s the exact same pack as it was a couple months ago, but vet smuggler Han has been thrown in. I understand by the very nature of the LSB that deals will only get better as time elapses, but I just think it would be a nice feature to allow players the option of purchasing single characters (perhaps on the contingency that the previous bundle had already been purchased) if bundles change over time. That way, I still gave them my $10, and they’d get a little extra out of me.

With this setup, it just feels bad to spend $10 on a pack full of relics, but only really net one of the characters. Basically, I won’t spend $10 to get veteran smuggler Han Solo in a full pack, but I’d spend $2-4 to get him individually. Honestly, not a bad pricing model for CG.
  • Options
    I went for the JTR pack first go round because it had Vet Han in it
  • Options
    Terrible idea. $9.99 for the bundle with all characters and sometimes ships. You want to spend $9.99 for less than that?
  • Options
    I’m in the same boat as you, bought the BB8 bundle and now wishing I’d held off. I’m annoyed they put out the same thing I just bought with an extra toon at the same price but that’s fear marketing for you. It’s a limited time offer, the deal was good and all my FO were g12 or less. I could also use R5 Cad Bane which is the only thing I could get from the Finalizer bundle. That being said, I still don’t think they should start offering individual toons. I appreciate the bundles allowing me to make up ground from the years I took off playing but individual toons is too much spoon feeding imho. Not trying to insult you, I can see where you’re coming from.
  • Options
    DonPuto wrote: »
    Terrible idea. $9.99 for the bundle with all characters and sometimes ships. You want to spend $9.99 for less than that?

I don’t think you’re picking up what I’m putting down
  • Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as you, bought the BB8 bundle and now wishing I’d held off. I’m annoyed they put out the same thing I just bought with an extra toon at the same price but that’s fear marketing for you. It’s a limited time offer, the deal was good and all my FO were g12 or less. I could also use R5 Cad Bane which is the only thing I could get from the Finalizer bundle. That being said, I still don’t think they should start offering individual toons. I appreciate the bundles allowing me to make up ground from the years I took off playing but individual toons is too much spoon feeding imho. Not trying to insult you, I can see where you’re coming from.

Yeah, I get it. I kinda cringed as I wrote out the OP because I know how iffy it can be to introduce a single character pack like I’m suggesting. Only exception I make to it is the single pack would only be available for a character if the character wasn’t available on a similar previous LSB that is on a present one.

It would just be a nice sort of buyers’ assurance that if I buy a LSB bundle now, I don’t have to worry I’m missing out on characters in a month or two from the exact same bundle category at the exact same price.

Otherwise, it’s a bit reminiscent of deflation, which discourages purchasing.
  • Options
    Haugs wrote: »
    Tsfletch wrote: »

Yeah, I get it. I kinda cringed as I wrote out the OP because I know how iffy it can be to introduce a single character pack like I’m suggesting. Only exception I make to it is the single pack would only be available for a character if the character wasn’t available on a similar previous LSB that is on a present one.

It would just be a nice sort of buyers’ assurance that if I buy a LSB bundle now, I don’t have to worry I’m missing out on characters in a month or two from the exact same bundle category at the exact same price.

Otherwise, it’s a bit reminiscent of deflation, which discourages purchasing.

Yeah, if they did a one time offer to BB8 bundle purchasers on vet Han I’d be ok with that.
  • Options
    $10 is a heck of a deal unless the toon you are chasing is within a relic or two level already. Even if you have two phoenix at g12 and the rest are r3+, what a time and material saver if you occasionally spend on the game.
    If you are a young account, these packs cannot be beat.
  • Options
    I agree :)