Someone explain...

Timitock
2844 posts Member
... why pilots are better shots than soldiers?

As a former US Army Airborne Infantry Ranger, this really kinda bugs me.

Troopers/soldiers get WAY more small arms practice than pilots.

Replies

• Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Stormtroops aim to miss.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    ... why pilots are better shots than soldiers?

As a former US Army Airborne Infantry Ranger, this really kinda bugs me.

Troopers/soldiers get WAY more small arms practice than pilots.

Former 101st here, you?

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    C Co 1/504 PIR 82nd Airborne

Red Devils

Rangers lead the way
  • Options
    B Co 3/187 Rakkasan.
    Ne Desit Virtus

Hooah
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Hooah
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    It's EA's game. I like the fact that pilots are the best shots. Some people will whine about anything...
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I thought the same thing. It's like FOTP is shooting you with a Tie Fighter cannon.
  • Options
    Thanks for your service both of you.

Yes it is a bit odd. If you look at the movies though the Storm Troopers could not hit the broad side of a barn 5 feet in front of thjem, yet pilots get their targets very nicely. It meets the movie flow.

Look at it though also Mace hits like a wimp, and a bug and a pilot and non jedi 1hko. Luke has a gun, is slow, and not viable.
  • Options
    Stormtroopers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    1/325 AIR Red Falcon 82nd ABN
    All the Way
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    JoshG wrote: »
    It's EA's game. I like the fact that pilots are the best shots. Some people will whine about anything...

You can stick that whine up your butt.

It was a casual observation about things not making sense, asking for clarification.

Also, Stormtroopers are not the only soldiers in GoH.
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options

Keyboard warrior calls soldiers whiners... #ThugLife
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options

It was a casual observation about things not making sense, asking for clarification.

It's a game not real life. Get over it. Btw I am just responding to your post with the same respect that you choose to show everyone else here.
  • Options
    Zemyn wrote: »

Keyboard warrior calls soldiers whiners... #ThugLife

+1000. Probably my favorite comment I've ever read here. I'm still chuckling.

Also, thanks for the service, guys.

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

It's a game not real life. Get over it. Btw I am just responding to your post with the same respect that you choose to show everyone else here.

Sorry, I didnt know you were speaking for everyone on the forums... when was the election?

Also, when people make several whiny posts on the same topic, I tell them to shut up, because they are just killing other peoples mood. Misery loves company, and some of you kids just LOVE to be miserable about EVERYTHING.

Heads up. Its a game and its free.

Not having fun? Dont play.

Quit trying to ruin other peoples fun and I have nothing to say to you.