Zeta drops..

Baddy
22 posts Member
Will I miss zeta drops? I didn’t get the message about extra zeta drops ingame like other people got..

b1y2bz4ocqqq.png

Replies

• crzydroid
    7400 posts Moderator
    Options
    Do you have Cal requirements at 7 stars? If so, you'll get zetas; otherwise, you get the character shards.
  • Baddy
    22 posts Member
    Options
    No, but other people in my guild, also without a 7 star toon, got the message…
  • MasterSeedy
    5216 posts Member
    Options
    Double check with them, @Baddy .

There is a difference between having Jedi Cal at 7 stars and having the baby Cal at 7 stars.

If you have Baby Cal at 7*, you will get zetas even if you don't have Jedi Cal. I know it's confusing b/c they are 2 different versions of the same character, but the bonus shard drops are for BabyCal, and therefore the toon you have to have at 7* to get zetas is BabyCal, not Jedi.
  • Baddy
    22 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah.. he got 330 shards..didn’t star him, the needed shards..i guess that counts as well
  • Options
    Having to have Cal at 7* is rubbish, people in my guild dont have Cal at 7* and they are getting bonus Zeta drops. im not getting anything either
  • Options
    We also have people in our guild that arent even getting the bonus shard drops and they have the characters so something isn't right.
  • Options

There is a difference between having Jedi Cal at 7 stars and having the baby Cal at 7 stars.

If you have Baby Cal at 7*, you will get zetas even if you don't have Jedi Cal. I know it's confusing b/c they are 2 different versions of the same character, but the bonus shard drops are for BabyCal, and therefore the toon you have to have at 7* to get zetas is BabyCal, not Jedi.

Where does it state that Cal Kestis must be at 7* to unlock the bonus Zeta drops......????
  • TargetEadu
    1683 posts Member
    Options
    You need to have at least one of JKCK’s requirements at 7 star to unlock the zetas, is my understanding.

So any one or more of Cal Kestis (not JKCK), Cere Junda, Merrin, Tarfful, or Saw Gerrera.
  • TargetEadu
    1683 posts Member
    Options

Where does it state that Cal Kestis must be at 7* to unlock the bonus Zeta drops......????

That’s how it usually works. Generally a character shard bonus drop runs at the same time as the zeta bonus drops, and you get the zeta bonus drops instead if you have the specific character already maxed on shards at 7 star.

It’s a bit different this time, because there’s 5 running at once. As for where it’s stated, I assume that the Zeta Chase message is only sent if you’re elligible. Could be that something’s wrong with that system. Screenshots would help.
  • Options
    I did not get the bonus cantina kyro drops on Merrin during the last event. I got her to 7 stars, and zetas drop from the cantina nodes for this event. Merrin and Cere are the only characters I had 7 stars before this drop. Dark Side normal energy nodes give me nothing extra, while the other types all offer the bonus shard chance. It simply depends on whether you have Merrin at 7 or not.
  • TargetEadu
    1683 posts Member
    Options
    Darviathar wrote: »
    I did not get the bonus cantina kyro drops on Merrin during the last event. I got her to 7 stars, and zetas drop from the cantina nodes for this event. Merrin and Cere are the only characters I had 7 stars before this drop. Dark Side normal energy nodes give me nothing extra, while the other types all offer the bonus shard chance. It simply depends on whether you have Merrin at 7 or not.

I have both Merrin shards and Zetas on Cantina. No Merrin at 7 stars (though I could bring her to 7 stars by now), but I have Cal and Cere 7 stars.
  • Screerider
    1467 posts Member
    Options
    There were extra Zeta drops?
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    There were extra Zeta drops?

Only for people with Phalanx Omi.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Screerider
    1467 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm behind cuz I'm getting them today.
  • Bander71
    27 posts Member
    Options
    You needed Merrin at 7 star as it was in the cantina. I missed kyros last time but I had gotten her to 7 now so I got zetas.
  • Options
    Way to exclude tons of players, for what exactly? Cuz, reasons... Really obnoxious being excluded from the most critical ability mat because I didn't know what I needed to do to qualify, punishment for just farming the wrong thing at the wrong time. Terrible business decision. Or great decision if you're trying to get rid of tons of players. Literally the most important thing in the game for me at the point I'm at. But hey at least I got a couple Merrin shards, smh. Dirtbag decision. It's like sitting at the door at a school and just randomly deciding to give everyone that wore a red shirt $100, while everyone that just happened to wear a different color was told to "move along." Great way to really annoy a lot of people. If I'd have known, I'd have worn the red shirt, smh. If I'd have known, I'd have farmed the characters needed to get the freaking zeta drops.
  • Options
    BigJohnson wrote: »
    Way to exclude tons of players, for what exactly? Cuz, reasons... Really obnoxious being excluded from the most critical ability mat because I didn't know what I needed to do to qualify, punishment for just farming the wrong thing at the wrong time. Terrible business decision. Or great decision if you're trying to get rid of tons of players. Literally the most important thing in the game for me at the point I'm at. But hey at least I got a couple Merrin shards, smh. Dirtbag decision. It's like sitting at the door at a school and just randomly deciding to give everyone that wore a red shirt $100, while everyone that just happened to wear a different color was told to "move along." Great way to really annoy a lot of people. If I'd have known, I'd have worn the red shirt, smh. If I'd have known, I'd have farmed the characters needed to get the freaking zeta drops.

The last time they did the Zeta event it was a disaster because the majority did not have Cal Ketis at seven-star. I think the timing of the announcement could have been better but the requirements were an improvement. I feel like any announcement for the double drop, zeta crunch, character shards, kyros, or anythe thing should be announced on the first week of every month so that players know what is to come and start hoarding resources.
  • Options

The point was to incentivize people to finish the Jedi Cal requirements. Events come up all the time that are targeted at players that fit certain conditions. It's not a new thing - and it will almost certainly happen again. Everyone that spent energy got free stuff. That's a good thing by any measure.
  • StarSon
    7538 posts Member
    Options

The point was to incentivize people to finish the Jedi Cal requirements. Events come up all the time that are targeted at players that fit certain conditions. It's not a new thing - and it will almost certainly happen again. Everyone that spent energy got free stuff. That's a good thing by any measure.

Not even that. It was most likely to just help people get those Cal requirements since he'll be permanent next month, and for everyone that did already we get something too.
  • Options
    It is also about incentivizing ppl to farm the shards in first year instead of waiting for them to go double drops which are supposed to be for helping newer players catch up. At 1 shard drops on ls/ds/fleet nodes it takes about 6 months and requires between 4500 & 7200 crystal worth of energy refreshes depending on node cost. Figure 8 or so characters a year on those nodes and those costs add up. Ppl waiting a year save half that cost(over the year approximately 25k not including cantina node farms add approximately another 25k for those 4 or so)but miss out on things like zeta bonus drops, not having new meta capitalship/GL requirements and targeted raid/gc/events and their corresponding rewards. Yes it is definitely more frugal to wait for double drops on the farm but I would rather get the extras for having the complete roster done when it’s needed as I feel the rewards from those outweighs the early farming costs.
  • Options
    It is also about incentivizing ppl to farm the shards in first year instead of waiting for them to go double drops which are supposed to be for helping newer players catch up. At 1 shard drops on ls/ds/fleet nodes it takes about 6 months and requires between 4500 & 7200 crystal worth of energy refreshes depending on node cost. Figure 8 or so characters a year on those nodes and those costs add up. Ppl waiting a year save half that cost(over the year approximately 25k not including cantina node farms add approximately another 25k for those 4 or so)but miss out on things like zeta bonus drops, not having new meta capitalship/GL requirements and targeted raid/gc/events and their corresponding rewards. Yes it is definitely more frugal to wait for double drops on the farm but I would rather get the extras for having the complete roster done when it’s needed as I feel the rewards from those outweighs the early farming costs.

Also, you miss out on all the benefits from early(ish) adoption of the new characters - galactic challenges, conquest, GAC and TW advantages - generally speaking if you're in a position to farm the new stuff as soon as it drops, you're much better off farming it as quickly as you can. Not everyone can do that, but that's always my goal and it's served me well. Waiting for a character to become accelerated just to play the hyper-efficiency game of getting them at the lowest cost, has no real long term benefit considering everything you miss in the first year of release for any character.