DC set 13 deflection chance

Is deflection chance going to be the same issue the dodge set was? If so, then CG I need to ask why? That set was so poorly received why would you make another set that is just like it….

Replies

• Options
    Deflection is for special damage , so not as impacting as dodge given there are not as many characters that do special damage compared to physical damage.
  • Options
    So the following toons will more or less be useless for 2 months:
    SEE, CAT, Boushh, Fennec, JML, JKR, GMY, Ben Solo, Drogan, Darth Revan, Admiral Raddus, Doctor Aphra (though BT1 can still hit), Hondo and Mace Windu - and I probably forgot other important ones.

I'ld say that is a pretty good chunk of the top end meta damage dealers... those two months are gonna suck!
  • Mucro
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    SEE, CAT, Boushh, Fennec, JML, JKR, GMY, Ben Solo, Drogan, Darth Revan, Admiral Raddus, Doctor Aphra (though BT1 can still hit), Hondo and Mace Windu - and I probably forgot other important ones.

DR & BSF, Palp, pretty much the entire NS squad, Traya, Mara Jade, and many other important characters too. DC-sets like these absolutely suck for everyone, and should never be made.
  • Options
    There is accuracy on the same set , and the percentages are higher. Life will go on. It will be fine.
  • Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    There is accuracy on the same set , and the percentages are higher. Life will go on. It will be fine.

It's not really that simply - since some of the above mentioned teams have a set 12 datacron, which will be totally void if we have to equip them with set 13 to even have a chance of being useful. Which will totally negate all the resources spent on the set 12 crons.

• Options
    Most people aren’t going to change any of their strategy-but others will hold these teams for offence and use them against teams without deflection Crons. I don’t mind two months of more creative GACS and TWs
  • Options

I'ld say that is a pretty good chunk of the top end meta damage dealers... those two months are gonna suck!

I'd day this only matters at the top of Kyber. So I won't consider early and mid game comps to be relevant.

CAT
    Leap can't be dodged. Her basic is hardly the main source of her damage.

Boushh, Fennec
    At least she has accuracy on her mastery.

JML
    What counter is affected? I realize Efflux and basics may be dodged, but the lead ability special cannot and you still get all your bonuses from Efflux. I don't use him in a way that demands he land TMR or debuffs from Efflux.

JKR
    Usually used as a support under JML or 2nd Jedi team, and his damage from his attacks is largely irrelevant.

Radduss
    At least his ult can't be dodged.

Aphra
    Her damage is irrelevant. Her cooldown increase can't be evaded. Don't see this being a game changer.

Hondo
    Haven't seen a Hondo's damage matter in a long time. I mostly see him as a disruptor on defense. And I'm that role, his Captive debuff is the larger concern by far.

Mace
    His damage isn't particularly relevant. Not hitting Shatterpoint as much and not being able to land debuffs will reduce is utility, though.

I dunno, if someone wants to invest their limited resources or blow hundreds of dollars farming pure deflection secondaries, I think they're getting very limited returns.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options

I'd day this only matters at the top of Kyber. So I won't consider early and mid game comps to be relevant.

CAT

Boushh, Fennec

JML
    What counter is affected? I realize Efflux and basics may be dodged, but the lead ability special cannot and you still get all your bonuses from Efflux. I don't use him in a way that demands he land TMR or debuffs from Efflux.

JKR
    Usually used as a support under JML or 2nd Jedi team, and his damage from his attacks is largely irrelevant.

Radduss

Aphra
    Her damage is irrelevant. Her cooldown increase can't be evaded. Don't see this being a game changer.

Hondo
    Haven't seen a Hondo's damage matter in a long time. I mostly see him as a disruptor on defense. And I'm that role, his Captive debuff is the larger concern by far.

Mace
    His damage isn't particularly relevant. Not hitting Shatterpoint as much and not being able to land debuffs will reduce is utility, though.

I dunno, if someone wants to invest their limited resources or blow hundreds of dollars farming pure deflection secondaries, I think they're getting very limited returns.

Do you not think datacrons are used throughout. Other players have conquest too…
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

CAT

Boushh, Fennec

JML

JKR

Radduss

Aphra

Hondo

Mace

Do you not think datacrons are used throughout. Other players have conquest too…

I've had multiple people on these forums tell me that DCs are almost irrelevant in K3. Some guild mates in K2 have backed up this assertion. But I don't know. If someone would like to correct me, I'm all ears.

Also, for an opponent to have enough Deflection DCs to be disruptive, they will have to spend a lot. If that person is below K1, they probably don't try hard and/or often in GAC. So while I'm sure there will be the occasional issue below K1, I expect that to be the exception rather than the norm.
  • Options
    Can one tell which units do Physical and which do Special without clicking through each ability and reading the text?
  • Options
    I'm normally towards the top of K2 and DCs matter heavily. You will see rosters now with high defense crons and offense crons for the same level 9 toon so the player can decide if that toon will be defense or offense in TW or GAC. I recently faced an opponent with over 40 level 9 crons across both sets. That's an investment and it worked because i could not kill a lone Lord Vader with 280% defense, no matter how many squads I threw at him, costing me the round. Neither full cleared, it's an example though for K2.

When I review rosters before adapting my GAC defense, my second stop is datacrons, not fleets. My first stop is counting GLs. After crons I go back and look for the new Bokatan toons, Reva, and JKCK as indicators.
    Personally, I hope we get a cron set in the future that breaks the fleet meta up like the recent sets have broken the JMK hold on the squad super meta. My arena is full of Jabba's, LVs and Leias thanks to crons.

I am hoping the L6 Mando cron helps out Maul to keep LV useful. Gaining TM will get LV to ult faster but we need to understand how the no revive option will work against Ben Solo or Leia's ult revive.

This new set will also get us through another slog fest of 3v3.
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I'm normally towards the top of K2 and DCs matter heavily. You will see rosters now with high defense crons and offense crons for the same level 9 toon so the player can decide if that toon will be defense or offense in TW or GAC. I recently faced an opponent with over 40 level 9 crons across both sets. That's an investment and it worked because i could not kill a lone Lord Vader with 280% defense, no matter how many squads I threw at him, costing me the round. Neither full cleared, it's an example though for K2.

And that's normal for your opponents? 40 L9 DCs would be on the high end for someone in the top 250. For reference, I'm just outside the top 100 right now, and half of my bracket have 40+ and the other half are well below 40.

Funny enough, however, I pulled up the .gg GAC bracket of my guild mate that is the lowest K1 player in our guild, and his entire bracket has 35+ DCs, with 6/8 over 50. It seems like the K1/2 border has a lot of spenders that don't try or are bad at GAC.

The K2/3 boundary, however, is a very different story. Same exercise, highest L9 DC count is 8.

While my expectations were slightly off from reality, I don't think including K2 players makes my original statements materially less reasonable.
    Personally, I hope we get a cron set in the future that breaks the fleet meta up

How would crons affect ships?
    I am hoping the L6 Mando cron helps out Maul to keep LV useful. Gaining TM will get LV to ult faster

What? How?
    but we need to understand how the no revive option will work against Ben Solo or Leia's ult revive.

We don't already know that? Ben Solo's revive can be prevented with any no revive move. Same with Leia's ult revive. Maybe you mean the instant defeat nonsense that new Bo does? We know that destroy effects do NOT work on Ben while he and Rey have that special blue icon because Rey is above 50% HP. Also, destroy effects do not work on anyone on the Rey team until they have taken a turn.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Can one tell which units do Physical and which do Special without clicking through each ability and reading the text?

Not really no
  • Options
    no that was a mistake they have potency not accuracy
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    meowstef wrote: »

It will still be fine
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mucro
    107 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    meowstef wrote: »

It will still be fine

Depends on how you define "fine". Sure, nobody will die from it. But I can assure you it will be extremely annoying for pretty much everyone. It's not a fun and interesting element. Is that "fine"? Depends on who you ask.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »

Not really no
    main-qimg-d479cb70227b42476dc5655eaeb73e0d