Duel of the Fates -- Shard distribution

I'm interested in what people are seeing in terms of which character drops, but since t2 also provides a variable number of shards, it might be good to track that as well.

For t1 I got 3x POW (7 shards each, there is no variance in shards for t1)

For t2 I got 2x POW (one 15 shards, one I forgot to look) and 1x MQG (10 shards)

It's the 5 of one toon and only 1 of the other that I found particularly interesting. If that holds, then you don't actually want to do as many refreshes, since one toon will 7-Star early and the other won't ever make it to 7*, you'll be paying massive numbers of crystals for a lot of Shard Shop Currency.

n = 6 is far too few trials to make any accurate estimates about the actual frequencies of one toon vs. another (or 15 shards vs 12 or 10), but maybe crowdsourcing a bit we can have data in the first 2-3 days that allows us to make better decisions for the lest 3-5.

Replies

• Egnards
    30 posts Member
    Options
    I received 7 of each on T1 refreshing the event a single time - it actually does not appear very advantageous to refresh t2 as there is a greater than zero chance to have a worse ROI than just buying shards directly - obviously we’ll know the EV in the future, but as of right now.

I will note that if possible it is highly advantageous for players not yet at 5 stars to spend crystals to get them to 5 if they can do so before their first day reset.

That’ll add an additional 80-120 shards [assuming they need both characters which is reasonable] from t2 over the course of the 7 day event
  • Options
    Since refreshes reset at your daily reset, you’ll get 8 free runs. Got 7 pow and 15 mqj. As I only need mqj I will not be refreshing. After the 15 I need 121 more mgj and assuming a 50-50 split I’ll get 63-80 mqj shards. If I’m very lucky I might 7*. If I’m unlucky I’ll need fewer than I can buy in one set of weekly shipments once I have the crystals
  • Options
    7 POW and 10 POW for me and I don’t think it’s worth to refresh it - 71-100 crystals per shard doesn’t look like a great deal
  • Taliana
    74 posts Member
    Options
    I’m at 7* MQG and need POW. Of course I only got MQG drops ;-)
    Not worth it for me to refresh either, since it is essentially half the value. If I buy it would be through shipments. I actually came over to look at the rewards structure to see if it is worth buying shipments for the gear tiers….. since 7* POW basically means jump to r7.
  • nottenst
    725 posts Member
    Options
    Now they put out an announcement that it is not supposed to have a daily reset. So, one free go is it. That changes the calculations.
  • Options
    I find it hilarious that they hide behind "too big a workload" to fix Dathomir within a month but fix the daily reset timer for the new AB within hours. Just incredible
  • LordI
    73 posts Member
    edited June 24
    Options
    When GG immortal or other bugs no solution in weeks.
    Now, running for a fix AFTER PEOPLE SPENDING RESOURCES.
    This is a sit
    This game sucks
  • LordDirt
    5170 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    But why are we getting shards for just one toon. It doesn't say this anywhere so we should be getting forms for both toons
  • Taliana
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah…. That makes it 100% NOT worth rushing since it will not give me any cost savings over shipments. I will finish off my bonus drops, see where I am, and decide whether to push for the other tiers by the end of the week or wait for farming after I do a better value calculation on the rewards.
  • Skynobi
    35 posts Member
    Options
    But why are we getting shards for just one toon. It doesn't say this anywhere so we should be getting forms for both toons

It said POW shards OR MQG shards on the info release
  • Options
    Without 1 free refresh per day, I agree with @Taliana : there's no point. Even the t1 refreshes are 71 crystals/shard -- this is barely better than buying from shipments AND it can't finish your toons if you started additive drops from 40-50/65 the way most people did.

It's interesting that when the new marquee system was first implemented, I praised it.

But now we have a complicated marquee event that forces you to go back once every 24 hours for a week, then a wait, then additive drops, then an Assault Battle, and we still have no idea when the raid will drop.

I was initially all in on doing what it takes to 7* and r8 MQG and POW for day one of the raid. I'm not the raid officer of my guild, but I'm ... official cheerleader, I guess? That comes closest to describing my role. I try to post encouragement and reminders and walk people through the raid mechanics whenever they ask. I thought it would be a bad look for me to start the new raid with less than a full set of the required toons at r8.

Now?

Now I'm just wanting a marquee event that I only have to do once, a single wait, and then drop the toon on a hard node where I can calculate the time-to-7-star more reliably than this crazy, ever-changing schedule.

You had me, CG. I was giving the new marquee system a chance. But you lost me. I'm not interested in doing this kind of thing ever again. I'm certainly not rewarding you with more crystal spending on these ABs.
  • Options
    Tier 1-7 QGJ
    Tier 2-15 QGJ

No refreshes.
  • Range1974
    924 posts Member
    edited June 25
    Options
    Day 1
    T1 7 POW (mine is already R8)
    T2 15 MQG (mine is 6-star only)

Day 2
    Sim results
    T1 7 POW
    T2 15 MQG
    Post edited by Range1974 on
  • mariogsh
    809 posts Member
    Options
    I need my MQG to be at 5* to participate on T2, of course the game is only going to give me POW shards lol

6 tries on T1 so far, 5 times POW shards, 1 time MQG