Do people with geared up Rey ever lose on offense?

LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
Unless the AI targets her specifically it seems like it would be hard to lose. Especially when paired with RG. She can just pick off the opposing team one by one.

Pretty much everyone in the top 50 of my arena is using Rey. No spot can be held for long.

Replies

• Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    Options
    When your 40k power opponent's weakest link is a G10 toon, yes you can still lose on offense. It's rare, but it happens. RNG with dodges/stuns can easily remove Rey from a fight.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    Hardly anyone loses on offense at the top levels, unless there is a large gear difference, or if you get very unlucky RNG.
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Depends what you mean by geared up. Mine is G9 and she can be put in the red first hit by a G10 Rey, then taken out on second hit/AOE. Be an unlucky start, but it's happened.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    wrilley wrote: »
    Hardly anyone loses on offense at the top levels, unless there is a large gear difference, or if you get very unlucky RNG.

So basically to hold top spots you have to use refreshes throughout the day?

If I don't use a refresh I sometimes fall back down to around 100 daily. Doesn't matter what combination I put in.
  • Options
    I hear from folks on my shard they lose to me often. I've not lost on offense in as long as I can recall, except the time I put in a sluff team so a guild mate could take 1 from me who was on a later payout,lol.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    Options
    There's always going to be the occasional loss due to rng. Luckily I haven't experienced that, but I'm only rank 26. The top 10 in my server will be really scary to face.
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    It's probably your team comp. Some hold up better on defense than others. Who are you running?
  • wrilley
    390 posts Member
    Options
    And by hold up I don't mean they're unable to be beaten, it's that some teams are easy/fast fights, or have less HP to get through, or have high evasion, so people go for teams who are perceived as easier.
  • Galdin_Wan
    589 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Whenever I get into the top ten. But some of those teams have 38K squad strength to my 33K. RG with 50K+ health and protection, and their own gear lvl 10 Reys. If you try and take her out and miss and she gets offense up, she's going to decimate your team, just like you do other teams with yours.

I remember once I ran into a rebel squad with Gear 11 Han, Gear 10 Ackbar, Gear 10 Leia, you get the picture. Literally non stop attacks out the gate.

My Rey is maxed out in gear with Omega basic.
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    If you are facing a droid team that is G lvlX then you bet your sweet behind that you are gonna get your bass handed to you. Especially when it's a JE, RG, HK, and both IG's.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    People lose because of the evasion teams.
  • Options
    I lost to one particular team three or four times before I figured out how to beat it, both with Rey on my team and without. QGJ (L), Yoda, Rey, RG, and a 5* but geared up Vader.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    People lose because of the evasion teams.

This. An old ben team with ST han can really work you over with their buffed dodge rates. (spare me the "we don't buff AI" devs, its a lie)
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    wrilley wrote: »

This.
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    So basically to hold top spots you have to use refreshes throughout the day?

If I don't use a refresh I sometimes fall back down to around 100 daily. Doesn't matter what combination I put in.

I live in Malaysia, payout 6 pm +8 GMT thingy.. usually (90% of the time) the rank im in at 10am is going to be the rank i am at 6pm if i dont fight at all.. the payout timer really plays an important role everyday.. no refresh required :)

back to original topic, just sharing, i did lost to rng dodge, impossible daka stun rates, and occasional droids poggle lead with RG.. stHan lead, lumi, rey, qgj, phasma, lvl 78, finish 30-50, mid December's server (shards?)
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Try living on Australian Central Time, Arena payout is 5pm. Arena is basically not an option for everyone in this timezone who works 9-5.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Since the protection update does anyone lose on offense. I've lost twice since the proc update. Once to super Daka/Phasma and once to Dooku

I was a precrafter though and have Max Rey and Max RG
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Lols if you read this thread after the mega dodge thread and the nerf rey threads.

Essentially the reponse is no. With rey, you win on offense.

• Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my rey to hit with her 3rd special...they dodge it everytime
  • Remorhaz
    149 posts Member
    Options
    This is why you see people with evasion leads and daka. The AI is so **** the only way to even try to hold your spot is with rng. Honestly I doubt the devs want ppl holding their spot anyways. They want you spending crystals to climb.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have lost with gear 10 Rey yesterday. She missed both of her specials and two basic attacks. Opponent Rey then one shot her ... this was Dooku lead, both for me and opponent.
    I still win more than I lose, and I'm fine with dodge-based defence, otherwise gear 10 Rey will be unstoppable until everyone gets to gear 9-10 as well.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Luke6108
    370 posts Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose, there was my time my Rey miss all her hits and the dodge rate for the entire match is like 50%.
  • Waxx25
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    My rey is still growing and i dont lose on offense. I use dooku lead, QGJ, lumi, GS and old Daka as my current team. All gear 9 and omega abilities (except lumi). Only a bad steak of RNG will make me lose. But the team is really weak on defense.
    Gear x rey is just as weak on defense as a gear 9.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for my rey to hit with her 3rd special...they dodge it everytime

Try having Leia as your DPS. I'm pretty sure she's programmed to always miss at least one of her three attacks. On the rare chance she actually hits more than once. (But funnily enough she's basically a machine gun when the AI uses her)
  • Options
    Somebody! Anybody! Help me I can't beat Rey!

dbqted.gif
  • Arham
    14 posts Member
    Options
    It's really tough to lose against ai controlled teams anyways (with or without rey)

Unless they're 4-5k more in terms of power or if the Rng gods really hate you that day.
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty much anyone can beat pretty much anyone else on offense.
  • Data
    12 posts Member
    Options
    I don't remember ever losing on offense in GW. I don't have any teammates to help tie up the win, but I still swap wins with the kraken on my server. Depending on who ends up offense on the last battle. He is 39K+ to my 37K