596 posts Member
    edited May 1
    Options
    Whats the problem?
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    I guess the joke went over my head.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TargetEadu
    1596 posts Member
    Options
    Nah, the joke’s over Grand Inquisitor’s head.

And that’s impressive, he’s got a big head.
  • herd_nerfer
    1968 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get it - did you not know that JarJar was coming to the game?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Yeah, completely missing the point of this.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    Sumo_Sloth wrote: »
    Yeah, completely missing the point of this.

I’m guessing we’ll never know.
  • TargetEadu
    1596 posts Member
    Options
    I think the point is that for some reason JarJar’s on a new row, instead of adding to the one below. Which… is odd but not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.
  • Options
    The unfunny joke is that Jar Jar is a GL in CG's eyes. Seriously - who the hell is Jar Jar and the frog people taking on. Ridiculous.
  • herd_nerfer
    1968 posts Member
    Options
    But those aren't GL journeys? GL journeys are on a completely different tab. None of those characters in the image are GLs.

They took on the Separatists on their home planet of Naboo, btw. Star Wars, Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • LordDirt
    5052 posts Member
    Options
    Jar Jar and the Gungans play a huge role in the SW universe.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Whatelse73
    2192 posts Member
    Options
    They've injected so much RNG to the event that you don't want to play it.

Like, we spent money to get these characters R5 and you're spitting back in our faces with your garbage RNG rubbish.

For once maybe don't add 98% RNG to something in the game you release? The other 2% is a game breaking bug.

What the heck happened to releasing QUALITY and FUN? Seriously?
  • MasterSeedy
    5095 posts Member
    Options
    I heard that the first 4 parts are fine, only the 5th is RNG-dependent. Is that your experience, @Whatelse73 ?

I'm not defending RNG-dependent events (I made a HUGE deal out of the Aphra unlock solo-Hondo tier, carefully stepping through my reasoning) I'm just trying to get the feedback clear and understandable.
  • Whatelse73
    2192 posts Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    I heard that the first 4 parts are fine, only the 5th is RNG-dependent. Is that your experience, @Whatelse73 ?

I'm not defending RNG-dependent events (I made a HUGE deal out of the Aphra unlock solo-Hondo tier, carefully stepping through my reasoning) I'm just trying to get the feedback clear and understandable.

first tier is pretty easy. just attack. The 2nd to 4th the issues were that the AI kept targeting Jar Jar and the droidekas do their big hit, he dies, and you lose. That happened too often. (I have a tank, but he's useless because he doesn't have a taunt that sticks very long, seems like an issue.) Jar Jar is supposed to "Stun" any enemies with protection, but that move only stuns enemies WITHOUT protection, so the droidekas get stunned sometimes.

I'm on the 5th and it's worse RNG. I've gotten to the 2nd wave mostly, even putting arena / GL mods on the team, they still target jar jar way too often and he dies. A few times the B1 out of nowhere does a big AOE and my whole team goes bye bye. Even at full health and protection. If you mark B1 though, it goes away immediately and then ends up on nute or droideka.

It's just too much "RNG" and it's getting tiresome to have to deal with it over and over because CG is too lazy to come up with something other than "let's have the mission defeat if one character dies and have the AI target that character 25% of the time! Yay!"

I forgot to mention, CG has the shield generator as a higher priority target for the AI too (which we've already seen in other parts of the game) so the AI attacks the generator 2, 3, 6, 10 times in a row and once it is gone, your team pretty much just melts away. So yeah, it's an interesting mechanic, but CG made it the lazy way and so it's just a dumb worthless thing that lets you survive a little longer.

But what's the use of that CG when you program your AI to target it and they attack 2, 3, 5 times in a row with assists, bonus attacks, extra bonus attacks, your mom's attacks, and so on? It's gone before I'm even 3 turns in to wave 2 because of your RNG garbage and then my team gets melted.

Oh, I know! I'm supposed to take the whole team to R9 right CG? that'll make it easy!

I'm sure it works just fine with CG's 16 mil power roster though, which is why it's fine...
  • MasterSeedy
    5095 posts Member
    edited May 3
    Options
    If JarJar is an event toon and has to live, you can't even mod him differently. That's... severely annoying.

Thanks for your more detailed thoughts.
  • Whatelse73
    2192 posts Member
    Options
    If JarJar is an event toon and has to live, you can't even mod him differently. That's... severely annoying.

Thanks for your more detailed thoughts.

I finally got through it after another dozen attempts. Wave 2 is just crazy drawn out. after you kill all the other droids, a droideka spawns in and you have to take out nute twice just like normal. If you've survived wave 2 for over 5 minutes you might be okay and will get through it. It just takes a lot of time and energy.
  • Options
    Maybe Jar Jar is part of some crazy pyramid scheme.
  • MasterSeedy
    5095 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe JarJar is part of some evil plot to seize power over an entire galaxy.
  • Screerider
    1399 posts Member
    Options
    For years, the idea of Jar Jar being in SWGOH was often cringed at. I can imagine someone who took a break coming back and seeing Jar Jar in the Journey Guide would think it's a joke. That's all I got from the OP.