Ultimate Journey Event Suggestion/Complaint

CG, most if not all of the events you've created that occur on a regular basis are simmable after you complete it at 3 stars, or are a reasonable difficulty such that we can auto through them with ease.

So why, for the love of the Force, is the GL "Ultimate Journey Event" not simmable??

I spent easily 3 hours the first time it ran after I unlocked Jabba, just remodding and trying to figure out how to beat it. By some miracle, after nearly 30 attempts, I got it done and at 3 stars no less! Jabba's mission is hated throughout my entire guild because it both is absurdly tuned so that effectively only Jabba has any chance of landing thermals because his can't be resisted, and reduces your regular 5-man squad to 4, which just doubles the difficulty. No other event in the game's history has made me want to throw my phone into the wall like this.

Please add simming to the GL event, or at the bare minimum let us use a full squad for Jabba's. I'm ready to give up after another 2 hours of attempts this time...

Replies

• crzydroid
    7315 posts Moderator
    Options
    The Jabba one seems pretty effortless to me. It's the SLKR vs. Rey one that seems like a toss up.
  • Options
    Yeah not being able to sim ANY of the events after you 3 star is frustrating for sure. UJE comes around and I do what I can but most of the time I never get through them all. If you can't sim something you need to keep it around for more than 24 hrs at the least. All the repetitive stuff has me playing less and less. I worked hard, had to read up, swap mods around to get 3 stars, shouldn't have to do it every month. Plus the PG trials today which are simmable thankfully but still can't get through the Tie Int event. I just gave up on it. Overpowered is an understatement.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    I auto all of them but SLKR and Rey.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Azrul66reborn
    16 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    SLKR vs Rey is actually easy. Check out bitdynasty's video. Rey is dead in 6 moves then kill the adds.

I welcome the OP's suggestion of making it simmable.
  • Options
    Make the event simmable please
  • Options
    Heavy agree, please make them simmable.
  • Options
    I can't see a down side to having them simable, but I'm with LordDirt on this one - None of them really seem particularly hard. The SLKR vs Rey matchup is the only one I ever have to do more than once, and the last two events have been three attempts max for me even on that one.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Magruffin
    797 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    I misread the op, please ignore
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    381 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Suggested Condition: Need to win X amount of times before it becomes simmable?
  • Options

Ala Galactic War? Sure. 50 times? Too much.
    Of course I know him - he's me
  • Options

That would be GREAT!

• Options

Any Option to lead to simming these would be amazing!!!
  • Options

That’s like 4 years
  • Options

Yes! Maybe a reasonable number considering it's a monthly event? Thank you for responding
  • Options

Might I ask why? Repetitive uninteresting gameplay adds nothing to the game but negative experience. What is the point of forcing it?

Once you solve it, just let it be simmed.
  • Options

Ideally, it'd be simmable right away after 3 stars like everything else, especially if that's simpler to implement. But I'd happily accept something like 5-10 wins as a condition... I agree with The200GemsJohn, 50 is WAY too high for a monthly event.
  • Options

Might I ask why? Repetitive uninteresting gameplay adds nothing to the game but negative experience. What is the point of forcing it?

Once you solve it, just let it be simmed.

Totally agree bro.
    If you can pass it with 3* you will pass it 100 times...
  • Options

i don't really see the point. 1-3 stars, you only get one attempt, same rewards. You can refresh, but its a new match each time.
    you only have to pay for refreshes, so the amount of crystals being spent is the same whether you sim or not. there's no monetary loss.

after the 3 star puzzle is cracked, the only effect the sim would yield is happy players. those who want to play, still can.

you may be banking on people that don't normally refresh will pay to refresh to speed up the achievement of a sim. i can't imagine a significant amount of people would do that. conversely, the sim ability may actually cause the people who dont refresh to do so because they wont frustrated by doing it over and over. this would generate revenue via crystal purchases.

imho
  • Options
    S1th_Daddy wrote: »

i don't really see the point. 1-3 stars, you only get one attempt, same rewards. You can refresh, but its a new match each time.
    you only have to pay for refreshes, so the amount of crystals being spent is the same whether you sim or not. there's no monetary loss.

after the 3 star puzzle is cracked, the only effect the sim would yield is happy players. those who want to play, still can.

you may be banking on people that don't normally refresh will pay to refresh to speed up the achievement of a sim. i can't imagine a significant amount of people would do that. conversely, the sim ability may actually cause the people who dont refresh to do so because they wont frustrated by doing it over and over. this would generate revenue via crystal purchases.

imho

Agree on all points here.

If I'm frustrated with the event, or pressed for time, I'm less likely to refresh. If I can sim it, it's much easier to hit that refresh button.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Even if refreshes were simmable after 3 starring each time the Galactic Legends event came back would be an improvement.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

I was going to suggest X victories before simming even before you said anything!

I would normally be fully on board with 12 or 20, some significant number, but given that it's only a monthly event that seems needlessly long. Anything from 5 to 12 would be within the realm of reason from my point of view. I mean, I'd prefer 6. I think that's about perfect, but I understand that CG has its own motivations and goals so while I wouldn't prefer doing it for a whole year before simming, I wouldn't complain if I knew there was an end in sight.

I think from a game balance point of view the idea of waiting longer would be to really stress that Omicrons are something you have to work hard for.

The idea of making it shorter is that once you've proven you can beat it repeatedly and that the first wasn't a fluke, then the player has established that they're going to earn the rewards anyway, so gating them isn't productive and the only reason to replay the thing is if it's still fun. I figure after 3-5 times it's no longer new and interesting, so that's how I came up with 5 as a number where the vast majority of players would consider it no longer fresh, but it's not quite old enough that you've started annoying everyone.

I get that Omicrons should be an effort to acquire, and I'm willing to do this thing by hand for a while, but ultimately it does need to transition to simmable, so better to discuss it with the team and make the plan sooner rather than later.