Missing apple gift card promo rewards

Big_Poppa_Pump
4 posts Member
edited May 4
Hola!

Not sure if anyone has any info or way to help on this, but hey, its worth a shot!

I myself am an android user, but when I saw those sweet apple promos so decided to use the mRS device. Logged into the game via EA connect to get to my account, claimed the target gift cards which went to her appleID and then used those to purchase the LSBs that dropped today

4 hours later, no apple promo stuff

So yeah, if anyone has any ideas and/or feedback, please share!!
Post edited by Big_Poppa_Pump on

Replies

• OmegaIV
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I was on the phone with Apple for an hour.

The thing I missed is that you have to redeem the card in the APP STORE. Then it logs you into the game, and then while in game, it takes 2-3 minutes for it to kick in.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks, friend, I was on the phone with them to do this, and then I kept getting an error code saying I had hit the limit
  • Options
    I went through the process in the App Store and was given the screen to open the app. When I got the app open nothing happened. Tried the restore purchases but nothing has showed up yet. Can someone from ea look into this please.
  • Mosiley
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I’m on the same boat, I bought the equivalent in my country 600MXN which is the 50USD top tier rewards. I redeemed it without a problem and the message to get in game and claim my rewards popped. I got in game and nothing happened, so I tried doing the fake purchase trick and nothing happened. Finally I decided to wait a day to see if it was just a wait and get your rewards problem and yet again nothing happened.

My first thought was to contact EA support who told me to get in contact with Apple which I did, Apple looked into it and sent me a code to get my rewards, however when I tried claiming them a message appeared saying I already maxed my rewards for this promotion, after this Apple told me to contact EA and CG because this was no longer their problem since all they could do was sending me a link and the code.

EA support has been unhelpful since all they do is send me back to Apple, and at this point I’m convinced that it is a problem in game that isn’t showing the rewards for some odd reason. Please CG help us out, I bought those cards to purchase the LSB and get some extra rewards as a bonus.
  • Options
    Having the same problem. Was on the phone with Apple support for 2 hours and I’ve spent 2 days going back and forth in text with them, same story with EA in game support just no phone call. Both are telling me to message the other and that they can’t do anything or refund me. Currently 40 phalanx shards away from getting jar jar and could really use the crystals so if anyone at CG could help would really appreciate it.
  • Options
    I am happy to hear that I am not the only one dealing with this!

I had the same experience with Apple, gave me some codes over the phone and received the same message. Ive opened a ticket with EA help, hoping that can possibly get us somewhere. It seems like its on their end
  • Decicrim
    239 posts Member
    Options
    I am happy to hear that I am not the only one dealing with this!

I had the same experience with Apple, gave me some codes over the phone and received the same message. Ive opened a ticket with EA help, hoping that can possibly get us somewhere. It seems like its on their end

good luck, it's been 8 days and 8 different people giving me different responses 16Hrs apart, or reinteratinting the same info, my$25card worked fine my $50 card i got all the prompts but just no rewards delivered, so far I have been told:

- don't worry i'll help you get rewards
    - your account has received both rewards already, tried to close ticket (no i had not got rewards hence help ticket) this also acknowledges they know my $50 card was valid
    - It should work if u bought in active region and retailer (it was, i got the redeem rewards prompt)
    - restart the phone and restore purchases (for the 20th time)
    - are you using an emulator (no)
    - please try restore purchases it should work, if card was valid on correct apple ID, and contact Apple Support
    - please try restore purchases it should work, if card was valid on correct apple ID,

this is the worst support ever, they have gone backwards from acknowledging my card was good and their system said it sent rewards, to well it would work if the card was good. I've asked to be escalated to a manager, still waiting 8 days later for a resolve
  • Options
    Yeah im going to keep plugging away and hopefully it gets resolved

I would have never bought the giftcards if I thought it was going to turn into this kind of clown fiesta
  • Decicrim
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Well finally 9 days later a response with substance. But still unsure where this lies dev or helpdesk, will they be able to give us the missing rewards once the promotion ends if it takes that long? @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you shed any light for those facing this issue of not receiving Apple gift card rewards
    8xchzujyympt.png

• Heshtron
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Ensure you’re signed in game with apple. Fixed my issue.

1. Redeem in IApp store your gift card
    2. A prompt appears (in app store) saying a promo with SWGOH is available. Click open.
    3. It logs you in SWGOH app. (If your crystals aren’t there, go in settings, connect, click connect with apple ID.)
    4. An in-game prompt appeared for my crystals.

It worked for me, hope it helps ladies and gents.
  • rrrrra
    1 posts Member
    Options
    It didn't work for me.
    1. I redeemed the $50 gift card in the apple store app.
    2. The prompt appeared with the button to redeem the promotion.
    3. When I hit the redeem button, it gave me an error message saying something like the offer is currently not available and to wait for an email that should arrive within 7 days with details on how to redeem.
    4. If I try to close this screen, I'm told "if you close the screen you won't be able to redeem this offer later".
    5. So I kept the screen open in the store app. Next time I went back to that app, the promotion screen closed anyway.
    6. EA help have not responded (this was yesterday).
    7. The apple card was successfully added to my account. Apple already successfully charged me for some subscription from those funds.

Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Options
    RRRRRRRRA

My story is more or less the same, bought cards and added them to balance. Then I received a prompt that said I would be receiving bonus stuff, never had the app store option appear.

No gifts arrived

Contacted apple support, they gave me a few new codes to try, received a prompt that said I had maxed the amount of redemptions.

Opened a ticket with EAhelp, they told me today there is no history of purchases with Apple giftcards on my account.

Whelp, guess I can go ahead and refund them since the purchases never happened, lmao
  • Decicrim
    239 posts Member
    Options
    Well day 11 and 1step forward 2 steps back!!!!!

They acknowledge again my card was good, and said I received when I redeemed WHICH I DID NOT… this is the second time they have tried to close ticket with same response.oobdpuaejv4q.png