Old Ben vs Dooku vs Kylo Ren?

EscapeArtist51
1675 posts Member
edited May 2016
Who's the best character to farm if I'm looking for a good arena team, I'm around top 20 in the leaderboards and I dunno who to farm out of cantina at the moment.

Old Ben vs Dooku vs Kylo Ren? 41 votes

Count Dooku
26%
AhsokaGuanovanceForceOneJuan123PyroPuffAltoon33xSkandarGraunxmidnitecloudGonzalo1495EierpinocchioDemonLeprech4unGreedo_Shot_First 11 votes
Old Ben
58%
StarcronDhallyosie22AkavirDarth_ReyMikymateKamikazeRhombusLaLiamWeezy_vegas1BlueDemonWhitchitIT_L1V3SHunterXJDMarkatonaTheMadTwadderDarth_ShecklerColpoGONCH03Lcb12321Emptyseven 24 votes
Kylo Ren
14%
ZathrackRacethefaceMandalorian_R3solveAlonRoy333remiel6Zeraphicus 6 votes

Replies

• Options
    Count Dooku
    Top 10 of the leaderboards are all 7* Dooku leads, I run Kylo along with Dooku and Kylo shines a bit more now that protection has been added, but he still should take the back burner to Dooku for now.
  • scuba
    14193 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the option for count Ben? Both have the annoying dodge leader ability but IMO Ben gives the better gain (annoyance on defense) from it with TM increase. My leader board has moved from one dodging old man (dooku) to the other (old ben).
  • Options
    Old Ben
    Dooku if you're lazy and don't know how to play very well.

Kylo if you run Phasma and other first order.

Old Ben if you have Jedi or other dodge heavy toons.
  • Ello_Asty
    562 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku if you face a lot of Jedi or QGJ - I face a lot of QGJ so I can't seem to get away from the guy when there are so much better toons out there than him. Kylo for Phasma and raids. OB for everything else.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Not sure how Dooku is "playing lazy" and Old Ben is not, they have the same leader ability. You have to farm what works best for your team.

Kylo: Good AOE, can have his CD's reset easily, some burst damage, heal debuff, lots of protection and HP. Cons: Good players will typically avoid him for late in the match as to not trigger his counterattack or reset his CD's

Dooku: Strong leader ability, chance to stun with lightning, counter-attack, chance to ability block. Cons: Squishy, doesn't hit that hard

Old Ben: Strong leader ability, special ability can really lock-down the opponent. Cons: his passive ability upon death rarely comes into play because people aren't stupid enough to attack him, plus he has a ton of protection and survivability. A side benefit to Old Ben is that if you don't run a tank with a taunt, you can suicide Old Ben into the other squads Dooku or 5's and slowly work them down meanwhile slowly killing Old Ben; it's about the only chance you have of getting his passive to go off.
  • Options
    Old Ben
    Not sure how Dooku is "playing lazy" and Old Ben is not, they have the same leader ability. You have to farm what works best for your team.

Kylo: Good AOE, can have his CD's reset easily, some burst damage, heal debuff, lots of protection and HP. Cons: Good players will typically avoid him for late in the match as to not trigger his counterattack or reset his CD's

Dooku: Strong leader ability, chance to stun with lightning, counter-attack, chance to ability block. Cons: Squishy, doesn't hit that hard

Old Ben: Strong leader ability, special ability can really lock-down the opponent. Cons: his passive ability upon death rarely comes into play because people aren't stupid enough to attack him, plus he has a ton of protection and survivability. A side benefit to Old Ben is that if you don't run a tank with a taunt, you can suicide Old Ben into the other squads Dooku or 5's and slowly work them down meanwhile slowly killing Old Ben; it's about the only chance you have of getting his passive to go off.

Because Dooku is an easier toon to get and to run on defense. Barring some of the newer TM manipulation teams coming out, Dooku granting offense up is a better defense than Old Ben granting a fraction of your turn meter.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I hate Dooku. He gets buggy and provides 4 attacks in a row at times. And everyone seems to have him for that reason.

So, based on what everyone else does, run Dooku. Or, be your own team and get either Kylo or Old Ben. Not sure I've ever seen any of them as lead. Kylo does more damage I believe. Old Ben is usually last man standing so that he doesn't buff the whole team after he dies.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Because Dooku is an easier toon to get and to run on defense. Barring some of the newer TM manipulation teams coming out, Dooku granting offense up is a better defense than Old Ben granting a fraction of your turn meter.

Dooku and Ben are both available in Cantina so the farm is close enough I think. I guess it depends on the squad you run. Dooku's leader is a little more generic with offense up, but you pair Old Ben with other characters that manipulate TM one way or the other, that 30% (Omega) TM is huge. For instance, Old Ben and ST Han are awesome together. Here's my squad from a TM perspective.

Old Ben: Grants TM and big chance to takeaway 60% TM from opponent
    Han: Grants TM and takes away TM
    QGJ (w/ Omega) chance to remove TM with basic
    Yoda: All kind of TM gain / removal
    Rey: She just be fast and really benfits from Ben and Han (plutonically of course)

Maybe Dooku is more generic and can fit anywhere where Old Ben requires a more thoughtful squad?