st han lead defense up

Can someone explain what 35 defense up actually means? Is it simply you lose less hp per hit?

Replies

• Options
    Well i know it means +35 armor to all allies. But what i dont know is how much damage reduction it gives post last update. It used to be 1 to 1 but i believe its more now. But 35 damage reduction is useless. good question tho
  • Options
    Would be nice if the mechanics in this game were explained mathematically so, you know, we could actually figure out what's good and what isn't. Done some searching but haven't found much of anything...
  • Options
    I'm running St Han lead currently.. No idea if defense increase is helping but the 35% offense whilst below 50% is why I do it.. Rg taunts to save the toon below 50% and then they have epic damage
  • Options
    The only thing that has frustrated me since day one with this game is the lack ok data!
    I mean how hard is it to give us the information we need, they just have to update the toolbox, it takes 5 minutes!
    Deal physical damage, okay, how much? What is the multiplier? Because it certainely isn't what's written on the character sheet.
    35 defense up, okay, **** is defense?
    213 crit chance, great, what is that?
  • Options
    Really wish to know this also. In fact I just wanna know how much does defense mitigate damage after the update. Its clear now that our damage is greatly reduce after the update but for how much, and does defense or armor actually affect the damage at all or maybe our damage is just simply reduced.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    The data exists, what we lack is an order of operations for the damage calculation.

How much damage 35 Defense absorbs depends on the strength of the attack.

It is not a straight deduction due to damage multipliers.
  • Options
    I'm running St Han lead currently.. No idea if defense increase is helping but the 35% offense whilst below 50% is why I do it.. Rg taunts to save the toon below 50% and then they have epic damage
    Thats a good point. I have been running qgl even as the only jedi on my arena squad so he can go first and often which i need his humblinh blow to get rid of opponents rg taunt. I may have to experiment using sthan as lead and see if i fare better. I do finish 1 most days but i wonder if sthan as lead would be better to defend my position better. My other toons on my arena team are gs rey and rg
  • Options
    jomamaphat wrote: »
    Thats a good point. I have been running qgl even as the only jedi on my arena squad so he can go first and often which i need his humblinh blow to get rid of opponents rg taunt. I may have to experiment using sthan as lead and see if i fare better. I do finish 1 most days but i wonder if sthan as lead would be better to defend my position better. My other toons on my arena team are gs rey and rg

I run with St Han (L), RG, Rey, GS, Daka (on defense overnight), QGJ instead of Daka for offense. The double taunting protects my team (somewhat) from qgj, although han is a fairly low hp tank
  • Options
    I think my st han and rg combo is defending well. Either people are not battling me as much or my team is winning a few battles on defense. I used to drop from 1 to about 20 overnight but after putting han in i only drop to about 10 overnight. I dont even need to refresh crystals other than my last battle before payout to prevent sniping
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Strange, because it seems easy enough to take down. I play vs it with my Jedi team often.

BM Yoda, focus Han until RG taunt, dispel Taunt, focus Han to death, move to Daka, rinse, repeat, killing zombies immediately...