Undersized Squads on Def in GA?

Pertor
45 posts Member
So, with the rise of Darth Bane a question comes to my mind. Why can't we use undersized squads on Def like SEE + Bane on Defense? Bane's special abilities and omicrons are right here for that purpose!

Replies

• Options
    Probably because you get a banner for each enemy you kill - so if your opponent could set undersized defenses they could in theory rob you of banners by setting nothing but undersized squads on defense.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Thats so bad excuse - You could get free kill from missing member.

Like "Set Bonus points to 5-<teamsize>" for 5vs5. Doesnt even have to count if team is full or not as for full that is just 0.

Someone might put 1 man on backrow as "none gets there" - but hey that would be cool anyway.
  • LordDirt
    5040 posts Member
    Options
    It is strange to come out with a new character that benefits only using two characters yet you cant just set two on defense.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Well, because some characters just are worse on defense. SEE is a prime example of a more offense heavy kit and since Bane is his lifter it totally makes sense for his kit to be tailored to offense.
    And since undermanning attacks is a huge advantage in terms of banners, some characters just are more of a benefit on the attack, just like wampa.
    I would never set my troopers on defense, they depend heavily on the right match ups and specific targeting of enemies, but they still are a very good team, even if they suck on defense.
  • Hortus
    628 posts Member
    Options
    You also can't put the solo Wampa on defense, so it's nothing new. Just the rule of the game.
  • Screerider
    1391 posts Member
    Options
    Undersizing works in Fleets, so...
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »

Different situation, since those are RI not the starters. And while I'm sure they could make it work, and points wouldn't be an issue, you would just have people come here crying about how bad it is on defense because SEE can solo it.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Different situation, since those are RI not the starters. And while I'm sure they could make it work, and points wouldn't be an issue, you would just have people come here crying about how bad it is on defense because SEE can solo it.

So it'd be no different than what we have now on the forums (complaints that they can't set on def), but then at least the player has agency in game.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options

So it'd be no different than what we have now on the forums (complaints that they can't set on def), but then at least the player has agency in game.

That, and whatever bugs CG introduces and the crying about those bugs.
  • Options

That, and whatever bugs CG introduces and the crying about those bugs.

Very true. But that's a reason for CG to never do anything ;)
  • Screerider
    1391 posts Member
    Options
    I mean, if you can set no team down, why not a undersized one?
  • Ultra
    11531 posts Moderator
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    It is strange to come out with a new character that benefits only using two characters yet you cant just set two on defense.

you can and if the defense holds, its better than a team of 5 on defense that gets 1 shot
  • Screerider
    1391 posts Member
    Options
    I remember when Wampa got his omicron the topic of just setting him solo on D came up. It does seem like some kits call out undersizing so would make sense to be able to do so on D.

Sort of related, but I'm also annoyed I can't undersize on offense in TB until I'm down to < 5 units.
  • Pertor
    45 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Options

How? The game doesn't accept only 2 on defense in GA. There always have to be 5 in 5vs5 and 3 in 3vs3.
    Sorry, this reply is for Ultra.
  • StarSon
    7467 posts Member
    Options
    Pertor wrote: »

How? The game doesn't accept only 2 on defense in GA. There always have to be 5 in 5vs5 and 3 in 3vs3.

Ultra doesn't play the game, so must of what they say about gameplay should be disregarded.
  • Pertor
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Pertor wrote: »

Ultra doesn't play the game, so must of what they say about gameplay should be disregarded.

:lol: