RNG? Yeah right

I'm in a GW right now and I decided to do an experiment with the force close (relax force close whiners, this is an easy team I am facing, my characters are max health and I will easily win) at the start of a battle and I have restarted this battle SIX times and the EXACT same thing has happened EACH TIME. EXACT.

I start with Dooku and stun the JC who resists it, naturally. Opponent's Sid then does his AOE move and my Fives and Dooku counter doing the exact same damage each time after Sid's move does the exact same damage to my characters. I then do my Sid's AOE and opponent Sid dodges it, JC resists the damage over time effect and the damage is the same for the other characters.

Clearly, something that is supposedly based only on RNG would NOT do the EXACT same thing EACH TIME.

Just did it a seventh time and sure enough, exactly the same, damage and all.

This app is as scripted as professional wrestling. Quite funny.

On a different note, I'd love to have the AI's evade/dodge positive effect as it says 10% dodge increase but it seems more like an 80% boost for the AI. I also like in the arena battle I just did how Dooku stunned my 2 Jedis every single time he hit them and also stunned my Dooku with his strike. How'd my Dooku do against the AI's Jedis? Why no stuns of course bringing my overall stun % down to probably 35% now on something that I'm told has a 90% chance and that is NOT taking into account the AI resisting it. It's just not triggering. Who cares what a 90% chance means when you have EA logic. Especially when my characters are superior to those I am facing...

I won that arena battle so it's not like I am upset I lost. I'm just sick and tired of blatant AI cheating garbage these people programmed in.

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Not another one... reposted again...

I think it's more like this. They roll a bunch of dice in advance: 72, 10, 35, 39, 55, 4, 98.
    Let's say the first thing I do is use Dooku's special on Sid. The code says "give me a random number and if it's 40 or below, Sid is stunned". The number returned is 72, so Sid is not stunned. Then more numbers are asked for to determine damage, secondary stun, etc.
    Say I force close and restart. The same numbers are generated, but this time I use Dooku's special on Luminara. The code this time says "give me a random number and if it's 90 or below, Lumi is stunned". The same 72 is returned, but this time Lumi IS stunned.
    This may appear "predetermined" but it isn't. It is still entirely random, whether "72, 10, 35, 39, 55, 4, 98" is rolled in advance or in real time.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Jugilismaani
    64 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    -
    Post edited by Jugilismaani on
  • Options
    Our only hope is that each battle is randomly scripted. So in one battle your dooku doesn't stun the enemy JC but does in another 9, different battles.

If this isn't the case and events are scripted based on a set of rules, with enough time you can build a dataset to accurately predict the AI response to each action... There must be some randomness involved to combat a player working this out.
  • Options
    Perhaps that's prove in itself that FC isn't an intended feature ;) just saying.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    It is compeletely random which colour the next car which drives by is, but if you travel back in time 30 seconds every time after the car passed and it was red, it will always be red no matter how many times you travel back. But it does not change the fact that the color is completely random. o:)
    That is an awesome analogy! +1

My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Change *anything* - which enemy you attack first, which units you bring into the match, even the order your units are arranged in on the squad selection screen - and the "script" will change. As has been pointed out repeatedly, the game rolls the RNG table for the battle when it first picks your opponent (to deter exploiting force-closing), so if you keep doing the exact same thing each time then you'll get the same result. As soon as any parameter changes, those same numbers get applied to different actions and the outcome changes.
  • Options
    It has been explained countless times to the OP. Kindergarten metaphors and more, he refuses to understand it. He just keeps on reposting this stuff. Best is to ignore his threads as off now.
  • Options
    Actually having had an argument with someone about this I took up this challenge and found that it is random. My opponents Dooku targeting different toons. Daka resurrection works and then not works. Sid immunity sticking then not sticking. My guys fighting in different order their guys fighting different order all random.