Getting frustrated with GW

Ok, I hit level 60 a couple days ago. Up until then Galactic War was a good challenge, but I've completed every single one It seemed the 3rd or 4th to last mission was always the hardest but I could get past it with some causalities. Why these missions were the hardest and not the LAST mission.. I'll never know.

I have 6 purple 5-6 star heroes with (nearly) maxed abilities. And a maybe 5 decent backup characters to swap in when the others fall or have too much damage.

So I've been running into teams of level 56-59 with no purples and equal to lesser stars and they are annihilating my team. If I can get them all to survive they have such little hitpoints that the next battle they are wiped out quickly. I can't get to the heal specials fast enough. Most of my higher level heroes are so "wounded" by the last 3 missions they get wiped out the first turn. Swapping in lower level heroes doesn't help because the those characters with 5-7 bars of health will get one-shotted by almost anyone. Glass cannons like IG-86 and TIE pilot usually get destroyed in the first turn.
And, holy ****!, if Vader is on the other team I can expect my whole team to be at half hitpoints in 2 rounds.

Somebody said it best in another post but, "Doesn't hero level mean anything in this game?" The bonuses to AI are so ridiculous and skewed at higher levels GW becomes nearly unplayable.

2 things that would help: heal drops so you can heal a single hero a small amount in between battles only.
Or a "pass" button so during combat a hero can pass a turn so hopefully you can get to a heal ability before the end of the battle. Or might save a hero from forcing them to attack a counter attacker that would kill them.
Maybe limit the "pass" to once or twice per hero per battle.
Anyways.. do SOMETHING.

I think I'm done making "small donations" to this game until more changes are made. There are way too many unbalances. Where are the Special Events? We had 1 in 2 months and the Boba Fett one was bugged and never worked for me. There are too many bugs and exploits that go unfixed. How long has something like Leia's bug been going on? You're allowed to have more than 1 update a month EA!!! Have they even rolled out a quick hotfix EVER in 2 months??? Only 1 person from EA seems to respond to any posts in this forum. It seems like EA is more focused on rolling out more characters than fixing existing issues.

Games should be fun. When games are fun people are happy and spend money.
This game has turned more into a chore. More grinding with less reward.
Nobody likes chores.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Robobob wrote: »
    Most of my higher level heroes are so "wounded" by the last 3 missions they get wiped out the first turn.

This sentence is an indicator that you are not using the right strategies. Please read this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3309/a-galaxy-sized-guide-to-galactic-war
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Use retreat button! Also when assigning a team B as cannon fodder, don't forget to retreat as well. Usually 3 of my chars survive: chewie, stormtrooper and mace windu lol yes I found a use for mace windu: cannonfodder like in the movie :(
    If you squeeze in a consular at team B you can sometimes heal the B squad, retreat, bring in the main squad and have fun. Really once you know what to do and how to do it, you will rarely experience defeat.

Ps: first 2 weeks hitting 60 also didn't get me far in GW, I lost like 2 nodes before the end a lot. Now 2 weeks later, it's getting better. Also use more heals earlier. Even if you think it's not worth it, do it because the cd will be ready next fight to use it again.I sometimes deliberate use heal at the start on some low dmged toons to know it's rdy at the start of the next round.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Most of my higher level heroes are so "wounded" by the last 3 missions they get wiped out the first turn.

This sentence is an indicator that you are not using the right strategies. Please read this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3309/a-galaxy-sized-guide-to-galactic-war

I was ready for this. Instead of players admitting there is major imbalance to this game they go straight for my strategy.

And, like others, you just pimp your own strategy guide. I don't need it. It obviously isn't a problem with my strategy because I've completed every single GW before these.

How else can you explain level 57 team with lesser stats decimating a team like mine so early? Doesn't make much sense in my book. This game needs major balance fixes plain and simple.

Cronoz, thanks for the honest and helpful reply. Perhaps I give it a little more time but I'm not spending any more money until more things are fixed on this game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I was ready for this. Instead of players admitting there is major imbalance to this game they go straight for my strategy.
    And, like others, you just pimp your own strategy guide. I don't need it. It obviously isn't a problem with my strategy because I've completed every single GW before these.
    "Pimp"? I don't get paid to post here, you know. That guide took a whole morning to write. I wrote it to help the community.
    You say you don't need it? Okay. Your choice. But that one sentence shows you are not doing this the right way, which is why you are failing.
    I have completed 31 of my 32 attempts at GW, mostly using what is in that guide. I usually finish with all of my characters not only alive but near full health.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with GW, if anything it is too easy, and I would not want to see it made easier because of people who can't be bothered to learn how to get good at it.
    "You must unlearn what you have learned." Or, just get mad, I suppose.
  • Options
    The point of the post was that there seems to be imbalances in GW, but you single out one line and go for my strategy.

I don't have to read your guide because I'm sure we use a lot of the same tactics that is just kind of natural for someone with a decent sense of strategy to figure out:
    retreating when necessary, shutting down the app and retrying, sending a team first to take out an enemy or soak up some extra damage and special attacks. I use 2 healers in every team I fight with and save my special attacks near the end of the battle so they are available for the next one. Leveling up other hero for backup and buffer. And there's much, much more. I've used them all.
    All of this has done well for me until the difficulty curve got ridiculously steep, in my opinion.

Again that's the point of the post, but you immediately attack my strategy like your strategy is so much better.

I ain't mad. It's just a typical elitist gamer reply. And I was ready for it because I've seen several similar replies, esp from people with their own "strategy guides".
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    You were "ready for it". Oh, okay.
    Well, if we are using the same strategies, then why am I having no problem with GW whatsoever and you are? Maybe I have pictures of the enemy holograms in compromising positions.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but if you call force closing the app and going back as a strategy, you need to learn some actual real strategy. Exploits intended for app crashes is not one and if they ever fix it, I'm saving my popcorn for that day so when all of you are crying that your "strategy" no longer works, op will be able to question you so rudely. Some of us play games as intended with REAL strategy and don't play off glitches and exploits.

Now op, I completely agree. I have seen teams all purple and 6-7 star when their level isnt even high enough to have it. I am always top 10 arena on my server and gw AI is horribly unbalanced and overpowered. It's been brought up many many times and instead of addressing the issues, people complain and when one thing is out of line they "warn" you with a threat of ban. I personally do not buy anything from ea anymore and probably will never again due to how they have handled this game.
  • Options
    Dagnorus: I'm not sure if it's considered cheating or not, but in GW where everything is so random and you have no heals between 12 battles.. I'll take whatever help I can get to get the top prize. If they remove it at some point, then oh well. It helped me get to the final stage a few times. I'll take it.

Qeltar: So do you make every post about your better strategy and your guide? haha
  • Options
    You arent the only one who struggle robobob. i have only manage to finish 1 GW. usally get stopped around half way or better, depanding on the opposition. But i am not the "awsome" player as other who finish them all the time.

I assume GW arent meant to be easy though, så keep trying and hopefully learn from what you did wrong. my biggets issue is that i have done some thing very wrong from the beginning, and now is trying to catch up with myself, gear/star grind. yay for easy going :disappointed:
  • Options
    Anyone else who read this in Carlton's voice?
  • Options
    I got to the point where I was winning everyday. And then stopped ranking up my star level on toons. I know totally chicken. But for now I want those shards. I can always up them at any time, but I don't want to start losing again. So I had to stick with what is working. I know this doesn't help this thread at all, but I noticed the faster, you upgrade the tougher the end matches.
  • PuttinInWork
    81 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Not going to lie, i don't have an issue completing it. But it's quite annoying facing the same teams( sid, dooku, daka, luminara and luke or vader, poogle, kylo, first order tie pilot and phasma) all purple geared from the very first node. Pretty dumb imo. So i feel your pain.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    It's ridiculously easy. I know that's not helpful to you but it is. It takes a while to complete but if you learn how to do it you can finish every day and not loose a character.