A win/win suggestion.

Pizzathehut
37 posts Member
edited March 2016
To swgoh producers and/or EA

After the first week or so of playing swgoh and button mashing to figure out the game, I paused to consider purchases. I do enjoy the game and in the past have had no issues with in game purchases on other games to support the producers and enhance my experience. Heres what I concluded.

The total lack of guarantee for what I wanna purchase. Or throwing my money to the winds of luck. Ex: I WANT gm tarkin....... exactly. Without great luck or an insane amount of money, I'm not gonna get him. After realizing this I was a f2p player. I know there are those that spend 1000.00's on this game (wherever you work are you hiring?) but I will not until I can actually control my purchase. I believe many others would agree. I believe your profits would ballon if this could be worked out.
Ex: 50 toon specific shards for 20.00. I know I would be making several purchases.

Your product in my mind is a good one but I think you are limiting your pontential to just that......good. When it could be great. Please consider the general 'idea' of my humble suggestion.

Note, I did spend 20.00 today after writing this. But know that I did so soley on principle in supporting your product and not on the value (IMO) of what I purchased.

Respectfully submitted,
A customer

Post edited by BentWookiee on

Replies

• Beewl
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Ah. You had me until you said you spent $20 today. You get suckered at the beginning before you realize it's a hook and your could do almost as well without dropping major cash.

If the $20 was for crystals for refreshers, I absolve you :]
  • Options
    Beewl wrote: »
    Ah. You had me until you said you spent $20 today. You get suckered at the beginning before you realize it's a hook and your could do almost as well without dropping major cash.

It was and also based purely on principle. I can't call myself a customer if Im not.
  • Options
    The randomness is what keeps the game diverse, or close to it. There will always be randomness to character packs if for no other reason then they make more money that way and they have the right to make money as you have the right not to pay.
  • Options
    On one side I agree with you. However I think they would make considerably more if purchases could be controlled. Maybe I am just wishfully thinking.
  • Options
    The randomness is what keeps the game diverse, or close to it. There will always be randomness to character packs if for no other reason then they make more money that way and they have the right to make money as you have the right not to pay.

I agree with you opinion that "they have the right to make money as you have the right not to pay" but i wonder if this is really helping in achieving game diversity.

Thus it seems like i fight the same Squad over and over again in PvP & GW. I get the feeling that it's more far from a "diverse game" than close.
  • Options
    I 100% agree.

The only purchase aimed at low spenders (or converting f2p into low spenders) is the crystal subscription. Nothing else offers the value we are looking for, or the certainty of what we will get.

Chromium might be a bit of fun but there is no way to star up a toon without spending a lot, so why bother?

Aurodium are priced out of our range (but offers certainty).

I propose that CG offers more packs similar to the Dooku starter pack. You pay your 750 crystal equivalent in dollars, unlock a specific character at 1* and unlock a cantina node for that character. This gives low spenders the option to buy who they want and also allows them to farm their purchase up to 7*.
  • Options
    I 100% agree.

The only purchase aimed at low spenders (or converting f2p into low spenders) is the crystal subscription. Nothing else offers the value we are looking for, or the certainty of what we will get.

Chromium might be a bit of fun but there is no way to star up a toon without spending a lot, so why bother?

Aurodium are priced out of our range (but offers certainty).

I propose that CG offers more packs similar to the Dooku starter pack. You pay your 750 crystal equivalent in dollars, unlock a specific character at 1* and unlock a cantina node for that character. This gives low spenders the option to buy who they want and also allows them to farm their purchase up to 7*.

I believe you understand my 'feeling' on this exactly. I dont really care the specifics of how. Just that I have control on what Im purchasing. Thank you for your response
  • Options
    I think there should be themed chromium packs. Like if you're going for Tarkin you could get the Empire one, which all of the Empire toons would be in. That way you still get the randomness, a significantly better chance at what you want, and more will be sold, meaning CG/EA get more money.
  • Pizzathehut
    37 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @kakeb314 I would seriously consider that. Put another way, reduce the randomness of purchase. I mean what am I purchasing? Honestly the way things are, my odds far better on a roulette table. With a cutie bringing cold ones every 15 minutes to boot.

Edit: I still do enjoy this game. It is not a bash but just pursuit of perfection. Which I know never happens but still strive for.
  • ElToro
    149 posts Member
    Options
    I believe an acceptable prize for a 7 star should be ten to fifteen dollars, they should give us the choice to buy the characters that we want, with that pricing i would gladly buy the characters i want and of course we'll have the collectors that wasn't every single character that exists
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I bought a few Chromiums when I was new to the game simply because I wanted more characters and there were guaranteed character drops. The last one I bought was a couple months ago and I got horrible buyer's remorse after getting nothing but shards for characters I'll never use. After that I became 100% F2P.

I see their logic behind it. They want people to gamble and buy pack after pack in hopes of getting what they want, and they do. The only way I'd ever spend another cent on this game is if I could pick my own shards. Even if they charged $5 for 5 shards, I know for a fact people would drop $100 to get 100 Rey shards, for example. Especially when they're frustrated with grinding and want to get it over with.
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    Marvel future fight has something similar to what op has suggested and I think it's really good. Especially individual character packs.
  • Options
    Welcome to the forum, try not to call out EA or CG, etc in the thread title. They provide the forum for the game and it's understood you are addressing them. :)
  • Options
    @LeoRavus
    "The only way I'd ever spend another cent.....".

How many of us are there that have said exactly that? My guess is, economically, more than the revenue they are currently generating as is.
  • Options
    Can you please change your Avatar?! I'm having a hard time following conversation. Nice post. I agree completely
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    @LeoRavus
    "The only way I'd ever spend another cent.....".

How many of us are there that have said exactly that? My guess is, economically, more than the revenue they are currently generating as is.

It's hard to say. Generally people don't like to feel bad about spending money. And I feel bad if I spend money and get bad results. It's like taking a $20 bill and lighting it on fire. Maybe people with tons of disposable income feel differently.
  • Options
    @BentWookie
    Duely noted and apologies. I completely understand that position and no offense was meant. And thank you
  • Options
    @Chewy_Johnson68

Return of the Jedi Princess Leia was my 'wake up' call as a youngling. Lol
  • Options
    Yep me too! She'll always have a special place in my heart!
  • Options
    Agree and love the idea! i would spend $20 on a couple of thousand crystals, so I would definitely do it if we had specific toon to pick from.
  • scottmensaman
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Separate leader boards for f2p and cash cows.

I'm with you, Pizza. I want Leia to go with my Han!!!!

I stopped spending on this and opened a brokerage account. Now I throw my money at my future,!

However, I still play daily and love love love the game! F2p is when we learn firsthand what Master Yoda means when he states, "Patience you must have."
  • Options
    @scottmensaman

If you knew my ex-wife than you'd know I have it in abundance. Lol and noted
  • Options
    Beewl wrote: »

The random is how they pull in the gambling addicts. When they do give controlled purchases, it's in 60€ packs for 2-3 characters (who aren't really maxed, but just 50-80 shards out of the total 330), or in a pack that's only available to people who spent more than 200€. So the smart way to play is stick to refreshes.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    This kind of mystery purchase is common throughout all mobile games. So while I'd like to agree that precision purchases would yield more income, I'm inclined to disagree.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    kaleb314 wrote: »
    I think there should be themed chromium packs. Like if you're going for Tarkin you could get the Empire one, which all of the Empire toons would be in. That way you still get the randomness, a significantly better chance at what you want, and more will be sold, meaning CG/EA get more money.

+1