Is Post Update Yoda REALLY Working As Intended? And if he is...

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
Okay, so you may have seen my posts in other threads, but this particular subject, needs (deserves?) it's own thread. The topic is Yoda, the Jedi Master. Earned through difficult trials (well at least stages 6 & 7 are difficult) - the resources poured into 5 Jedi, just to have a chance at the Master. More specifically, his role in arena (and how this update greatly threatens it)

I am no expert, so anyone who sees things I may have missed, please chime in.

Yoda, is very good one the offensive side. The problem is, on defense, he is very vulnerable, even more so than other heroes. Partly, of course, because the AI plays him so poorly. With "protection" Yoda can now do all kinds of things during a several turn battle - but his abilities (just like healers) are not just about the "what" - but about the "when" - especially since they nerfed his attack damage (he's no longer "ability + damage", more just about "ability").

Post update, you can save his "AoE steal" for when the enemy has buffs - but not just any buffs, the ones you need - if QGJ just pulled off a humbling blow, Yoda doesn't need to steal it. Sometimes you just want Yoda to attack with his base, get foresight, then hand it out to everyone. Other times, if you have a tank that's taunting and in good health, it pays for Yoda to wait until the opponents get a more useful buff (or two or three), then steal and pass it around.
Since the update, there are a number of ways Yoda has been weakened:
1) Obviously, his attack numbers.
2) His tenacity buff is now auto-removed by QGJ's humbling blow (which makes the timing of using BM more important)
3) Battles last longer (this hurts Yoda because he is all about timing now - and longer battles work in a human players favor, as it only gives the AI more opportunities to screw it up).
4) Yoda has one of the lowest protection %s in the game (his is around 45% of his health - which id not that great to begin with). Most heroes are at least 50% - some much higher.
Sadly, not only has the Jedi Master been nerfed, he has also been weakened tremendously on defense given the above. He is quickly becoming the F2P version of GG - that is a trophy to collect dust on most people benches.

@CG_JohnSalera - has there been any discussion on the tremendously weakened Jedi Master? Because honestly, if he ia functioning as intended, he seems to be a much less desirable prize for such a long event. He's become more like an Ewok scout shard at the end of a 2 hour GW...okay...not that bad. But you see my point. ;)

Thoughts by anyone?
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    This has been going on in alot of threads I for one have personally addressed this situation because Yoda isn't really 1 toon worth of resources he is basically the recollection of 5 jedi and if you include him it is equivalent to 6 toons leveled stared and geared. He in my opinion was supposed to be a diverse toon not just a green toolbox.
  • Options
    He and Mace Windu really should be more powerful
  • Morgon_Kara
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree. I just finally got my Yoda and he was great before the update. His abilities are powerful but I think he needs to be tougher if he isn't going to have great damage.

I mean Yoda is good but when you consider how much effort it takes to get him and it doesn't "feel" worth it. He's not that much better than Sidious and Sidious can be farmed with minimal effort at the arena.

When I think about it, Yoda and Grievous should be the most powerful, must-have characters but it actually seems like almost no-one uses them.
    Post edited by Morgon_Kara on
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    He and Mace Windu really should be more powerful

I love the idea of a strong Mace Windu and Yoda entering battle together. Too bad Mace's kit needs a tweak still.

On the topic of Yoda, he is very useful and is key to helping me win on offence. Unfortunately, he is complicated to play right and the AI will just never do it as good as a person. I have been very supportive of Yoda, even post update with his damage nerf. However, I think they overdid it a little bit and removed too much damage. Again, his skills are fine, he needs some of his damage back.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree. Having him on defense hasn't changed any and due to more turns per match has given even more opportunities for AI to make mistakes with him before dying. His attack numbers are underwhelming. I will admit I am having more fun with him on offense right now just due to all of the extra opportunities I have to pull off combos with him and clutch matches :P.
  • Options
    Yeah. He's great on offense, but really lacking on defense. Plus with QGJ dispelling his tenacity up buff (man, I REALLY hope it's a bug and gets fixed) from BM, it makes him even weaker.
    There was supposed to be discussion on it today, so I hope they did.

@EA_Jesse , @CG_JohnSalera

Really hate doing that, but any word guys? It's a huge disappointment for Yoda users
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    This has been going on in alot of threads I for one have personally addressed this situation because Yoda isn't really 1 toon worth of resources he is basically the recollection of 5 jedi and if you include him it is equivalent to 6 toons leveled stared and geared. He in my opinion was supposed to be a diverse toon not just a green toolbox.

Exactly. He was THE Grandmaster of the Jedi order, the most powerful of them all, and his in game representative, while very good, was in fact one of the most balanced characters overall. High utility with moderate damage and just enough speed to make the most of his diverse skills, just the right balance, with absolutely no OP complaints from any reasonable fellow. What do they do? Nerf him to the ground after we've burnt considerable resources to get him.

All this while Rey remains the 1-2 **** Goddess and she will soon outspeed the competition.

As silly decisions like these pile up, let's just say that their track record means that we can safely assume that they will make even sillier decisions in the future.
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29085/tenacity-up-dispeled-by-humbling-blow/p1

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29087/massive-yoda-rex-problem-tenacity-up-not-working-as-intended/p1

Just linking more threads about it ... btw i believe that making 4-5 threads is not doing us anygood as they all have low activity and not drawing developer`s attention to the problem ...