Borrowed Heroes

I'm not certain where best to put this thread, but general discussion seemed best.

I'm rather frustrated with the borrow hero function particularly in LSB/DSB. Having 20+ people on your allies list, but never seeing more than a couple available for any given battle and having 90% of the random choices at max level but grey gear level makes the feature essentially pointless. This combined with the fact that if said useless character dies you won't get a 3-star rating and therefore cannot Sim it at a later date is infuriating.

It would be nice to see the ally list heroes actually show up and/or filter random allies based on your own team's gear/star/level.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    If your ally is the only one to die, you will still get 3*.

You can only use a given ally a limited number of times per day.

You can have 35 allies, and pending requests count, so invite more.
  • Options
    If you play a gear challenge (Int, Str, or Agi only) it will reset your borrowed allies. So it's great to play some LS/DS missions, do one of those challenges, and then you'll have all the best Heros to borrow again.

That's why it's great to stagger your challenges throughout the day instead of doing them all at once.

This does not work with the bounty hunter, training droid, or ability mat challenges.

Hope that helps - happy gaming!
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    If you play a gear challenge (Int, Str, or Agi only) it will reset your borrowed allies. So it's great to play some LS/DS missions, do one of those challenges, and then you'll have all the best Heros to borrow again.

That's why it's great to stagger your challenges throughout the day instead of doing them all at once.

This does not work with the bounty hunter, training droid, or ability mat challenges.

This I did not know.
  • Guardias
    58 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've had numerous battles end with a 2-star because only the ally died so don't spread false information.

That is some useful information Awakened, thank you.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

This I did not know.

Here's the thread I learned it from:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/19343/borrow-a-hero-tips-mechanics-explained/p1

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I have had several early level 3* wins with a dead ally. If this has changed, I am unaware of it. I have 3* all missions except the last DS Hard node.

There is and end-of-battle star award that will only show 2* completion, but it gets completed on the table at 3*, same as if you resurrected someone.

Also, that was pretty snarky for someone asking for advice.

I will withhold any future advice, as it seems you were asking rhetorically.
  • Options
    Guardias wrote: »
    I've had numerous battles end with a 2-star because only the ally died so don't spread false information.

That doesn't happen unless you came across an awful bug. Looks like you are the one who's spreading false information.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Plague_Inc wrote: »

That doesn't happen unless you came across an awful bug. Looks like you are the one who's spreading false information.

No, man, he knows better, so just... let him be right to himself.
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    Plague_Inc wrote: »

No, man, he knows better, so just... let him be right to himself.

Your kind of ****-hattery is why I tend to avoid forums. Getting attacked for having a different experience than someone else is far too common. I've had this bug, if that's what it is, happen a number of times and it is exceptionally frustrating; almost as frustrating as having to deal with your kind of forum goer.

Thank you for the tips to the helpful ones and to the others...well i won't be hearing from you again. G'day
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Nobody likes to be wrong.

I am sure you will move past it eventually.