2844 posts Member
    Options
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Seems to be the question of the day.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Merge threads ?

Again dont understand why people find it so hard...
  • Saku1313
    44 posts Member
    Options
    You know what is too tiring? Climbing Mount Everest. GW isn't as bad as that.
  • Options
    Every day is

Captain Phasma + Rey + Qui-Gon Jinn + Royal Guard Abilities .......
  • Options
    Just auto it and take what you can get...
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    squadsun wrote: »
    LV 80 GW is too tiring

Spend a lot of time each day

I want to quit GW....

use auto attack for the first few nodes. I use yoda, barris, daka, lum, Qgj.
    Once you see some 7* full 80lv on some node, then use suicide then play manually.
    You probably end up in 8-9nodes. Then from 8-12 those squad is just exactly what you see in the Arena.
    At this point, keep using suicide squad and then use your arena squad to beat it.

• Options

Thank you, this is a good idea
  • Options
    Song wrote: »
    LV 80 GW is too tiring

I want to quit GW....

Once you see some 7* full 80lv on some node, then use suicide then play manually.
    You probably end up in 8-9nodes. Then from 8-12 those squad is just exactly what you see in the Arena.
    At this point, keep using suicide squad and then use your arena squad to beat it.

• bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Use it to try out new squad's see how they fare.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    LV 80 GW is too tiring

I want to quit GW....

Suicide squads don't work after the update to TM persisting through nodes. I don't understand why people still think that's a viable option. If anything you should use 3 different squads for your first 3 nodes so they're loaded up on their TM for later nodes. That's the only viable strategy in GW besides retreating countless times for better RNG.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

That's not a good idea if you need the credits to build up your roster.
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    If I auto it I can get through 8-10 nodes every time.

Autoing GW is a good idea if you don't want to waste your time playing it.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

What team do you auto it with? And how many characters do you lose on average?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Suicide squads aren't about turn meter. Fodder suicide squads are a way to get the enemy to waste all their specials so that they're all on cooldown when you go in with your real team. Beefier suicide squads are a way to whittle down the protection to make it so there's less work to do to kill the opponents when you get your real team in. I find that I need the first kind (and not the second kind) maybe three times in a Galactic War. I sometimes need a couple of the other kind too, but since I hit 80 it's been a lot less. It got much easier once I hit level 80. I have no idea what the original poster is getting at, because it isn't affecting me.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Tbh i only auto first and second nodes... dont trust the AI to mess up and make the remaining a lil tricky.. not sure why cause plenty in reserve but i just like getting through with same team...
  • Options
    I use it test out new squads. Arena level competition with do overs.
  • Nervi
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    Suicide squads aren't about turn meter. Fodder suicide squads are a way to get the enemy to waste all their specials so that they're all on cooldown when you go in with your real team. Beefier suicide squads are a way to whittle down the protection to make it so there's less work to do to kill the opponents when you get your real team in. I find that I need the first kind (and not the second kind) maybe three times in a Galactic War. I sometimes need a couple of the other kind too, but since I hit 80 it's been a lot less. It got much easier once I hit level 80. I have no idea what the original poster is getting at, because it isn't affecting me.

Ye, if ur arena team / rank is / are garbage, you get easier GW's. Come back when you get rey/dooku/old ben teams from node 7 to 12, straight.
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

What team do you auto it with? And how many characters do you lose on average?

I lose all of my heroes obviously.

My first team is Lumi, Ahsoka, Daka, Rey, Ewok Elder. Then when one dies I replace them with any of my other heroes.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Every day is

Captain Phasma + Rey + Qui-Gon Jinn + Royal Guard Abilities .......

+1

Just did it in 15 minutes with this team plus Lumi. RG only 4* as well. Lost RG and Rey on 2nd to last node.

• Options
    I made a choice months ago that I wanted GW to be easy and not worry about arena since I am mostly F2P and likely won't compete anyway. I generally land around 500 in arena.

I am level 80, but I run an arena team of about 23K power. My GW team is closer to 32K power and I rarely have to retreat. Sadly, you have to plan for this since it keeps track of your highest level team that you have won with. Run that 32K power team just once and my GW will be a nightmare.

I am hoping that they change this since I now want to level my droids. They are the only team I have that compete with teams with a power of 5K+ higher then them. I would like to have a doable GW without having to sandbag.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know why it is harder for people at 80. I'm in the low 60s and fighting people regularly with characters around 12 levels higher. That included better gear and higher level abilities. You can't be in that situation so what gives?
  • Options
    Max level folks run into team that are RG, STHan, Rey, GS, etc. that have level 10 and 11 gear. They are very hard to beat and are often from node 5 on. Very few folks can do 8 nodes of teams like that. It is just painful.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I see. So it's more about composition of the opposing teams. And I'm guessing g10 vs g9 is a bigger jump in power than g9 vs g8. Still, not having to face higher level characters has to be nice. Especially when resisting and landing debuffs.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    LV 80 GW is too tiring

I want to quit GW....

Suicide squads don't work after the update to TM persisting through nodes. I don't understand why people still think that's a viable option. If anything you should use 3 different squads for your first 3 nodes so they're loaded up on their TM for later nodes. That's the only viable strategy in GW besides retreating countless times for better RNG.
    @tRRRey

"retreaing countless time for better RNG" lmao does you know what the OP want? im sure retreat countless time give you better RNG.. but that wasn't OP was asking. lmao

• Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    I now play GW with a refusal to retreat. It's just boring retreating and looking for new approaches and teams to pass a battle. I'd rather not complete it then to spend 30+ minutes trying to pass a single battle.

So I just start with an all Night Sister team and sub in others as they fall. Until I'm completely out of gear 7+ characters, then I consider myself beaten.

I finish about 30 - 40% of the time. Since I've fully farmed all the characters I cared about in the GW store, I'm fine with not fully completing it every day.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »
    I now play GW with a refusal to retreat. It's just boring retreating and looking for new approaches and teams to pass a battle. I'd rather not complete it then to spend 30+ minutes trying to pass a single battle.

So I just start with an all Night Sister team and sub in others as they fall. Until I'm completely out of gear 7+ characters, then I consider myself beaten.

I finish about 30 - 40% of the time. Since I've fully farmed all the characters I cared about in the GW store, I'm fine with not fully completing it every day.

Exactly.. i usually finish around 8-10 Nodes.. if im lucky or have time i will try to complete it. Put it that way I save at least 30mins from my real life time.. and less stress..
  • Options
    I auto the first 6, usually stop the auto around the last char standing to just basic them down.

But yes, GW should be half the size (just get rid of the first six nodes) and triple the reward of the current twelve mode model to make up for the huge increase in credits from 70-80