Fives tripple counter?

Kebab
179 posts Member
Everyone crying about rey but let's talk fives for a minute... He has 25K health + 25K protection and he counters 85% of the time and in reality 100% of the time and he hits around 3k per hit i'm to lazy to do the math but can you imagine ever killing him without a healer in your team??
About his counter if i got my facts right he does one counter attack and if it inflicts speed down he can do a second counterattack
Yet everytime i fight him and well every single team has him in my server i leave him for last and then it's my whole sqaud VS him and he counters 2-3 times for each hit he takes
Where does that third counter comes from?
So sometimes he counters three times + 2 times from his turn isn't that a little TOO much all together? Not asking for a nerf just opinions if i'm the only one thinking like this

Replies

• RonTom
    268 posts Member
    Options
    He only counters twice if your toon is already inflicted with speed down. So he could counter twice, be up for his turn and then attack twice. 4 attacks in a row is highly possible, 5 is not.

And no, on the right team he's a great toon for sure, but there are others I find facing much harder.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Record evidence? I'm not saying I don't believe you its just that isn't possible for him to counter three times unless there's a leader ability that somehow lets him do that... Just put a good stunner on your team if your having trouble with his counter attacks, it would be more helpful than a healer
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I've got a maxed 5's and for no reason I can work out, I've seen him vs another 5's hitting each other 5 times in a row, 2 X counters, 2 X double shots and 1 whatever is going on shot
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    I've got a maxed 5's and for no reason I can work out, I've seen him vs another 5's hitting each other 5 times in a row, 2 X counters, 2 X double shots and 1 whatever is going on shot

His assist attack. My guess is you auto that fight to speed things up. He uses his special when it's of cooldown and when he's the only one standing there is noone to assist.
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RonTom wrote: »
    He only counters twice if your toon is already inflicted with speed down. So he could counter twice, be up for his turn and then attack twice. 4 attacks in a row is highly possible, 5 is not.

And no, on the right team he's a great toon for sure, but there are others I find facing much harder.

5 shots is possible against a slow toon:

Fives counters with his TM almost full/full, shoots once and applies speed down, takes his turn, shoots twice, then gains 100% TM faster than the enemy with speed down, and shoots twice again.

1, 2, 2 for a total of 5.
  • Options
    Max counters I got by him was 3 I thing. I agree however. Everyone is talking about Rey (I have her 7 Stars and VIII Gear but she is still crap) while fives is the most overpowered toon in the game. He is tanky, hits extremly hard and can wipe out the whole team by himself if you dont have any heals. A very annoying toon in GW aswell since you need to waste a lot of recources to clear him up and get away with some health. In my opinion he most broken Character in the game.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Woofy_MC wrote: »
    Max counters I got by him was 3 I thing. I agree however. Everyone is talking about Rey (I have her 7 Stars and VIII Gear but she is still ****) while fives is the most overpowered toon in the game. He is tanky, hits extremly hard and can wipe out the whole team by himself if you dont have any heals. A very annoying toon in GW aswell since you need to waste a lot of recources to clear him up and get away with some health. In my opinion he most broken Character in the game.

Until you stun him, why would beating him ever require a healer. A lot of teams have the Royal Guard just as death fodder but he can still stun anyone with half health, which he regens every time a teammate is hit by his counter attack, and its not like Fives can kill through his tuant
  • Kebab
    179 posts Member
    Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Record evidence? I'm not saying I don't believe you its just that isn't possible for him to counter three times unless there's a leader ability that somehow lets him do that... Just put a good stunner on your team if your having trouble with his counter attacks, it would be more helpful than a healer
    If you tell me how to record it i will try

• Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Kebab wrote: »

Same, not sure how to record it but I have an ongoing battle with a guy who has a maxed fives and I have counted 6 straight hits for no reason I can figure out - suffice to say when it came down to 1 on 1 my maxed Phasma got torn apart
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry I really don't know how to but I'm sure if you search "how to record a game on a phone" on youtube there will be a tutorial or something that could help
  • scuba
    14208 posts Member
    Options
    5 hits in a row is completely possible, 7 even so.

Leia, not stealth triple shots fives when he has high TM.
    1st counter single shot apply speed down
    2nd counter double shot
    3rd counter double shot
    Takes turn double shot
  • EscapeArtist51
    1675 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fives is a mid tier toon who is painfully average for me at gear 9. He doesn't even have a spot in my arena team right now. He CAN counter three times in the following scenario. Count Dooku attacks fives, gets a bonus attack, therefore he attacked twice. Fives counters the first hit speed down is inflicted. Then fives will counter the second bonus attack twice since speed down is there. But yeah, fives is really only good in a Rex lead team for arena. But in galactic war he can still be somewhat annoying. He is nothing to fear dude.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    You need a laptop to record your phone video, in most cases.
  • Options
    @scuba has it right.
    If he gets attacked by a double-attack/bonus attack toon, like dooku, leia, cad, another 5's, rey, etc,
    he can counter both the 1st attack and the bonus attack(s), plus do an extra attack if the target has speed down. If your whole team has speed down by this point, then he is also faster than you and goes more often.
    5's is a pain, but all u need to do is stun him; it makes him just a big punching bag.
  • Options
    5s got his nerf , if your having trouble with him it's because your dps is not good enough or your not running stuns.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    5s got his nerf , if your having trouble with him it's because your dps is not good enough or your not running stuns.

This....stuns and dps
    Problem solved
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Fives is kinda like Opress in GW. Annoying but never would I call him OP. In arena ive never caught myself saying, "oh, no he has fives!"
  • Options
    There is only 1 time to fear 5's in arena. When there is only 1 minute left and he still has full protection and health, LOL.
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fives is very susceptible to stuns. Stun him = game over. RG and Daka are great for this.

Edit: to answer your question, he is likely taking his turn right after he counters. So he gets three swipes at you.
  • Options
    If you attack him with Dooku (or any other multi-attack toon), he can counterattack each of your attacks. And if he lands speed down on his first counterattack, then his second counterattack will also get the bonus attack. So, if his turn is right after that, it is wholly plausible to see him get 5 attacks in a row (or more, if he is attacked by Leia 3 times) if he targets the same toon who has/gets speed down. That's a rarity, but it can happen.

As far as Fives being overpowered (as other posters have hinted), he is way down the list of characters who could be seen in that boat.
  • Options
    Kebab wrote: »

Go to app store and get ADV Screen Recorder by ByteRev. I tried several others that produced choppy video on Android, this one gives you the frame rate you need to get good video.
  • Options
    I get a kick out of watching him (mine) face Capt. Phasma and they trade hits until one crits. It's like to prize fighters too proud to fall, so they keep trading hits.
  • Options
    Fives got 2 big nerfs, he's nowhere near overpowered. There are many strategies to beat him (stun, healer, dps, taunt) so no, not overpowered
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Stuns land almost every time
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....