Collusion in arena "player vs. player"

@EA_Jesse

What is EA position on the rampant collusion in arena? Is it OK and within the rules for several teams to collude and always have to top spots everyday?

Looking for clarification as I don't and will never use an exploit.

Does EA support players conspiring to keep the rest of the shard from winning arena?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    What you call "Collusion" most players just call courtesy. There's no sense making enemies being ruthless and cutthroat in arena when you have to see them day after day. People just want their crystals, and multiple parties can get their 500 crystals a day within reason.

That being said, the system has obvious flaws and you have to be willing to accept that not every shard is going to be forgiving towards you.

I think being able to lockout rank 1 for 10 minutes at a time should be a problem looked into, but the way the pay out system is set up, people will always find a way to edge out or "Snipe" others, colluding or not.
  • Options
    Funtactics wrote: »
    What you call "Collusion" most players just call courtesy. There's no sense making enemies being ruthless and cutthroat in arena when you have to see them day after day. People just want their crystals, and multiple parties can get their 500 crystals a day within reason.

That being said, the system has obvious flaws and you have to be willing to accept that not every shard is going to be forgiving towards you.

I think being able to lockout rank 1 for 10 minutes at a time should be a problem looked into, but the way the pay out system is set up, people will always find a way to edge out or "Snipe" others, colluding or not.

Good response. I will say that it is called player vs player. When several players communicate to manipulate the outcome that is in fact collusion. My shard has twenty players from same guild, all on same payout time. I easily beat any of their teams and somehow I am always engaged at the end keeping me from attacking the top spots. This is player vs. players and I wanted EA take on this. Their are real rewards to be had. Isn't that an exploit?
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    Options
    How can multiple people get 500 crystals? Do all people on the server not have the same reset time?
  • Jedi2407
    782 posts Member
    Options
    IdraRage wrote: »
    How can multiple people get 500 crystals? Do all people on the server not have the same reset time?

Nope. Payout time is local to each player.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    Options
    They swap payouts, decide who is gonna win hours before payout. Sadly, the mindset has become "if you can't beat em, join em", which is terrible. I will not amd have not taken a advantage of any exploits. I don't even use retreat, actually used it once, and just want a fair shake at winning straight up.

@EA_Jesse how is groups of people clearly communicating to control arena not an exploit? I want a fair chance to win without having to feel " exploity" to do so.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    danrussoa wrote: »
    They swap payouts, decide who is gonna win hours before payout. Sadly, the mindset has become "if you can't beat em, join em", which is terrible. I will not amd have not taken a advantage of any exploits. I don't even use retreat, actually used it once, and just want a fair shake at winning straight up.

@EA_Jesse how is groups of people clearly communicating to control arena not an exploit? I want a fair chance to win without having to feel " exploity" to do so.

If you can't win, join them :). I bet you can reach an agreement. Imho there's nothing exploity with that. The lock system is bad, other than that it's all fair game. How would you imagine CG preventing this, by not letting players organise? That's the point of the game.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No_Try wrote: »

If you can't win, join them :). I bet you can reach an agreement. Imho there's nothing exploity with that. The lock system is bad, other than that it's all fair game. How would you imagine CG preventing this, by not letting players organise? That's the point of the game.

Well, they shouldn't call it PvP then. And when guilds hit, could have sorted that out. I have twenty people from same guild. And finally, their forum doesn't have to have five thousand posts for people looking to hook up from same server.

If hitting a button several times is an exploit, I believe a actively coordinating the control of arena rewards to be one too. And finally, first place shouldn't be able to challenge down last twenty minutes before payout.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Well have it your way, but I bet devs consider this the most legit game act/tactic possible. Each instance of pvping happens 1 to 1.

Your last idea might be interesting, you have 1 shot at the last 20 and that's it, would evolve some curious tactics. But again CG would naturally keep it in a way that encourages trigger finder spending ;).

Lastly about same server guilding, check my messages. That's exactly what I managed to establish on this acc. 45+ guildies on the same server. We rock the arena.
  • Options
    Well have it your way, but I bet devs consider this the most legit game act/tactic possible. Each instance of pvping happens 1 to 1.

Your last idea might be interesting, you have 1 shot at the last 20 and that's it, would evolve some curious tactics. But again CG would naturally keep it in a way that encourages trigger finder spending ;).

Lastly about same server guilding, check my messages. That's exactly what I managed to establish on this acc. 45+ guildies on the same server. We rock the arena.

Guess your last sentence is my whole issue with player vs player. Where does the word "we" apply to one on one arena battles? That is the whole issue.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Guess your last sentence is my whole issue with player vs player. Where does the word "we" apply to one on one arena battles? That is the whole issue.

Arena battles still happen one to one, nothing changes. Each player pays the per match cost. I also have an arena coalition made of around 20 people on my main, most of us are from different guilds, but we cooperate against particularly pushy 2 whales, where it's obvious they also cooperate 7/24 to makes this arena hell.

I think the nature of your discussion is wrong, you can't ask players not to cooperate if their cooperation is allowed by the system. Our coalition amongst other ones I know started way before guilds were a thing in the game. Pvp segment of the forum is filled with such entries (due to the game not having a practical means of identfying your shard or shard chat). They don't meet up there just to say "hi". It was happening unofficially even before these topics started since guilds have already been around long before guilds officially became a thing. So it's as old as the game.

Then again a single person can keep refilling and lock you 7/24 (assume you are 4 and he's 1 for sake of the example) no matter how impractical and ridicilous that might be. Your only way out would be refresh spamming to get in between the matches (this does happen no matter how coordinated the enemy bunch is). Then I conclude we have a weird arena system which I put up with, but not fond of.

• scuba
    14078 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    IMO it is not an exploit but to each his own.
    If helping others using the game mechanics and an outside chat makes this an exploit than so is:
    -raid 0 damage periods to make sure everyone gets rewards
    -changing your ls/ds/Cantina lead to help someone have a good ally to borrow to beat a battle.
    -retreating in raid to get different rng
    -preloading teams in GW with TM to make it easier when tougher teams come around.
    -puting an easier or harder team in arena at someone's request.
    -using chat apps to coordinate raid damage to clear heroic raids.

Where does it end? So you want to take out the outside chat apps ok, what about those that are in the same guild and can use in game chat for the same thing?

Like it or don't like it but it is there. Like everything else in this game you don't have to partake in any aspect of it.
  • danrussoa
    964 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Collusion and all that is basically putting in more effor, just to save three bucks a day, in the best case scenario. If they need it that bad, I'll keep finishing 18th or whatever and not buddy up with the competition....lol
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    I think Scuba is missing my point.

If the top 5 have an agreement to round-robin the top spots then that's not collusion, that's cooperation. Everyone benefits.

If the top 5 are in *the same guild* and are actively ganging up to keep anyone else out of the top 5 then that is pretty despicable and unsporting. Some people are negatively affected.

No I understand your point.
    The powers that be designed arena so rank only matters at a 1 sec time period during the day and thus introduced the sniping game. Players are negatively affected by sniping also.

To me the problem is not the collusion or sniping it is the design of arena so that rank only matters for a 1 second period every day and it is a set period.

This is what leads to many players finding a way to save that 3 dollars a day for better payout.
  • Options
    Lots of ways to save money. Doesn't make them the right thing to do.....
  • Options
    Setting aside the argument if it's morally ok to do it how in the world do you expect EA to police it? You think they are gonna send whoever it is a DM telling them to let you win? Talk about ironic.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of ways to save money. Doesn't make them the right thing to do.....

"right thing to do " is subjective.
    Many consider the right thing to do is to not attack rank 1 if it is not your payout hour
    others believe attack when ever you want.

Again i don't do it to save money I do it to not be tied to my phone for the last 15 mins of payout.

Seems some like to do that and would rather spend the 3 dollars to to do that. Me I would rather take the three dollars and buy some beer and cigars to enjoy.
  • Options
    Sounds like a bunch of millennial crybabies in this thread. Guilds force people to work together. So your saying if guild mates work together to stay at the top of arena. "It's not fair" ? Lmao. You people are insane with the entitlement .
  • Options
    Here's an idea go to your app store go to swgoh app and uninstall :) or just get better at arena and stop being a little biooootch