How do we get more than 60000 guild currency every two days

LordAlvert
1193 posts Member
Some guilds appear to be getting more than 60000 guild currency every two days. My guild runs one heroic every two days but it looks like even though it appears mathematically impossible that some guilds are getting more than 60000 every two days judged by the pace the leaderboard points accumulate.

Any ideas? My guild is curious.

Replies

• slama
    86 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Could you create a guild with the same name and switch members to double collect without anyone knowing?
    Post edited by slama on
  • Tycho
    52 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't understand how that's not a bannable offense for evryone on both Team Instinct. But here's my guess: it rhymes with whales... wait, I messed up my joke.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    slama wrote: »
    Could you create a guild with the same name and switch members to double collect without anyone knowing?

I don't advocate doing this.

/facepalm

There goes the neighborhood...
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Tycho wrote: »
    I don't understand how that's not a bannable offense for evryone on both Team Instinct. But here's my guess: it rhymes with whales... wait, I messed up my joke.

What exactly are you accusing us of this time?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I don't think you could have your guild activity count twice. For two different guilds. It appears to get credited at log in.

You could arrange a series of dummy accounts level them I. Different time zones and have have them just do there 600 guild contribution and quit and join the guild at the correct times so their contribution would count. So in theory each slot of your guild could have 24 members on different time zones.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

EDIT: Sorry I made a mistake with this. The correct method would be using different accounts for turn ins. Two guilds means nothing as guild coin turn ins are based on the individual, not the guild, so you wouldn't be able to jump inbetween guilds to double down on turn ins. You'd need alts to do it, which isn't breaking any rules at all.

We don't bother doing that right now though, we have two full guilds of 50 and we're finishing Heroics at about the same rate as everyone else. Not sure what the issue is. The new leaderboard started on May 1st, we've done 7 heroics each so far, and it's been 16 days. Where is the math inconsistency here? We have alts on standby if we miss some coins due to people missing turn ins but so far it hasn't been an issue.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

EDIT: Sorry I made a mistake with this. The correct method would be using different accounts for turn ins. Two guilds means nothing as guild coin turn ins are based on the individual, not the guild, so you wouldn't be able to jump inbetween guilds to double down on turn ins. You'd need alts to do it, which isn't breaking any rules at all.

We don't bother doing that right now though, we have two full guilds of 50 and we're finishing Heroics at about the same rate as everyone else. Not sure what the issue is. The new leaderboard started on May 1st, we've done 7 heroics each so far, and it's been 16 days. Where is the math inconsistency here? We have alts on standby if we miss some coins due to people missing turn ins but so far it hasn't been an issue.

This seems very reasonable to me (OP). I was simply wondering if there was a way to get more than 60000 every two days. Looks like there is I suppose w alts...

• slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I'm going to guess that TI besides being hated the most they're also the most scrutinized by the devs since they are always on blast. Probably not doing anything very shady or they would be made an example of.
    Who knows, I'm not a whale.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    I'm going to guess that TI besides being hated the most they're also the most scrutinized by the devs since they are always on blast. Probably not doing anything very shady or they would be made an example of.

Contrary to popular belief, we have many members that do not qualify for "whale" status at all.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

This seems very reasonable to me (OP). I was simply wondering if there was a way to get more than 60000 every two days. Looks like there is I suppose w alts...

Yes you can use alts to generate more than 60K, just requires a lot of work and patience.

Also, if this is relating to the fact that we jump up 400 at once, that's only because we simply save coins up and do double raid days. We will always be doing this for the most part so it shouldn't seem as a surprise when it happens.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Double raid days for TI: 37 minutes? Oh hour cool down...
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options

... and I would think that our raids were scrutinized VERY carefully after all the accusations etc. :D

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »

Yes you can use alts to generate more than 60K, just requires a lot of work and patience.

Also, if this is relating to the fact that we jump up 400 at once, that's only because we simply save coins up and do double raid days. We will always be doing this for the most part so it shouldn't seem as a surprise when it happens.

That's a good idea from a time commitment standpoint. Only have to be available for an hour twice a week.
  • Harmonica
    541 posts Member
    Options
    Just another day of TI being accused of cheating.
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Harmonica wrote: »
    Just another day of TI being accused of cheating.

I'm actually surprised people are still attempting to be as subtle as some are.
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options

... and I would think that our raids were scrutinized VERY carefully after all the accusations etc. :D

For the record, I don't think TI is cheating, but it doesn't make very good business sense for EA to carefully scrutinize the practices of their most lucrative customers.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »

For the record, I don't think TI is cheating, but it doesn't make very good business sense for EA to carefully scrutinize the practices of their most lucrative customers.

it is common practice for first kills, or any significant achievement, to be scrutinized, regardless of who is doing it. companies want to make sure that these milestones are being done legit, so it doesn't cheapen the game/experience.