Do certain buffs increase other stats?

Ailly
14 posts Member
If a character gains Offense Up, does that increase critical damage as well? The reason I ask is because critical damage is calculated through Offense, so it makes sense to me that Offense would affect crits.

If the buffs dont affect other stats, do stat bonuses from leaders affect them? Say if Vader is lead, which grants +30% Offense, would that have an affect on critical damage?

Thank you!

Replies

• Winterwolves
    1793 posts Member
    Options
    Crit damage multiplies whatever damage you do.
    Offence determines the damage you do.
    Having a higher offence will result in more overall damage from any hit (crit or not).

But that crit damage multiplier is not any different after an offence up boost. Just the offence is higher.
  • TargetEadu
    1693 posts Member
    Options
    Different stats that act “similar” or lead to the same end result (damage/survivability) don’t generally interact.

There’s a few exceptions on specific characters who gain stats based on other stats (ie Gungans gaining Max Prot based on Max Health, or Sidious gaining Max Health based on Potency).

There’s also the exception of Mastery, which is one “stat” that provides boosts to a variety of other stats, depending on the character. So % Mastery increases actually will increase other stats like Offense or Protection or Accuracy. (Technically Mastery says that it increases “damage”, so it might not actually increase Offense, but I’d assume it does because that’s what Offense is.)
  • Ailly
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Crit damage multiplies whatever damage you do.
    Offence determines the damage you do.
    Having a higher offence will result in more overall damage from any hit (crit or not).

But that crit damage multiplier is not any different after an offence up boost. Just the offence is higher.
    Ahh i see, so if a character has Offense Up and Critical Damage Up, they will do more damage on a critical hit than if they only had one of those buffs, correct?

• Hortus
    653 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
  • Ailly
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Yes

Wow that’s really interesting! Thanks for that!

I do have one more question, why do character’s that dont deal Special damage have a Special damage number? For instance, TFP doesnt deal Special damage but he has it nonetheless
  • Options
    Ailly wrote: »
    Yes

I do have one more question, why do character’s that dont deal Special damage have a Special damage number? For instance, TFP doesnt deal Special damage but he has it nonetheless

It's just how they have the layout for stats. It would be more time consuming to have it tailored for each toon, rather just a blanket layout for everyone.(Yes yes they technically are tailored for each toon, with base stats and what increases, yadda yadda.) It is also future proofing and helps with things like siphon, the enemy has something to gain.
  • Ailly
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Ailly wrote: »
    Yes

It's just how they have the layout for stats. It would be more time consuming to have it tailored for each toon, rather just a blanket layout for everyone.(Yes yes they technically are tailored for each toon, with base stats and what increases, yadda yadda.) It is also future proofing and helps with things like siphon, the enemy has something to gain.

Ahhhh that makes sense, thank you for explaining 😊