Special Dmg items on Chars with no Special Dmg???

I have seen this repeatedly, but why am I asked to equip items with Special Damage as the primary stat (sometimes hard to make items!) On characters that DO NOT deal special damage at all? It is very frustrating.

Replies

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I have brought this up before, and it got a similar response... Silence...
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    :( .... Also potency items on characters with no negative status effects, dispels, turn meter pushback, etc. Same issue: bad itemization and waste of an item slot.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Well you see, its like this.

You dont want to die by falling out of a plane do you? No, of course not. So, how do you prevent such a fate? It's easy, you wear a parachute at all times. You may not need it now, but maybe someday you will.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »

You dont want to die by falling out of a plane do you? No, of course not. So, how do you prevent such a fate? It's easy, you wear a parachute at all times. You may not need it now, but maybe someday you will.

+1

Truth
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

rofl
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Somebody close this topic
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    They did change a few items last update but yeah, a lot more work to be done before we have a coherent gearing system.
  • Options
    They changed a few of these on a few characters but it was all at a low level and a lot of characters weren't even touched, like Daka.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Biggest balance issue in game imo.
  • Options
    Yeah I just had to upgrade someone with no special damage with special damage gear. I thought it was weird. Perhaps they want us to grind/farm more and have given up hiding it.
  • Leo1
    23 posts Member
    Options
    if you change all the special dmg items for physical dmg items in chars who dont have special dmg, this chars will end hiting the double of the chars who have physical + special dmg and will be unbalanced, so stop cry for nothing
  • Xader
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I'm hoping "ships"deal special damage.
  • Options
    Leo1 wrote: »
    if you change all the special dmg items for physical dmg items in chars who dont have special dmg, this chars will end hiting the double of the chars who have physical + special dmg and will be unbalanced, so stop cry for nothing
    Why does it have to be a straight swap for normal damage? It could be distributed appropriately between any of the available stats.
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    Options
    I would rather have a +5 resistance or some other crappy (but easy to get item) than a hard to get +120 to special damage item on a char with no Special damage attacks.