"Personalized" PVP award time, or at least not 6pm

Hi,

Dont know how you guys feel about it but Id propose a one-time configurable PVP award time.

As a working person its difficult to start playing around 5 pm when I am still in the office :/ Love the game but for obvious reasons I will not risk my professional life for it.. If award time would be 7pm, that would be already a lot better for me. I realize that of course thats only for me and others wont think 7pm is good. Thus following proposal:

Make the award time a one-time setup. Being able to choose ones own fixed PVP award time would make it a lot easier. You then have to stick to it once chosen.
That way everyone can play when its convenient and there is no risk to abuse that functionality in getting awards twice a day or so.

Replies

• Options
    Agree.

The current system greatly rewards people who play at a very specific time of day.

Not people who play more or play better or spend more, but who play at a specific time.
  • Options
    Yep, I like this idea. Simple and solves my most obvious annoyance with the game. The current timer is right as I'm driving home from work. Even at rush hour speeds, playing on the phone is pushing it.
  • Options
    I like the current setup. It's fairly effortless to acquire the prize. All other PVP events I play require lots of effort on my part. Sorry, the time PVP ends is inconvenient but, maybe your on a leaderboard that most players are in the same time zone. I'm on a leaderboard with ppl in different time zones so at 6pm my time I don't have to do anything. I only need to collect my 3 battles from daily rewards to get both prizes.
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I like the current setup. It's fairly effortless to acquire the prize. All other PVP events I play require lots of effort on my part. Sorry, the time PVP ends is inconvenient but, maybe your on a leaderboard that most players are in the same time zone. I'm on a leaderboard with ppl in different time zones so at 6pm my time I don't have to do anything. I only need to collect my 3 battles from daily rewards to get both prizes.

My server is pretty much the same way during my collection time. But I sympathize with those who have time slots that coincide with everyone else on their server, or if they're working/busy close to collection time.

It's easy for us, but i'm sure you would be singing a different tune if we were in their situation. I like the idea of choosing your time slot.
  • Options
    Mevith wrote: »
    Hi,

Dont know how you guys feel about it but Id propose a one-time configurable PVP award time.

As a working person its difficult to start playing around 5 pm when I am still in the office :/ Love the game but for obvious reasons I will not risk my professional life for it.. If award time would be 7pm, that would be already a lot better for me. I realize that of course thats only for me and others wont think 7pm is good. Thus following proposal:

Make the award time a one-time setup. Being able to choose ones own fixed PVP award time would make it a lot easier. You then have to stick to it once chosen.
    That way everyone can play when its convenient and there is no risk to abuse that functionality in getting awards twice a day or so.

I agree with this, or at least some other implementation. It seems like 6pm was chosen specifically to the disadvantage of people with jobs/families who at 6pm are usually either: 1) on their way home, 2) just getting home and have more pressing issues, or 3) still stuck at work trying to finish so they can get home. Personally, I can not play at all during the final 30minutes to an hour before cutoff. So despite being able to crack the top 10 on my server, I am always back over 20 by 6pm. If the AI were better, maybe it wouldn't be such an issue.
  • Options
    I agree with it but personalizing doesn't seem to be the correct way. Will make everyone snipe or start at their own prefererred time somewhere. What I would suggest is to let it end at midnight. Currently the server reset at midnight should give more people time to compete. Only downside about this is that people don't stay up till midnight most likely. It's a complicated thing and doesn't have an easy fix, at least that's what it seems like to me.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to fairly solve this, but I agree 6pm isn't very handy for me either. My son also plays but for some reason he gets his prizes at 8pm which would be perfect for me. I have asked on here before, but no one could explain to me why he is two hours behind.
  • Options
    Make it based off your highest rank achieved in the past 24 hours.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in Eastern Standard Time Which, along with Pacific and GMT, has to be one of the hardest (Maybe the East Coast of China's time zone and central Europe is tough too).

I still always finish in the top 5 but a configurable time would be a better option lifestyle wise.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Reddplague wrote: »

OP's problem is not the competence at his timezone. It's that he works at that hour. The board could have dozens of people fighting, or be a desert, and that doesn't change the fact that he can not play at that hour
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It would be better if the reward times were different for people. It would definitely keep the board moving at all hours instead from 5:30 pm to 6pm.