Mode where you can play for fun??

Why doesn’t such a mode exist yet? Where it doesn’t cost any stamina but you don’t get any rewards. Let people test stuff out, just set up any enemy units you want and battle.

I find myself bored of doing literally nothing in this game, as all my energy goes toward farming gear and events take 30 seconds to complete.

Replies

• Options
    What do you mean, fun? Job isn't meant to be fun.
  • Blubcop
    374 posts Member
    Options
    I play all the gamemodes for fun
  • Options
    Yeah, we've been asking for this for ages. If it's not here yet, I don't know that it's reasonable to look for it. You've got my +1 though.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ranzono
    454 posts Member
    Options
    Answer,

Sandbox
  • Options
    It won’t happen because it’s a lot of programming and server space for a game mode that has no incentive or return.
  • Options
    It won’t happen because it’s a lot of programming and server space for a game mode that has no incentive or return.

As all fights are on the client and nothing on the server, this can be done.
    How simple or hard it can be, it's on an complete other side.
  • Options
    Ea:
    "But can we monetize it?"
  • Options
    They aren't going to let us have a sandbox mode. Even when conquest used to be fun and it was easier, we could use it as a sandbox and they took that fun out and made it a grind.

It would be great to have, but CG isn't going to do it unless they can figure out how to charge us for it.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Is there not one game mode already you find fun? You seem to be asking for a practice sandbox mode, which may be useful but I would not find particularly fun. I don’t get how that is more fun than achieving well in conquest, working with your guild to improve TB/raid or winning a round of GAC.
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Is there not one game mode already you find fun? You seem to be asking for a practice sandbox mode, which may be useful but I would not find particularly fun. I don’t get how that is more fun than achieving well in conquest, working with your guild to improve TB/raid or winning a round of GAC.

I think you nailed it at the end there - winning GAC is fun. It's harder to win when you only get to practice on game day. I don't want to try weird team comps when my crystal income is riding on it - that's why .gg only ever has the same few counters represented for any given team. People use the same thing over and over again because it's been tested and it works. I can't test GAC omis anywhere except for GAC - same with TW. Similarly, I can only 'test' datacrons in squad arena where I have limited control over what team I might be facing. Why would I experiment and risk a loss in GAC or TW?

Experimenting is fun, and yet it's discouraged on penalty of a loss. No one wants to be the person that tried a weird counter and let the guild down in TW, or tried a weird counter and it cost them 500+ crystals in GAC. Without a sandbox mode, innovation is squelched and we all end up following the herd and doing the same thing all the time because it's safe.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ranzono
    454 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, we just want a sandbox so we can goof around when we feel like it
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    We?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    We?