Open the JEdi Knight Cal event

Longwood_the_Penal
3 posts Member
edited March 9
This is so stupid!! Why release a character and only open its event twice. What's the motivation to even spend money because the only people that can do these events are super whales. I learned my lesson, from now on I'm waiting a year until I go after any new unit short of a GL. Because obviously you don't give a crap about your players. I'm not a whale but I am a shark so I've spent some $$. But I won't be spending to get any new unit from now on if this is going to be a normal thing.

Twice we get the Bo Mandalor event, even though 99% of the players have zero chance to get her yet. In what 2 weeks. We get the Bo event. But we see JKC event only twice in a dang year?!?! Hurry up and release his event CG!!! Yes this has deterred me from spending on any new units till you stop this horrible practice.

TlDR_> CG RELEASE THE DANG JEDI KNIGHT CAL KESTIS EVENT!!!! Also I'm not spending a dime going after new units till a year passes!!!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    It's really going to make people angry when we're supposedly getting the Bo Mandalor event back again on the 10th...
  • Options
    I've been waiting since before Christmas to get JKCK. Thought with the packs they released, he'd be there shortly after..... Guess I was wrong.
    Had this exact same issue last year with Grand Inquisitor. Had the requirements done shortly after the last timed event, I had to wait an age for them to make the event open to all, and even then it was like 3 weeks later than it should've been.

I've stopped paying for things in game for a while now. I I used to spend about £10-20 a month on crystals and those relic materials packs that give you energy as well, but long since stopped that now, just seems like a waste of time giving them my money when they'll go and do something controversial
  • Options
    I know, understand, and realize most of the decisions CG makes are based on what they think will make them the most revenue. (That's fine). What was a VERY BAD move to me was how as mentioned above they had a ton of JKCK themed packs around Christmas and players bought them thinking JKCK's event was coming up shortly there after. And since we're well over a month with that not happening (OR ZERO COMMUNICATION ON WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN). That left me and others players with a bad taste in their mouths. Why spend to get ready if no one knows when they need to be ready by???
  • Options
    I know you arent going to like this but just farm all the characters for an event and then focus on a different farm. When the event returns you are ready. Rinse and repeat for years.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    This is so stupid!! Why release a character and only open its event twice. What's the motivation to even spend money

So the next time they release such a character you panic spend. Not some big conspiracy, just a marketing ploy on their part.
  • Options
    Grand Inquisitor came back at 3 months and 6 months before being permanent in the Journey Guide after a year. People complained about the long lag between the 2nd and permanent releases.

For Jedi Cal, the event came back at 4 months and could potentially return at 8 months (end of February) before becoming permanent after a year. If this happens, it would be a better cadence than Grand. People will still complain though.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Grand Inquisitor came back at 3 months and 6 months before being permanent in the Journey Guide after a year. People complained about the long lag between the 2nd and permanent releases.

You have this backwards. GI first return was 6 months (at Christmas), and second return was in March (3 months later) before becoming permanent at a year out as expected.

And sure, JKC came back after 4 months, but there's nothing saying he has to come back at 8 months, or at all before June. I distinctly remembered CG saying it should be about every 90 days, but could never find the comment, so we just have to live with the fact that there is no cadence, outside of moving to the JG a year after release.
  • Options
    CG has an event calendar that shows special events and showed when the next cal event was going to be. It showed like every 3 or so months.
  • Options
    Thorvald85 wrote: »
    CG has an event calendar that shows special events and showed when the next cal event was going to be. It showed like every 3 or so months.

Link please? Pretty sure you are wrong here.

For the OP: it was entirely possible to be ready for the latest return of JKCK without spending any money or directly buying any shards with crystals.
    If you had followed what a lot of players are doing and done a double refresh of the farm nodes for the required toons, you would have been ready and would not have spent any money.

I agree that the cadence they are running can be frustrating since you have no idea when a toon will return, but this has been the practice sincen launch so not really new.
    I also agree with others here that the JKCK cadence is much nicer than the GI cadence.
    I was ready for GI two weeks after his first return/rerun/whatever it was and then waited patiently for 5.5 months to get him.

JKCK had a return timed to allow everyone doing double refresh to get him without spending.
This discussion has been closed.