Need help with Team Ideas. Starting to struggle a little bit.

Candyman5OS
10 posts Member
edited December 2015
I have done all my daily's since I started the game and am on day 20 for daily log in rewards. Currently player level 47. I LOVE THIS GAME, LOL.

My current Roster as of now is:
  • 4* Lando - lvl 46/Gear lvl 4
  • 4* Captain Phasma - lvl 43/Gear lvl 5
  • 3* Count Dooku - lvl 45/Gear lvl 6
  • 3* Stormtrooper Han - lvl 45/Gear lvl 4
  • 3* General Veers - lvl 44/Gear lvl 2
  • 3* Talia - lvl 43/Gear lvl 5
  • 3* Jedi Consular - lvl 41/Gear lvl 5
  • 3* Clone Wars Chewy - lvl 42/Gear lvl 4
  • 3* Luke Skywalker - lvl 39/Gear lvl 3
  • 3* Jawa - lvl 33/Gear lvl 3
  • 2* First Order TIE Pilot - lvl 40/Gear lvl 4
  • 2* Ahsoka Tano - lvl 39/Gear lvl 3
  • 2* Resistance Trooper - lvl 37/Gear lvl 2
  • 2* Ewok Scout - lvl 31/Gear lvl 3
  • 2* First Order Stormtrooper - lvl 31/Gear lvl 3
  • 2* Teebo - lvl 31/Gear lvl 3
  • 2* Ewok Elder - lvl 1/Gear lvl 1 (Must of just got this guy, never noticed him until now)
  • 1* Royal Guard - lvl 41/Gear lvl 3
  • 1* Snowtrooper - lvl 33/Gear lvl 3
  • 1* Clone Sergeant - Phase 1 - lvl 31/Gear lvl 4

My usual team when doing Arena and other stuff that allows me to use light and dark side characters together usually is:

Combo Team:
Chewy as leader - Level 4 Wookies Resolve
Phasma
Lando
Talia (Alternates with Jedi Consular)
Count Dooku

It does kind of well but I was looking through my character lists and I see a bunch of combinations that might work but then end up failing.

As for Progress I am:

Cantina Battles: I have 3* on all level 1 and only completed Battle A on level 2.

Dark Side Battles: I have 3* all levels 1-3 and 3* all on level 4 but 4-H through 4-L. Im stuck on 4-L and cant seem to get past it atm.

Dark Side Team:
Count Dooku as Leader - Level 4 Master Tactican
Captain Phasma
First Order TIE Pilot
General Veers
Talia

Light Side Battles: I have 3* all levels 1-3 and have 3* on all level 4 but 4-F through 4-L. I havent attempted those levels yet but if its anything like the Dark Side ones I probably wont make it far.

Light Side Team:
Chewy as leader - Level 4 Wookie Resolve
Han Solo
Jedi Consular
Jawa
Lando

*Im currently using my Arena Points on Dark Sidious since he seems like a boss. Lol.
*Cantina Points I was getting Poe Dameron (At 30 of 50 for him) but after playing I might need to consider going after CT-5555 Fives instead.
*For Galactic War I am targeting Captian Phasma so I can upgrade her level.
*For Hard Battles I am alternating between getting Chewy and Rey tokens.

Like I said previously above any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Options
    As for the shards of characters I dont have yet:
    • Greedo 24/25
    • Poe Dameron 30/50
    • Darth Vader 43/80
    • Darth Sidious 40/80
    • Qui-Gon Jinn 10/25
    • Geonosian Soldier 3/10
    • Tusken Raider 12/50
    • Asajj Ventress 10/50
    • Grand Moff Tarkin 10/80
    • Savage Opress 5/50
    • Kylo Ren 7/80
    • Admiral Ackbar 5/80
    • Luminara Unduli 3/50
    • Mace Windu 4/80
  • Options
    m8 Make Phasma leader and you can see your Dooku hits 4 times in a row.Get lumi and sid and you'l be fine. Get rid of the chewy. Put phasma as leader, her leader skill is op. Get Boba/Fives/Daka from Cantina and you are good to go.
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    m8 Make Phasma leader and you can see your Dooku hits 4 times in a row.Get lumi and sid and you'l be fine. Get rid of the chewy. Put phasma as leader, her leader skill is op. Get Boba/Fives/Daka from Cantina and you are good to go.

Why is Chewy not considered very good? His leader Ability seem like it would increase survivability a lot.

Also if I get rid of chewy atm and use Phasma as my Leader then who should I replace chewy with for now with what I got or should I keep him for now for the tanking ability?
  • Options
    The most important table is gw. If you not able to complete it, your progress will be slow.

Get lumi & daka. Train ewok elder.

Chewy, consular & talia need to be 4*

For arena I suggest sid, lando, lumi, phasma, luke.
  • Candyman5OS
    10 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    The most important table is gw. If you not able to complete it, your progress will be slow.

Get lumi & daka. Train ewok elder.

Chewy, consular & talia need to be 4*

For arena I suggest sid, lando, lumi, phasma, luke.

Dang, I have yet to complete the GW yet. :(
  • Options
    In arena just stay in top 500.

Mission energy stricly for gear. Stop farming hard mode for shard. Except you're farming dooku to 4. If close, continue & stop.

Those 9 char need to be gear vi except elder. Only 5 arena team goes purple.

Once chewy talia jc 4, farm luke to 7.

Refill cantina once a day for minimum I shipment. Balance crystal for mission refill.

Buy all gear shipment everytime it refresh.

Train han, fo trooper, teebo, royal guard to 40+ gear iv as cannon fodder.

Continue lvl fo pilot, resistant trooper, jawa, asoka. Their lvl can lag behind around 5-7 lvl. When face strong team with glass cannon send them in to take 1 out and retreat.

Good luck

• Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I understand why people say going for gear is best...but I have focused all my energy on the hard mission shards I want and still have 3 basically gear capped (missing like 5 of one thing here or some levels there) and I am only just 54, the others I use are all very close...however the shards im farming...I still am not close to having what I need, not even a little bit...

So sure you get more power in the short run but you only get 3 of each hard mission a day, so in the long run you slow down your shard gain by weeks, when you can farm gear anyway (I go only for like 8 people, the rest I spend on gear, dont be toooo greedy) and still be gear capped by the time you hit 60. Not only that...doing the hard missions themselves often gives most of gear you will need.

So if you have no way of gaining shards for the people you like (as in you dont spend loads of money on packs) I think you really put yourself behind, because it is soooooooooo much quicker to get gear cap than it is to get shard cap from 3 missions a day (usually 1-2 shards).

I think your problem is you are gearing up people that will never be used/useful with it that you likely do not ever intend to shard...stop wasting your gear on people unless you plan to use it! :D I am not 100% but I think many low level items are craftable reagents later on.
  • Options
    In arena just stay in top 500.

Mission energy stricly for gear. Stop farming hard mode for shard. Except you're farming dooku to 4. If close, continue & stop.

Those 9 char need to be gear vi except elder. Only 5 arena team goes purple.

Once chewy talia jc 4, farm luke to 7.

Refill cantina once a day for minimum I shipment. Balance crystal for mission refill.

Buy all gear shipment everytime it refresh.

Train han, fo trooper, teebo, royal guard to 40+ gear iv as cannon fodder.

Continue lvl fo pilot, resistant trooper, jawa, asoka. Their lvl can lag behind around 5-7 lvl. When face strong team with glass cannon send them in to take 1 out and retreat.

Good luck

Im usually in the 900's in Arena unfortunately. Cant seem to get higher atm.

Im at 16/30 for dooku so is that close enough?

Which 9 characters need to be level 6 gear? Lumi, Daka, Chewy, Consular, Talia, Sid, Lando, Phasma and Luke?

Refill Cantina? Like with my Crystals? What you mean Balance crystal for mission refill. (Sorry for the questions)

I already buy all Shipments except the ones that cost Crystals.

What you mean han, FO Trooper, Teebo and Royal Guard for cannon fodder exactly?

Thats a great idea, btw I didnt even know you could retreat until today. FML.

I also purchased my first thing in this game today, it was the crystals for 4.99 that give you a daily amount for 7 days I think. Had 6 bucks in my google wallet so figured why not.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    There are GW guides on this forum, think some are still on first page atm (or on general discussion lol...). For me I was able to complete GW using a couple of retreats with just Chewie (lead) jc talia ewok elder + 1 other. You can probably make a stronger something then that, chewie is maybe not the best, but he can taunt often and keep himself healed up. Now it is easier but I play with like 4 healers and Ahsoka...and well as long as nobody dies (and well if they do you can revive them with ewok elder so basically as long as he does not die)...you cannot fail to complete it :D, takes me less then an hour every day.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    There's a lot here, and you seem to be mostly F2P, so my general advice would be as follows.
    First, pick 5 or 6 characters to focus on and start out putting your resources into those. They should be ones that provide utility and power, and can be leveled up quickly. You're looking for synergy but also chars that are just good on their own.
    The best places for reliable shard farming are Galactic War, Arena shipments, and Cantina shipments (but Cantina only gives you a decent amount if you are willing to recharge once a day, preferably twice). GW is the best when you get good at it, because it is 15 shards per day. Arena is nicely structured so even if you only stay in the top 1000, you get 500 tokens plus 100 for the daily which is equivalent to 7.5 shards a day.
    The usual advice for first characters in GW and Arena are Luminara and Darth Sidious. Both are solid and useful choices. Luminara can enhance any team. Even if you only get through the first 6 fights each day you can unlock her in a little over a week. She will then help you progress further. Sid you are already working on, keep at it.
    Of the chars you already have, the most important are probably Phasma, Dooku, Talia, JC and Chewy. All can be farmed slowly, and Talia and JC are healers, which is important. Dooku is strong, and worth slowly getting up to 4*. Phasma has a great leader ability if you bump it up.
    Cantina offers several choices, both for shards you can get doing the missions, and for shipments. For missions, I recommend doing JC as much as possible to star him up to at least 5*, he will help you a lot. For shipments, Old Daka is another healer who has a stun, CT-5555 Fives is a tank with counter-attack, Boba is a tank with ability block and Poe is a tank with taunt and expose. Poe is more of an advanced character and probably needs to be high-starred to work well. Boba works best in a high-crit team. I would probably suggest Old Daka or Fives to start.
    Do all your dailies and decide where to spend your crystals carefully. The two 50-crystal regular energy recharges are worth doing. Do the 100-crystal Cantina recharge if you can.
    Hope this helps a bit.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Ewok Elder will be your sleeper hit. Trust me when saying try your damndest to get him to 7*
    Your teams are fine, they just need to be higher level and/or geared up. if Youre struggling that means your power isn't high enough. You'd be surprised what an extra level or adding an extra 200 power can do espcially with the NPC battles.
  • Options
    I had another question, whats the best method of leveling someone up. Not to sure how the mechanics of this work, I am talking about the lvl cap of a character and not the training droids.

Also are the T5 training droids worth the 60 Crystals?
  • Options
    I had another question, whats the best method of leveling someone up. Not to sure how the mechanics of this work, I am talking about the lvl cap of a character and not the training droids.

I buy the droids on occasion but not often. Overall, they are worth it but that's an energy refill also.

The rest of the tips here are good. Choose a core and you'll rise in arena and clear GW which will speed you up heaps.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

I buy the droids on occasion but not often. Overall, they are worth it but that's an energy refill also.

The rest of the tips here are good. Choose a core and you'll rise in arena and clear GW which will speed you up heaps.

Im trying to follow the tips here but I just seem to keep failing at the Galaxy war. I also just unlocked Qui-Gon Jinn now. Got him out of a pack. Lol.
  • BNCS
    75 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    imgur.com/eBrdXNf

Hello All!

First of all sorry about my low english level. :-D

So I have played with this game now 1 month ago, and I really love it! I'm not abig spender, I tired my luck a couple times with chro data, but not anymore.

This is my all characters, and now I'm a little bit become confused! :-) I have no idea where to lead my "empire" now.. _) So a couple advices would welcome here!

With my five best on my server I can stay in the TOP 100 ( mostly between 30-70 ).

Before anything I'll finish farming my Sid, Lumi, Boba, Consular till 7 starts, but after that, I wish to try something different squad combo.

I have a couple plan about my new squad, but I would like to hear your opinions. What do would like to to in my position? I'm thinked about : Fett, Cad bane, Greedo, FO TIE, Lumi team, but ..Unfortunaly we cant farm Cad Bane..what a pity. So guys lets give me some ideas.

Thank your all comment, and sorry about my english again. :-D

• Options
    Lumi and Sid first! Luke is also good..I have him at 4*, gear 6, lvl 53 and he can crit 4k
    "...I think I just blasted it." | Ally Code: 183-341-914 | Member of The New Rebellion | Youtube
  • Options
    I just got Barriss Offee 4* out of a pack, she considered pretty decent?
  • Options
    Bariss is outstanding for GW, but somewhat a liability in Arena in my opinion. She's absolutely worth gearing up though.
  • Options
    I got Sid and Lumi now. :D

Been running team of Sid, Lumi, Dooku, Lando, Phasma.

Seems to be doing well and I just beat the GW for the first time. :)

• Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    I understand why people say going for gear is best...but I have focused all my energy on the hard mission shards I want and still have 3 basically gear capped (missing like 5 of one thing here or some levels there) and I am only just 54, the others I use are all very close...however the shards im farming...I still am not close to having what I need, not even a little bit...

So sure you get more power in the short run but you only get 3 of each hard mission a day, so in the long run you slow down your shard gain by weeks, when you can farm gear anyway (I go only for like 8 people, the rest I spend on gear, dont be toooo greedy) and still be gear capped by the time you hit 60. Not only that...doing the hard missions themselves often gives most of gear you will need.

So if you have no way of gaining shards for the people you like (as in you dont spend loads of money on packs) I think you really put yourself behind, because it is soooooooooo much quicker to get gear cap than it is to get shard cap from 3 missions a day (usually 1-2 shards).

I think your problem is you are gearing up people that will never be used/useful with it that you likely do not ever intend to shard...stop wasting your gear on people unless you plan to use it! :D I am not 100% but I think many low level items are craftable reagents later on.

You're very, very right. One of the biggest mistakes I made was not starring my heroes soon enough and gearing them instead. Now I have nothing to do except Sim for shards.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Got talia and Dooku up too 4* now. Just need JC too 4* as well. Not sure what team to use at this point. So many I like using.
  • Rolotomasi859
    187 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You're a very lucky with the pull. What about cantina shipment? Looks like you have plenty of healer for gw. I suggest go for poe.

I also do not know how far 4* lando can carry you in arena. Based on your composition, I bet lando never get the chance to aoe twice in defense.
  • Options
    Lando dps is amazing but he does go down quickly. Also with this galactic war "patch" I dont think I can beat it anymore...:(
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Personally, I would go with:

Phasma lead (GW)
    Han (arena)
    Dooku (light/ dark shards)
    Kylo (cantina)
    Dakka (cantina shipments)

It's a strong team and you can keep working on the characters you have.

Chewy is not a good taunting character and weak later game (I got him to 6* but prefer my 4* Poe). Poe is the great, but with this lineup, Han works well with turn meter synergy

Aside from these 5, spend the rest of your energy gearing them up :)