Ewok Elder not ressing during raids

Pyramidshawn
871 posts Member
edited May 2016
Just attempted two battles in a row where he would not res after Rancor Slam and Crushing Claw.

Any rhyme or reason to how his res does/does not work during raids? This is not exclusive to Devour like I was lead to believe.

Replies

• scuba
    14111 posts Member
    Options
    If a character is deathmarked (red skull) by the pigs and is killed. That character may also not be revived.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    It stinks that many characters' abilities are not working in raid. There's a huge list. RG seems completely useless since he is either one-shot or just devoured. It is still fun but at some point pieces of the event are just ridiculous. Putting a strong 32K Power team in there and having them all one-shot/devoured just makes me shake my head. When my team enters and his devour cool down is sitting at 1 just really stinks. When all of my heavy hitters/attackers cause 1/2(or less) the damage they would anywhere else in the game is nuts. Oh well.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    RG is actually amazing in the raid.
    The raid is really complex and there's a LOT to learn strategy-wise. It is easily the best thing ever added to this game and its designers deserve a lot of credit for how it makes you use many chars in different ways and combinations.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • KeyMan64x
    794 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    The raid is really complex and there's a LOT to learn strategy-wise. It is easily the best thing ever added to this game and its designers deserve a lot of credit for how it makes you use many chars in different ways and combinations.

Let me clarify, RG has proven to me to be useless vs Rancor since he cannot stun Rancor. When I have used him to taunt, he has been one-shot or devoured. That sums up useless for me.

For stage 1, things are very different, I will agree with you there.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Options
    KeyMan64x wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

Let me clarify, RG has proven to me to be useless vs Rancor since he cannot stun Rancor. When I have used him to taunt, he has been one-shot or devoured. That sums up useless for me.

For stage 1, things are very different, I will agree with you there.

Even without stun, RG is still very valuable against the rancor for 3 reasons:
    I) speed down. Not only does this lengthen the time until his next turn, it also is a debuff. And any debuff reduces his armor significantly
    2) Team-wide defense up on his special. Any team-wide buff is useful, so TM is not reduced when the rancor bellows
    3) His taunt still comes in helpful