Can we ditch the star requirement for raid tiers?

Boonta
54 posts Member
The current system requires guilds to have a fairly uniform makeup of members to participate in a given raid tier. I have a somewhat diverse group of members, and I'm sure other guilds have an even greater diversity than mine, and I don't want a handful of members left out of a raid because they don't have any 6*s yet. Is anyone else having difficulty recruiting 50 members that are basically cookie cutter replicas of each other? I feel if players are earning the guild coins, just let'em play.

Replies

• Oootini
    636 posts Member
    Options
    I agree.i don't see why we can't just use our full rosters. It won't make much of a difference anyway as the raids are tough enough as it is. Keep the heroic at 7* if you want but I think the rest shouldn't have a limit.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    It fits with previous structure systems.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree. You really just can't complete them without a lot of those * level anyway, so why allow the lowers? Your guild should just pick appropriate raids.
  • Hanburger
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Well, it all comes down to lore. No one was ever let into the rancor pit unless they had enough strength and experience to fight it properly. ;p
  • Boonta
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    It fits with previous structure systems.

Like the Yoda event? You have a point there, but in this game I find the ability to participate in an event is based more on player level. If the raid tiers were accessible by player level rather than how far they promoted their characters I think it would be fairer. Maybe my situation is uncommon but I have a guild with members at lvls 67-76 with large variations in rosters, currently it's either stick with a low enough tier so the lower end players can play but the higher end guys get ripped off or play a higher tier where the lower end players get shafted
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Rewards were adjusted at higher levels, lower players don't get shafted as bad. You could always join a new guild where you're not one of the lower players.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Starring up your dudes is a big part of the game.
  • Boonta
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Joe_Cus wrote: »
    Rewards were adjusted at higher levels, lower players don't get shafted as bad. You could always join a new guild where you're not one of the lower players.

I meant shafted in the sense that lower end guys can't participate in the raid at all or only use 1 or 2 eligible characters.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Boonta wrote: »
    Joe_Cus wrote: »

I meant shafted in the sense that lower end guys can't participate in the raid at all or only use 1 or 2 eligible characters.

Your GL should take turns between t2 and t5 raids.
  • Boonta
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »

Your GL should take turns between t2 and t5 raids.

I'm the GL, I was thinking about taking turns between t5 and t6 raids. It just sucks having guild members contribute coins for me to open a raid they can't participate in, and if i only do t5 raids the guys with 12+ 7*s will probably start leaving. I should've just joined a guild instead of opening one haha
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you wanna shift some lowbies over my way? Mine is more a teaching guild.
  • Boonta
    54 posts Member
    Options
    It looks like there are 2 or 3 members without a 6*, I'll see how far away they are from promoting one. If they can get just 1 they can participate, obviously they'll finish last but chances are they'd finish last in tier 5 also, might as well finish last in tier 6 for a better prize. I'll run your offer by them, if they're interested I'll message you. Thanks!