Anyone else see this as FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ?

FurytheOriginal
158 posts Member
edited May 3
t06ohsl1qrvk.png

This pic shows we will get 30-45 of Boss Nass BUT 40 of the others... then card 3 states "a BONUS 15 shards for Capt Tarpals, Gungan Boomadier and Phalanx!"

then they try to quantify it with "each character has an equal change to drop on this card"

So the picture and the initial description indicates we will get 40 for each then the last line changes that

Pretty slimy CG
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    the other gungans should show 25-40 NOT 40

CG should honor the 40 they advertised
  • FurytheOriginal
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Options
    Apparently the picture advertisement makes the entire pack fall under FTC deceptive business practices in the pictorial and television advertisement section of their guidelines

** ANY COMMENT FROM MODERATORS OR CG ? **
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options
    The top of the panel very clearly says "potential" drops. You have to read the description with probabilities to know what you're actually getting. Packs have been this way for years, and it's not false advertising, even if not very straightforward.
  • Tsfletch
    203 posts Member
    Options
    The most important thing you can learn before buying anything from CG is that you should never go by what’s pictured. Always read the text and assume you’re getting the very minimum when setting expectations. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    The top of the panel very clearly says "potential" drops. You have to read the description with probabilities to know what you're actually getting. Packs have been this way for years, and it's not false advertising, even if not very straightforward.

No where does it say 25 of each of the other gungans on the entire ad... no where at all only a chance for 15 bonus... no where does it state 25-40 on the other gungans... seems pretty slimy to me and I feel it meets these standards personally

An act or practice is deceptive where
    • A representation, omission, or practice misleads
    or is likely to mislead the consumer;
    • A consumer’s interpretation of the representation,
    omission, or practice is considered reasonable
    under the circumstances; and
    • The misleading representation, omission, or practice is material.
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

No where does it say 25 of each of the other gungans on the entire ad... no where at all only a chance for 15 bonus... no where does it state 25-40 on the other gungans... seems pretty slimy to me and I feel it meets these standards personally

It actually does say that. Card 1 is 20 shards of Nass, and 25 of each of the others. Card 2 gets you 10-25 shards of Nass (accounting for the 30-45 on the left), and Card 3 gives you 15 each of the other 3, which is why you see 40 on the left.

And then Card 4 is a chance for some other stuff.
  • Whatelse73
    2201 posts Member
    Options

If they knew about it last week, why didn't they clarify it in the pack description when you're ready to buy it? lol
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

If they knew about it last week, why didn't they clarify it in the pack description when you're ready to buy it? lol

Because they knew the picture was misleading they left it to sell more packs
  • StarSon
    7493 posts Member
    Options

It actually does say that. Card 1 is 20 shards of Nass, and 25 of each of the others. Card 2 gets you 10-25 shards of Nass (accounting for the 30-45 on the left), and Card 3 gives you 15 each of the other 3, which is why you see 40 on the left.

Ah, I see. They have the text wrong on the pack, but as mentioned clarified it on the forums. You found the forums, so presumably you could find that post. Not sure why they didn't update the text in game, but the clarification on their official forums negates any false advertisement claims.
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    Apparently the picture advertisement makes the entire pack fall under FTC deceptive business practices in the pictorial and television advertisement section of their guidelines

** ANY COMMENT FROM MODERATORS OR CG ? **

you are being super dramatic
  • Solemnz
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Options

Nope. Card 3 is only 15 shards for one of the characters. Why would they have a separate card to give you 15 shards of each when they could have just gave you 40 shards other than Nass it in the first card. They ARE pretty misleading and will continue to do so. And they will also cover themselves with the wordings to make sure you cant sue or appeal against your purchase. They're pretty deliberate about it the way I see it
    Post edited by Solemnz on
  • scuba
    14111 posts Member
    Options
    zcmdbjjkh9kg.jpg
    38whb8el9yd1.jpg
    So you can see the full text.

• scuba
    14111 posts Member
    edited May 2
    Options
    The most important part
    8zvq19xt3rkz.jpg
    vs
    xft8aqgbu71o.jpg

• scuba
    14111 posts Member
    Options

excm5qr82kw8.jpg

• Options
    scuba wrote: »

excm5qr82kw8.jpg

I'm guilty of not reading all the print.. I did not see the Card 1 description in full... I admit it... at the same time I fully paid attention to the picture display 30-45 of boss nass and 40 for the others... on a small cell phone its by far easier to see the larger picture than the small print to the side

DBP guidelines apply to material pictorial items
  • scuba
    14111 posts Member
    Options
    The only change I saw in the "clarification" is the
    and

should have been an
    or

for card 3.
  • Range1974
    913 posts Member
    Options
    Whenever CG releases a “too good to be true” pack but then it has a ton of confusing explanations, I automatically assume it is not going to award anything close to pictured. How many crystal pack sets have you only gotten a 5 when a 7 has the highest probability.
  • Screerider
    1431 posts Member
    Options
    packs, lol
  • Tsfletch
    203 posts Member
    Options
    I agree the pictures accompanying packs are often misleading and yes, imho it’s probably intentional. I’ve been burned as have many people. You’re mad, you’ve vented, it is what it is. Pursuing it any further is going to cause problems for you not for CG so it’s probably best to stop here. Just a piece of friendly advice, you do you.
  • Whatelse73
    2201 posts Member
    Options
    Their lawyers make more in an hour than you make in a year, so I doubt they care what you think. You can try to file a civil complaint, but good luck with that. The mouse will own your house, car, cat, and personal stationery before you wake up the next day.
  • crzydroid
    7364 posts Moderator
    Options
    No different than when a playset box shows a bunch of action figures and has to have the text saying they are sold separately. All the included shards and their odds are clearly written out in the text.

Is the picture meant to entice? Absolutely. Is it a lie? Not with the word 'potentially' over it. It is certainly a lot less misleading than the words the food industry can get away with--"homemade ice cream," etc. This pack hardly qualifies a false advertising in any rational context.
This discussion has been closed.